First time coco user(Royal Gold tupur) ph and plants problems/questions.

• Thread starter _high_life_living_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mad.Scientist

Mad.Scientist

I recently switched from soil to royal gold tupur coco so I wanted to reach out to the community to see if I can get a little help/guidance in this transition into using coco coir . I have three different strains(gelato mints, Biscotti, garanimals).
I use botanicare pure blend pro line, terpinator and fishsh!t. Feeding are based off the botanicare feed chart. Below I wanted to give as much info as possible to help get a better view. I received the strains as clones. So I followed the same step and process as I have done with soil in the past outside of adjust my ph from 6.4-6.5 to 5.9-6.0. I start at week 2 on the feeding chart for clones, now in week 5 the plants show signs of growth problems.

at week 5 of veg:
PH:6.0
PPM:1100.
Room temp: 77-78F
R.H: 45-48

Tested run off :
PPM: 1490
PH: 6.1

Pictures:
picture 1-2: Biscotte
picture 3-4: Garanimals
picture 5-7: gelato mints
Picture 8: Nutrients

Question:

What is the correct Ph range for coco?

How often should you water coco?

When testing run off, should I see a drop or increase in ppm and ph?

When using coco is run off a must?
First question. There is none ph range that you can put your finger on it and say there it is. 5.5-6.4. Best advice i can give is try to hit 5.8 when in vege. And rise the ph when they are starting to fatten the buds to a 6.2 or more it depends.
Second. All the time it like hydro. To let the coco dry is a nono, because you can get ph fluctuations inside the coco. The coco fibers trap air, so the roots cant drown.
#3. Yes is a good ide to check the run off all the time. I use a notebook to write all about the growth. I put all i do in to notebook. Like the PH i put in and the PH on the run off to see how much nutrition they need and if there is fluctuations in anything. My setup is very cheap. I have two plates one smaller and one bigger. The smaller one i made holes in and put it upside down on the bigger plate. So this setup dont like PH fluctuations and i have gone through them all. If you are a fan of biology and what to put shit in the coco. I'm mean bat guano and and other shit. The plant reacts by building a big barrier of roots that can also fool you to think, that all is ok with the PH. So you have to also check how fast the nutrition solution goes through the coco. So what happend to me was that, when i poke the barrier with a long stick, my run off dropped to a 4.5. So i had a big salt build up on the roots. That i did not notice until a bit late.

Oklahoma918

Oklahoma918

I recently switched from soil to royal gold tupur coco so I wanted to reach out to the community to see if I can get a little help/guidance in this transition into using coco coir . I have three different strains(gelato mints, Biscotti, garanimals).
I use botanicare pure blend pro line, terpinator and fishsh!t. Feeding are based off the botanicare feed chart. Below I wanted to give as much info as possible to help get a better view. I received the strains as clones. So I followed the same step and process as I have done with soil in the past outside of adjust my ph from 6.4-6.5 to 5.9-6.0. I start at week 2 on the feeding chart for clones, now in week 5 the plants show signs of growth problems.

at week 5 of veg:
PH:6.0
PPM:1100.
Room temp: 77-78F
R.H: 45-48

Tested run off :
PPM: 1490
PH: 6.1

Pictures:
picture 1-2: Biscotte
picture 3-4: Garanimals
picture 5-7: gelato mints
Picture 8: Nutrients

Question:

What is the correct Ph range for coco?

How often should you water coco?

When testing run off, should I see a drop or increase in ppm and ph?

When using coco is run off a must?
I’d take the ppm down with a nice flush and see if that helps looks like little lock out

Bulletbuds

Bulletbuds

I’m currently Groin and the same Coco you are I think that your PPM’s might be a little too high for the wedge oh so your humidity might be a little too low and veg day like a little humidity and a might be to cold also .
I’m also using Tupac gold i noticed when I watered daily in the first few weeks of veg the plants didn’t do as good as when I was watering bi daily or every 3 days this coco seams to retain moisture pretty well for me after the about 3 or 4 weeks is when I start watering daily. The nutrients I’m using is Athena pro, with Athena cal mag and stack, I top dress with speedyveg every watering and do a fresh water rinse weekly to help prevent salt build up

2E5B997E 5565 4CE0 BD78 9C005E3A5CB9
C3379EF6 0C32 4030 9475 461225C90AAC
2F555B80 6C73 40A6 87A8 B366534E2ED7
BAED443E D7B1 479F A74A FC621E2ABDC8
3746CDDA B63D 4082 88A4 3931F921BB70
Top Bottom