First time coco - what’s the problem?

• Thread starter Laksika
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Laksika

Sorry for all the text, I want to explain as much as possible. I’m completely new to coco and I‘m still cautious about nutrients and watering. It could also be stress from before but my feeling is that it got a bit worse. It’s a few plants that have one or two yellow leafs, overall they are a bit lighter in green that I know them. Btw they won’t stay in this tent, so don’t mind the lack of space hah.

- 70/30 coco perlite from Plagron
- moved from 0,5 to 11l pots 5 days ago
- lights LED dimmed to 240w, wanted to up them soon

Numbers, could be a bit off, I’m now checking it a bit more. Plants haven’t gotten a flush yet due to being afraid of overwatering.
- ph in around 5,8-6
- ph out around 6-6,2
- ec in 0,9-1,1
- ec out 0,5-0,7
- Advanced nutrients 3 component for soil (safe for coco) and added CalMag as suggested, will switch to Plagron 2 component once it’s empty

Had some small ph in problems (were in upper 6) but dialed them down to the numbers above.

I’m still unsure about watering, before I moved them to larger pots I didn’t water them much, yet they were pretty soaked when I moved them over. Though the plants didn’t show any major signs of overwatering or underwatering.

I’m suspecting that it has to do something with nutrients or the coco reacting differently than I thought.

I really need your help!

First time coco   whats the problem
First time coco   whats the problem 2
First time coco   whats the problem 3
First time coco   whats the problem 4
First time coco   whats the problem 5
First time coco   whats the problem 6
coherent

coherent

Hard to guess with info and photos. Pretty hard to over water in coco. No way to tell from your photos, but my guess would be under watering and over feeding. Go very light on the nutes in the seeding stage. It will take some tine to see results if you cut back and the dying leaves with not go back to healthy green leaves... Discard them and watch for improvement on new growth. Not familiar with your coco but if it wasn't washed and pre buffered it can cause issues especially with seedlings that are more susceptible.

Top Bottom