First time DWC grow with two problems!

• Thread starter cali-grown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cali-grown

OK so I'm an experienced soil grower, but this is my first time around in dwc. I'v got spidermites and powder mildew issues. Neither are bad and havent reachedthe buds, but im worried I'll lose wieght from having to remove so many water leaves.

I went and picked up some Azamax the other day, but i havent used it. My plants are in week 8 (7 weeks, 3 days) of grow so i felt uneasier about spraying the buds. I want to add it into my water resivores, but the water isnt cycled only bubbling from air stones. The tanks are all 15 gallons worth of water per container of 4 plants. Any ideas on how much i should add into the tanks?

About the powdery mildew.. all I've done so far is spray the leaves with water mixed with baking soda. It's slowed it down but not stopped it, and the second I stopped spraying it came back within a day. Any suggestions on this problem?

Im about to pull my hair out so any help would be GREAT! :banana:

D

DazedNconfussed

fo the powderly mildew get green cure, I had PM bad and it knocks all of it back for at least a week with my plants and im spraying as needed till harvest....stuff works great.

As for spider mite I cant help you, never had them...good luck and get that PM under control soon.

D

Decisive

I am near the end of flower as well, picked up this stuff called mildew cure, seems to work pretty well, its a mixture of garlic oil and couple of other oils can be used all the way up to harvest. As far as the mites go you already have buds so you're right wary about using stuff like azamax or floramite. Although floramite will break down within 4 weeks of being applied.

B

bingiman

at this late in the stage I would use einstein oil. mix as directed but go half strength. best if you allow the water to come to room temp. around 70 degrees before attempting to mix and add a few drops in dish water soap to the mix as a wetting agent. mix very well. apply 1 hour prior to lights on and get the fans moving. einstein will effectively control the mites until you finish and is good to use up until a few days prior to harvest. will slightly change the hair to orange if they are not already there but does not seem to affect growth or smell if used and given a week prior to harvest. any closer harvest and you get neem smell.

B

bingiman

I forgot to mention that if you are to close to harvest to use einstein then a small shop vac (I know it sounds barbaric) will suck them right up. just be careful not to damage those precious glands that you worked so hard for.

S

Sunshinegrower

You need a surfer burner for that PM. It's an indoor grower must!! As far as the spider mites we are at war with them. I use this stuff called Anazthol (or something like that), Avid (nasty shit, but will fucking wipe them out!!), and cold pressed neem oil (must be cold pressed and also have to do it all the time and barely seems to work!)

I have used the baking soda before, but my plants hated it.

I have heard that milk and water works for PM, but you should look into that first. I think it's 10% skim milk w/ 90% water..

L

largepoppa

Here is some info on the dosage for Azatrol. I have followed it with good results.

S

sunsun

Here is some info on the dosage for Azatrol. I have followed it with good results

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Don't use einstein oil that late, it tastes like ass. Same goes for just about any other spray that contains garlic (ever tasted burnt garlic?) cayenne, peppermint, ect. Sulfur burners can make your herb taste like match heads if you burn it past week 3. I would use sodium bicarbonate for the PM, I believe that's what green cure is. This will just knock it back until you harvest. this is your best late cycle PM treatment. there's an organic systemic fungicide called exel lg that should get rid of the PM permanently from within the plant. the other option for systemic treatment of PM is eagle 20ew, but this stuff is non-organic and smells like diesel fuel, stays in the plant for 40 days, read the warnings this stuff is gnarly (respirator, gloves, ect.) PM is like weed herpes as it stays in the genetic of the plant. the 20ew and exel lg are the only 2 products I have found that kill it systemically. Bleach your room and equipment (use h202 to sterilize your res and hydro equip).

Make sure you are getting plenty of ventilation and try and keep your relative humidity at around 40-50%. this should keep PM down. Don't stack those DWC buckets too close, they transpire like crazy. I've never had to use a sulfur burner, but it is dry in CO. Get a few dehumidifiers if you can't keep the RH at 40-50%.

For mites late in the cycle I typically dump a full tank of CO2 in the room (leave house with family and pets) and it knocks the mites back for about a week. Repeat until harvest and then get some floromite to spray on your veg plants and scrub the place down like you had an ebola breakout.

Top Bottom