First time dwc grower trying to correct ph problems.

• Thread starter Tez710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Just saying most problems in dwc come from hot water and the ph being off if you have both of those right it’s almost impossible to fail.

Both systems average temperate is between 73-74, all depending on the temperature inside my home, which stays at 70 no matter what lol.

This picture is from my dwc which I have no issues with and sits up higher closer to the light. The rdwc holds a bit more water in the tent, causing it to stay about .5 degrees higher. I know the DWC bucket is far more light proof than my rdwc, which is why I say light leaks and algae, or root rot whatever it may be.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1115513
Both systems average temperate is between 73-74, all depending on the temperature inside my home, which stays at 70 no matter what lol.

This picture is from my dwc which I have no issues with and sits up higher closer to the light. The rdwc holds a bit more water in the tent, causing it to stay about .5 degrees higher. I know the DWC bucket is far more light proof than my rdwc, which is why I say light leaks and algae, or root rot whatever it may be.
Yeah those root are happy

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I check probably every other day. I don't add more water until its mostly gone 2-3 days. Should I keep my water about 2" under the netpot? I'm not sure if I should be feeding every 3 days but I am.
Always keep a air gap 1” is good enough and always top off and adjust. Some of the flux in ph can be signs as well, when your ph start dropping to acidity levels constantly than you need to be worried because of acid rain “” issues. Nice looking roots btw and 3gallon of solution is plenty for a single DWC large plant. Also remember in your top off water make sure it has hydro guard in it.

Tez710

Tez710

I actually found a single DWC with a drain to be really easy
It's not that DWC is hard, I'm finding out its just tedious. I would rather not have to mess with my plants everyday.. it becomes a task. It's a great learning experience growing in water, but everyday is too much keep up for me. Since I made this post I replaced my PPM meter finding out it was catastrophically wrong. Like 2ml of PH buffer wrong so... now the plants PH is ever so slowly rising throughout the week from and is slowly consuming nutes. Matter fact I think I upped the PPM to much because my plants were drinking 600ish PPM easy and now the PPM is about 850ish and only goes to about 550-600 over the week.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

It's not that DWC is hard, I'm finding out its just tedious. I would rather not have to mess with my plants everyday.. it becomes a task. It's a great learning experience growing in water, but everyday is too much keep up for me. Since I made this post I replaced my PPM meter finding out it was catastrophically wrong. Like 2ml of PH buffer wrong so... now the plants PH is ever so slowly rising throughout the week from and is slowly consuming nutes. Matter fact I think I upped the PPM to much because my plants were drinking 600ish PPM easy and now the PPM is about 850ish and only goes to about 550-600 over the week.
Well once you get everything in tune and your running static levels on ec and ph and just the res level is going down it gets better at that point because toping off is easy depending on how hungry the plant is and depending on what it is.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Pro Mix HP with added perlite. You can even push the nutrients once you get your system down. Hydro is too much work and you can’t leave town long. From experience. When salmon start running here I can feed and saturate a 7 gallon bag and stay gone several days. And not come back to a sad situation.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

It’s only because it’s a standalone dwc.

I set my rdwc at the start of the grow and don’t touch anything for the first 2 weeks or so.
After that it’s just pumping 20 gallons into a trash can to top off every 3 days.

Ive left my system alone for weeks before and came back to them being a ok.

Nothing is easier and less time consuming then rdwc it’s just setting it up right from the start is the trick.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Pro Mix HP with added perlite. You can even push the nutrients once you get your system down. Hydro is too much work and you can’t leave town long. From experience. When salmon start running here I can feed and saturate a 7 gallon bag and stay gone several days. And not come back to a sad situation.

There is some truth to this I wouldn’t say hydro is too much work compared to promix though. I have a ss #4 room and two ocean forest rooms too and I’ll take the rdwc any day of the week for every reason.

The only thing I’ll give the advantage to is the safety other then that you are a step above soil with promix it can’t hold a candle to the speed or size or quality rdwc puts out though.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

There is some truth to this I wouldn’t say hydro is too much work compared to promix though. I have a ss #4 room and two ocean forest rooms too and I’ll take the rdwc any day of the week for every reason.

The only thing I’ll give the advantage to is the safety other then that you are a step above soil with promix it can’t hold a candle to the speed or size or quality rdwc puts out though.
No question DWC or RDWC produce the biggest plants and do it fast. You can watch them grow. I loved it but again it was daily. Not tiring but I wasn’t going anywhere.

Top Bottom