First time dwc. Is this a deficiency?

• Thread starter Lebnator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lebnator

Lebnator

Hello all, any help would be much appreciated.
-8 weeks into flower
-sour diesel auto
-5 gallon res.
Using 3 part grow/micro/bloom nutrients but stopped the grow part a couple weeks ago.
Ran EC around 1.5- even 1.8 lately for most of grow(is that high)(heard sour diesel is hungry)
Ph usually stable or slowly rising 5.8 to 6.4.
Res change every week
First time dwc is this a deficiency

Here are her two sisters, same seeds, same conditions. They seem happy.
First time dwc is this a deficiency 2

First time dwc is this a deficiency 3

Should I be worried? Almost at finish line.

Onelow1

Onelow1

Looks like my Baron deficiency that's caused by a Calcium deficiency that's cause by Phosphorous excess. Only affects the top sugar leaves of the bud but then the decay progresses slowly. Mine was in flower to and then it lost it smell. Smoke was still good, Afghan Auto. Cross the finish line and don't look back. Hope this helps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Overfeeding and a bit of light/heat stress is what I see.

Some cal on some plants too.

All in all nothing to be to critical about But you definitely want to lower your EC in the future. Haven't found a need for more than 1.6 EC and generally 1.2 is where most are happy IME.

Onelow1

Onelow1

Yeah, I just had this on my last grow. Had to dive down the rabbit hole to find out the cause. Guess I could have ask Aqua Man like you did Lebnator. It doesn't look the best but it doesn't affect the potency or anything. My EC has been at 1.2 and works great. Over a LB pre Auto. It works great! RDWC = lower EC.

Lebnator

Lebnator

Thanks for reply everybody. I did forget to mention that my starting water (well water) is about .3ec , when I start after adding ph down. So does that mean actual ec is .3 lower than readings? Almost at finish line. Getting ready for flush any day now. Waiting to see some amber trichomes...mostly all white now.

Onelow1

Onelow1

Well I'm on well water to. lol An EC of .3 means you already have that much of something in you water. Then your putting your nutz in with that. So without a water test, well you don't really know what you have. Mines around .6, so I use an RO filter. But hey, yours seems to be working so turn down your EC a little and Grow on man. Enjoy!

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

I dont know much but Id suggest checking the report, that way you can see whats in the water before you add nutes and then youll know what nutes to add or not add.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well water with an EC of 0.3 is likely not issue to use at all. It's around 150ppm which can't affect anything to drastically in almost all cases.

Just make sure it's not run through a water softener.

Top Bottom