First time ever growing indoor!

• Thread starter gonzalomunioz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Hi! I’m completely new to growing, although I’ve been studying a lot about marijuana, not only growing tips, methods, etc, but also about the weed itself.
Anyways, I wanted to ask and see how do you’all think my plants are going, they’re 3.5 weeks old, the strain is Amnesia XXL, and I’ve been feeding my girls with Grotek Solo-Tek and Grotek Monster Grow Pro for about a week by now, so just one actual feeding (splitted in two waterings).
I’m quite excited but also worried, I don’t want to make any large mistake.

First time ever growing indoor
First time ever growing indoor 2
First time ever growing indoor 3
First time ever growing indoor 4
Treborkiller

Treborkiller

Im on the same boat my dude! First time doing the indoor grow.. super excited and also worried lolol
Good luck my friend! They are looking good!

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Im on the same boat my dude! First time doing the indoor grow.. super excited and also worried lolol
Good luck my friend! They are looking good!
View attachment 1231669
Thank you so much! Your response makes me even more excited about this! Yours look as good and perfect as can be! Seems like you have experience in this!
Any tip in how to keep humidity without a humidifier?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hi! I’m completely new to growing, although I’ve been studying a lot about marijuana, not only growing tips, methods, etc, but also about the weed itself.
Anyways, I wanted to ask and see how do you’all think my plants are going, they’re 3.5 weeks old, the strain is Amnesia XXL, and I’ve been feeding my girls with Grotek Solo-Tek and Grotek Monster Grow Pro for about a week by now, so just one actual feeding (splitted in two waterings).
So add a few more details - what medium your using what light ect - they look good maybe a little droopy- how often are you watering ?
the medium looks dry? Could also be light or a combination . Off to good start though .

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

So add a few more details - what medium your using what light ect - they look good maybe a little droopy- how often are you watering ?
the medium looks dry? Could also be light or a combination . Off to good start
the medium looks dry? Could also be light or a combination . Off to good start though .
Thank you a lot! I’m gonna detail everything down here (maybe the things that I have here aren’t actually available in USA, or the best option, but I got the best I could in my country)

I’m using:
- An organic soil which has vermicast, leaf compost, turba, perlite, trichoderma and mychorrhiza
- A 200w LED light (cycling 18/6)
- 2 fans (one as intake on the bottom, and the other as an exhaust on the top)
- A timer and a sensor for humidity, temp, etc.
- I was watering twice a week usually; last time I watered too much I think, so the soil It’s still wet after about 5 days (last time I watered was on sunday)
- Light’s at about 60cm from the top of the pot

I think I’m not missing anything, that should be all for now

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Like Mosh said they look good but maybe a touch droopy? Hard to tell from the top.

What is the temp and RH? What part of the world are you growing in? Are these photos or autos?

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Like Mosh said they look good but maybe a touch droopy? Hard to tell from the top.

What is the temp and RH? What part of the world are you growing in? Are these photos or autos?
I guess they’re droppy cause I feel like I overwatered them a bit, they’re on 10lts pots, and I was watering 2,5lts per week in two parts (1,25lts each). But I accidentally watered about 3,5 lts last week. Since that they’re, when lights are off, quite droppy.
I’m growing in Buenos Aires, Argentina; it’s South America, we have kind of a dense humid climate here in Buenos Aires, but right now we are in fall, so it tends to be a bit cold and dry because of the wind.
The growing tent is usually at 21 to 25 degrees Celsius (I don’t use Farenheite but I think it’s around 68 to 75 I guess) and about 50% RH for most of the growth, I’m now spraying water with a sprayer to raise It a bit to try to maintain it at 60% or 70%.
I updated my setup and setted the fans to turn off when lights are off, cause they were running 24/7 and that was dropping my RH a lot.
The strand is Amnesia XXL, they’re photoperiodic, and as I said they’re 3.5 weeks old.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I guess they’re droppy cause I feel like I overwatered them a bit, they’re on 10lts pots, and I was watering 2,5lts per week in two parts (1,25lts each). But I accidentally watered about 3,5 lts last week. Since that they’re, when lights are off, quite droppy.
I’m growing in Buenos Aires, Argentina; it’s South America, we have kind of a dense humid climate here in Buenos Aires, but right now we are in fall, so it tends to be a bit cold and dry because of the wind.
The growing tent is usually at 21 to 25 degrees Celsius (I don’t use Farenheite but I think it’s around 68 to 75 I guess) and about 50% RH for most of the growth, I’m now spraying water with a sprayer to raise It a bit to try to maintain it at 60% or 70%.
I updated my setup and setted the fans to turn off when lights are off, cause they were running 24/7 and that was dropping my RH a lot.
The strand is Amnesia XXL, they’re photoperiodic, and as I said they’re 3.5 weeks old.
Sounds like you are making the right changes. I'd still run that blower for at least an hour after lights off if you don't have a dehumidifier because RH spikes at night and can lead to bud rot in flower.

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Sounds like you are making the right changes. I'd still run that blower for at least an hour after lights off if you don't have a dehumidifier because RH spikes at night and can lead to bud rot in flower.
You’re totally right! RH has been quite high, although it’s now stable at around 65-68% with those changes made. I’m gonna have to buy another timer for my fans, because I have to work and study during the day

Treborkiller

Treborkiller

A way Ive seen people keep humidity up without a humidifier, Is hanging a moist towel in the tent, or some people even spray the walls of the tent.. But id be worried about mold.. Ive even seen my father leave big pots of water around the house to help humidity... To be honest I think my humidifier was like 20 bucks USD...

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
One thing that could help with low RH without a humidifier would be to put a big bowl of water and hang a towel with the end of it in the bowl of water, let the towel pull up water and let the heat and air pull the evaporating water around, but seems like you have it pretty stable atm, I keep my fans running 24/7 since my humidity spikes at night, my humidifiers run on the timers, turn on with the lights then back off at night, I run 2x on low instead of 1x on high Otherwise I have to refill them every 6-7 hours and I work 12 hour shifts with 2x on low they still have 1/3 left in the tanks after 18 hours running

Otherwise your plants are looking good!

If you want to err on the side of caution with watering them right now, mabye water 1 of them and see how it takes to it, if leaves pop back up after an hour or 2 then I’d go ahead and water the rest of them

freezeland2

freezeland2

One thing that could help with low RH without a humidifier would be to put a big bowl of water and hang a towel with the end of it in the bowl of water, let the towel pull up water and let the heat and air pull the evaporating water around, but seems like you have it pretty stable atm, I keep my fans running 24/7 since my humidity spikes at night, my humidifiers run on the timers, turn on with the lights then back off at night, I run 2x on low instead of 1x on high Otherwise I have to refill them every 6-7 hours and I work 12 hour shifts with 2x on low they still have 1/3 left in the tanks after 18 hours running

Otherwise your plants are looking good!

If you want to err on the side of caution with watering them right now, mabye water 1 of them and see how it takes to it, if leaves pop back up after an hour or 2 then I’d go ahead and water the rest of them
Hard to raise without a humidifier.

sunwestgenetics

sunwestgenetics

Looks healthy, nice start!

J

Janetho

Wow, that looks great!

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Welcome looks good, good luck to new to give advice ,but patience is the biggest I've learned so far

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

It's been almost 2 months since I started this grow, here's how they look now! Quite happy for being my first grow.
I'm gonna switch in a few weeks, because I need to buy fertilizers and some things to be ready to flower.

IMG 5816
IMG 5815
IMG 5808

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It's been almost 2 months since I started this grow, here's how they look now! Quite happy for being my first grow.
I'm gonna switch in a few weeks, because I need to buy fertilizers and some things to be ready to flower.

View attachment 1242222View attachment 1242223View attachment 1242224
Hi, I've read through your posts and I don't see anything about the temp with lights on. I think you need your temperature up a bit...If you could add a few degrees I think you'd see faster growth 78f -80f 25 -27c . I add a 50 w heat lamp during lights on in my tent & a 175w in my veg room to increase my temps.

With a humidifier you'll need RO water with zero PPM or you'll end up with green algae in your machine within a week in locations impossible to clean. I went through 3-4 before I caught on. I kept trying to keep them clean...didn't work....Reverse Osmosis water is the only way...imho

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Hi, I've read through your posts and I don't see anything about the temp with lights on. I think you need your temperature up a bit...If you could add a few degrees I think you'd see faster growth 78f -80f 25 -27c . I add a 50 w heat lamp during lights on in my tent & a 175w in my veg room to increase my temps.

With a humidifier you'll need RO water with zero PPM or you'll end up with green algae in your machine within a week in locations impossible to clean. I went through 3-4 before I caught on. I kept trying to keep them clean...didn't work....Reverse Osmosis water is the only way...imho

Thank you! Yeah, my temps have been quite low; Buenos Aires is a little harsh this time of the year to grow, but I'm keeping my lights on 20/4 to help with that, and they stay quite stable at about 20°C to 24°C. I'm gonna try to buy one of those heat lamps because in winter temperatures spike down a lot, although I'm quite in a budget so I'll try to catch on an offer lol.
Anyways, I topped my plants so I can have some time to buy flowering fertilizers before switching to 12/12, and give the opportunity for the front plants to catch up as they were quite dwarfer in comparison (they are growing more smoothly as opposite as the others that they tend to grow higher and not wider).

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you! Yeah, my temps have been quite low; Buenos Aires is a little harsh this time of the year to grow, but I'm keeping my lights on 20/4 to help with that, and they stay quite stable at about 20°C to 24°C. I'm gonna try to buy one of those heat lamps because in winter temperatures spike down a lot, although I'm quite in a budget so I'll try to catch on an offer lol.
Anyways, I topped my plants so I can have some time to buy flowering fertilizers before switching to 12/12, and give the opportunity for the front plants to catch up as they were quite dwarfer in comparison (they are growing more smoothly as opposite as the others that they tend to grow higher and not wider).
Heat lamps are cheap @ $10 -$15 and they're cheaper to run than heaters. You just have to make sure your not cooking anything with the heat from the lamps and they can't be close to anything flammable.. Its not the recommended way to go but I'm also on a budget and they work if you are careful with them. I went with a 50w ceramic reptile lamp in my tent. it added 2-3 degrees f its all I needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom