First time feminized plant. When to collect?

• Thread starter Dlsly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dlsly

Dlsly

Hey this is my first time breeding and not sure if I’m looking good or not. I assume I’m close to the time to collect. Just looking for any general advice. I’m going to use some fresh pollen on a clone of the same plant and another pheno of the same strain has a bit of a stronger fuel scent I’m hoping to capture moving forward. Here’s what the donor is looking like. Should I wait until a majority of sacs open to collect?

First time feminized plant when to collect
First time feminized plant when to collect 2
First time feminized plant when to collect 3
First time feminized plant when to collect 4
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

turn off fans and do paper cones taped around the tops, wait for them to start to open naturally and collect from the paper cones daily after a little shake, clean the popcorns so you don't end with pollen everywhere, remove anything that you don't want pollinated from close by, its a dedicated tent in a dedicated room for the pollen?
after collecting everything you need kill the plant carefully inside a big trash bag and spray water everywhere around the tent and nearby location to kill the remaining "lost" pollen..

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

also i know some people harvest the sacks before they open, need to be more precise and know when they are just about to open, than open the collected sacks in a white paper and collect it with sterilized tools.

Dlsly

Dlsly

Thank you. I would have never thought of using paper cones. The two other plants are the females I want to clone. They are 12 days into flower. Also yes my pollen tent is on another floor from my veg and grow area. I clean the tent between uses with isopropyl alcohol spray. Always get some dirt on the floor from topping of pots.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Thank you. I would have never thought of using paper cones. The two other plants are the females I want to clone. They are 12 days into flower. Also yes my pollen tent is on another floor from my veg and grow area. I clean the tent between uses with isopropyl alcohol spray. Always get some dirt on the floor from topping of pots.
or you can do an open pollination if the two others are in the pollen tent. much easier tho, they are flowering already in sync with the pollen donor or in advance?? 30 days 12/12 flowering should be the best time to hit em for seeds.

Top Bottom