First time femninizer, not seeing balls.

• Thread starter DankDruid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankDruid

DankDruid

Hello guys, I am trying to make some femanized seeds on a single branch of my Gods Gift. I have it in with two wedding cakes and the hope is to make a God Cake on the two and more Gods gift on itself. I bought Silver wings colloidal silver 500 ppm. So i diluted it with distilled water 1 part silver 10 parts water. It is suppose to be good stuff? I have been in flower since the first. I started spraying the night before i flipped to flower. I see absolutely nothing. I drench it twice a day early and late. The branch has turned very dark from the silver water stains and I still see no balls??? Is this normal or did I miss the boat. Should I keep spraying is another bit or stop? I have nothing to gauge off of. There isn't much to see but I have pruned it back to see where I am spraying. I understood you should see results in two weeks? Thanks guys.

First time femninizer not seeing balls
Dudethatsweet

Dudethatsweet

How did it go?
It can take a straight 18 to 20 days of treatment to see some clusters.

DankDruid

DankDruid

How did it go?
It can take a straight 18 to 20 days of treatment to see some clusters.
I failed! No balls I sprayed for 25 days and nothing. Ill try again, but U still got great weed coming on :) this was my first time trying to breed and feminize. I think this next time I will make my own colloidal.

Dudethatsweet

Dudethatsweet

I failed! No balls I sprayed for 25 days and nothing. Ill try again, but U still got great weed coming on :) this was my first time trying to breed and feminize. I think this next time I will make my own colloidal.
I've had similar experiences, and even seen the physical changes in leaf texture, color and stretch but to no avail.
My new preferred method is Silver Thiosulfate. Basically it kills the female side of the plant and a male is reborn. If you choose this method I'd root several clones early on and let them become hearty plants before treating. The process takes about a month to complete after treatment. They will look like death and you will feel sorry for them but they usually snap back.
For me the process makes sense, I grow mother plants, clone them, flower the clones, determine the superior genes, self the best plants to maintain heritage and have fun with crosses.
Word of caution, read up thoroughly on the subject and use the required personal protective equipment and never do this treatment anywhere near your grow and don't return the plants to the grow until completely dried.

Green side up^
DtS

DankDruid

DankDruid

I've had similar experiences, and even seen the physical changes in leaf texture, color and stretch but to no avail.
My new preferred method is Silver Thiosulfate. Basically it kills the female side of the plant and a male is reborn. If you choose this method I'd root several clones early on and let them become hearty plants before treating. The process takes about a month to complete after treatment. They will look like death and you will feel sorry for them but they usually snap back.
For me the process makes sense, I grow mother plants, clone them, flower the clones, determine the superior genes, self the best plants to maintain heritage and have fun with crosses.
Word of caution, read up thoroughly on the subject and use the required personal protective equipment and never do this treatment anywhere near your grow and don't return the plants to the grow until completely dried.

Green side up^
DtS
Thank you. I have lots to learn, growing is easy for me the rest is new.

LibertyBadger

LibertyBadger

You need to spray daily, for at least 5 days, prior to light flip, and then continue spray until you see pods developing. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks, to see pods develop. Also, wait until lights go out to spray, each day. The silver suppresses the production of ethylene, which builds up in the dark cycle, normally.

A6232FCF 44BC 4B64 A3B4 86D8DB9A74E5
LibertyBadger

LibertyBadger

You need to spray daily, for at least 5 days, prior to light flip, and then continue spray until you see pods developing. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks, to see pods develop. Also, wait until lights go out to spray, each day. The silver suppresses the production of ethylene, which builds up in the dark cycle, normally.
I should also add that HPS light work best, even over sunlight (for me anyway). LED lights don’t work worth a shit for reversals.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Mixed sts for first time. Sprayed once, then 4 days later , again 4 days and lights turned . Sprayed again 4 days , then again and again. So total 6 sprays over 24days .

only sprayed the bottom 7 branches and this things covered. Under mars ts1000

shhe’s purdy.

885DDE2B 3A7A 4D83 B2B2 FE3B8274CFEC

DankDruid

DankDruid

I sprayed the day I flipped, error number one. I also sprayed excessively, twice sometimes 3 times a day with 50-60 ppm colloidal (bought) and under mars led. So I can see from these posts where some of my problems already exists. Ill gather up more resources, lighting and such and do some more reading and try it again in a couple months. I have beautiful wedding cake and gods gift to enjoy, just sadly no seeds. Next time guys, im no quitter.

Top Bottom