First time for a few things.

• Thread starter Casimpi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok have a read on these 2. It will help you better understand the mechanics and influences behind watering.

Also the soil meter place properly will take alot of guesswork out.

Casimpi

Casimpi

Anyway here are some week 6 flower updates on my more than disappointing first legal VA grow.

-SC from above
SC far away week 6 flower

-Zkit from above
Zkit zzz

-Zkit stacking and main colas
Zkit week 6 flower stack

Zkit week 6 colas

Zkit week 6
Reactions: PK1
Casimpi

Casimpi

Zkit close up showing no resin production at all
Zkit week 6 close up

-SC close up - no bud production but at least there is resin
Sc close up week 6 2
SC close up week 6

SC crappy week 6 flower

Oh also @Aqua Man I read the two posts you linked me and have since added moisture meters in both of my pots. Thank you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And bud swell or hardener etc? PGRs are never on the label. Or nutes that claims to increase growth or yield?

Casimpi

Casimpi

@Aqua Man The only nutes I have added are a few tps on roots organic bloom dry amendment top dressing and 4 times I watered with 1 tbs of open sesame per gallon.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man The only nutes I have added are a few tps on roots organic bloom dry amendment top dressing and 4 times I watered with 1 tbs of open sesame per gallon.
I'm at a loss.. other than genetics.

Casimpi

Casimpi

@Aqua Man What are you at a loss for. The non resin production on the Zkit, the small bud formation on the SC, the general growth, or all of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I mean looks like some root issues but at a lose for a definitive answer for your concerns... I mean to me it only makes sense that it genetics.

Casimpi

Casimpi

Ya I agree.

I am about to start some new beans and I am going to go with a full hydro rockrool to uni-slab drip method inspired by @Dirtbag.

Originally I was going to run all InHouse Genetics Velvet Breaths. However I recently got some Sol Fire Lemon Grab and Gelly Biscuit that sound great so I might run those too. The thing is I am stuck to 4 plants here in VA. So was going to pop 6 beans probably 2 x 2 x 2 of the mentioned and see which look the weakest and cull two.

I am itching to pop them and probably will here any day now.

Casimpi

Casimpi

I was debating if I should start a new thread for my next run but decided, hey its all a first time for everything I am trying so it fits here. Plus I do not need to take up two threads.

This second run is 100% fully inspired by @Dirtbag and his Rocking Rockwool Revival thread. I wish I had the shed with the ability to have perfect environmental factors plus CO2, but it is what it is.

Details:
-2 InHouse Genetics Velvet Breath (Twisted Velvet x OGKB v2.1) fem seeds
-2 Solfire Lemongrab (Lemon Tree x Why U Gelly) fem seeds
-2 Solfire Gelly Biscuit (Biscotti x Why U Gelly) fem seeds
- I will only take 4 to flower and cull the weakest 2
Seeds soaking

-I will be using rockwool cubes then into 4 inch Grodan blocks, and then sit those on top of Uni-Blocks.
-When I went to buy the rockwool plugs my local hydro shop said I should try those rapid rooter plugs and gave me some for free
-So going to go with 3 and 3 to see if there is any difference
-I am going to be trying a nutrient line from a local VA company Richmond Hydroponics
-Have the plugs soaking in a 5.5 pHd solution of 7ml per gallon of both the grow A and B of the RVA Hydro
Bloom Nutes

Plugs soaking

Will keep both of these grows updated here in this thread.

Casimpi

Casimpi

Back to the current run.

I decided the scrog screen was not serving its purpose so I cut the plants out. I then tied down some branches individually to open them up and try get more light to bud sites. Honestly I feel like I should have done this weeks ago. This has me thinking that next grow I will use those 3D printed clips to bend branches. I like the idea of spreading the plant and still being able to individually remove the plant.
IMG 7095

Taking the plants out gave me a chance to get some better close up shots.
-Zkit
IMG 7098

Zkit
IMG 7097

SC
IMG 7096

Also with the cooler weather I have been able to take the floor standing AC fan exhaust and use it as a cool air intake into the tent with a fan on the inside pulling cool air in. This has allowed me to rig up BOTH of my lights in the 3x3. I messed with how high I can crank them and two nights ago I was able to get the HLG to 100% and the Mars to 75% and maintain 83 degrees. That is something like 53 watts per square foot.... maybe a little over kill, but I want to try and fatten some of these buds up in the last few weeks here.
IMG 7093

65785511544  D4B9DAA7 50B4 47BD 817C 31EB5F498D18
IMG 7091
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was debating if I should start a new thread for my next run but decided, hey its all a first time for everything I am trying so it fits here. Plus I do not need to take up two threads.

This second run is 100% fully inspired by @Dirtbag and his Rocking Rockwool Revival thread. I wish I had the shed with the ability to have perfect environmental factors plus CO2, but it is what it is.

Details:
-2 InHouse Genetics Velvet Breath (Twisted Velvet x OGKB v2.1) fem seeds
-2 Solfire Lemongrab (Lemon Tree x Why U Gelly) fem seeds
-2 Solfire Gelly Biscuit (Biscotti x Why U Gelly) fem seeds
- I will only take 4 to flower and cull the weakest 2
View attachment 1186196

-I will be using rockwool cubes then into 4 inch Grodan blocks, and then sit those on top of Uni-Blocks.
-When I went to buy the rockwool plugs my local hydro shop said I should try those rapid rooter plugs and gave me some for free
-So going to go with 3 and 3 to see if there is any difference
-I am going to be trying a nutrient line from a local VA company Richmond Hydroponics
-Have the plugs soaking in a 5.5 pHd solution of 7ml per gallon of both the grow A and B of the RVA Hydro
View attachment 1186194
View attachment 1186195

Will keep both of these grows updated here in this thread.
I'm a big fan of rapid rooters, that's what I use even in rockwool blocks.
And consider using a 3" block on the slab rather than a 4" block. Things just happen faster with the 3" blocks.

Casimpi

Casimpi

I'm a big fan of rapid rooters, that's what I use even in rockwool blocks.
And consider using a 3" block on the slab rather than a 4" block. Things just happen faster with the 3" blocks.

I had a hard time finding them as all I could was 2x2 or 6x6. I will note that and search harder for next round as I only got 6 blocks total so only 1 rounds worth.

Additionally that brings up the point I am having a very hard time finding water distributions blocks for the 4x4 and they only seem to sell 6x6. I actually had one shop tell me I was silly for using a 4x4 and then when I explained the Uni-Block he was like ya that's dumb use a 6x6 ebb and flow table nothing is better. I thanked him for his advice, left that store and will never return.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I had a hard time finding them as all I could was 2x2 or 6x6. I will note that and search harder for next round as I only got 6 blocks total so only 1 rounds worth.

Additionally that brings up the point I am having a very hard time finding water distributions blocks for the 4x4 and they only seem to sell 6x6. I actually had one shop tell me I was silly for using a 4x4 and then when I explained the Uni-Block he was like ya that's dumb use a 6x6 ebb and flow table nothing is better. I thanked him for his advice, left that store and will never return.
Everyone has their opinions. 6" blocks in ebb and flow is just a simple setup but can be trickier to manage plant health. 3" block on a slab is superior in many ways.

I wouldn't worry about drip caps either though, I run my 3" blocks with a single stake and naked ended 1/4" irrigation line. Don't really care about getting a little algae.

Casimpi

Casimpi

Last night I transplanted the seeds into their rooters and rockwool starter plugs. I have a pretty warm laundry room and kept the seeds germinating there and 24 hours later and all popped. The Lemongrabs both had half inch tap root in 24 hours. I did not take any pictures of the process or the seeds right before I transplanted I was distracted but here they are after about 8-9 hours and even then you can tell the Lemon is off to the races.
IMG 7111

I did one of each strain in a rapid rooter and rockwool plug because why not.
IMG 7117

So the plug was a non grounded receptacle as I moved my veg box into a new room and only realized last night. I left them in complete darkness and then came back about an hour ago or 24 hours later and converted the outlet. Plugged the light on ad set the timer and went to look to find this.
Upside down root

I am assuming due to the darkness the root did not know which way grow (I assumed gravity drove it down) and it grew up. I am not sure what to do as I know light is bad for the root, but do not want to flip the plug upside-down as do not think it will grow all the way out the other end. I left it as is so I guess unless I get better advice I will leave. It might also not hurt I have like 90% RH in there so I could maybe dry drop it and reduce chances of air roots.

Seeds soaking
Casimpi

Casimpi

Ok so we have some progress on the "Unibag" grow we are going to call it as I am sure you can guess why.

The Velvet B #1 that was upside down I decided at the advice of someone to try and carefully take out the seed and rip the rooter a little to put it back in taproot down. I gave it a go as I will only take 4 to flower so have 2 spares.
-It looks so sad after the flip with the shell weighing down the root to lay on the rooter.
IMG 7187

-Well would you look at that, 24 hours later and she is looking great.
IMG 7194

-Speaking of looking great all 6 of the seeds decided to show. Speaking of show jeez the Lemongrab #1 took off like a rocket. What would you guys recommend?
IMG 7193

I

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What do you have on them for light? A T5 flouro right on top of them like an inch away would prevent stretching.
Otherwise, jab a wooden skewer or something in the rooter beside it and twist tie it up.

Casimpi

Casimpi

What do you have on them for light? A T5 flouro right on top of them like an inch away would prevent stretching.
Otherwise, jab a wooden skewer or something in the rooter beside it and twist tie it up.

Looks like it will be the staked route just like my last grow. I am using a HLG 135w QB V2 Bspec turned down as low as it goes about 18 inches away.

Top Bottom