First time for a few things.

• Thread starter Casimpi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Looks like it will be the staked route just like my last grow. I am using a HLG 135w QB V2 Bspec turned down as low as it goes about 18 inches away.
Yeah that's out of my wheelhouse... no clue what to tell you for settings or distance, but they could use a little more light if they're stretching like that. Just gotta be careful not to give too much more.
It's why I really love T5HO lamps. They're cheap for one, but you really can't burn a plant with one unless it literally touches the bulb. Perfect for clones and seedlings.

Reactions: PK1
Casimpi

Casimpi

Update. I went out of town for 3 days so kind of just left things as is and hoped for the best. Right before I left I watered everything extra and tried to stake and support the sprouts. I made my first critical mistake of this grow (at least that I know of) by accidently killing 1 Velvet Breath when trying to support it. It was because I was in a rush to leave so I also just left it as is even tho chopped the top off.

This is what I came home to on Monday
IMG 7221

As I know they are super leggy and I am worried this will cause some issues in the grow, but nothing I can do now. The only one that is not leggy (and fastest developing) is one of the Lemongrabs that was the last bean to break ground.
IMG 7222

We are starting to get some roots poking through starter plugs.
IMG 7227

The last Velvet alive was the one I transplanted right-side up and it has a serious gangster lean going on and in turn some sideways ass roots.
IMG 7229

Lastly I was gone so could not check on things and the temps hot pretty high with a high RH so I think I have mold, no I KNOW I have mold. I hope its just on the wood support I used and now I know never to use wood again. The worst picture was on the dead Velvets stake and subsequently the whole plant was removed.
IMG 7226

Mold maybe

Let me know what you guys think.

IMG 7226
IMG 7227
IMG 7228
IMG 7229
Mold maybe
IMG 7224
IMG 7228
  • Wow
Casimpi

Casimpi

I guess I will update my original grow that I started this thread for. The Zkit is still throwing some white hairs and slowly bulking still.
IMG 7230

As for the SC I did not take and photos because I hate it. It is so frosty but has the worst bud structure I have really ever seen. I take full blame for the growing process I subjected it to, but nonetheless it did not stack and is just long airy leafy branches.

What is the best use of it now?

I want to process the entire plant into concentrates for cooking and do not plan to trim any of it other than maybe 1-2 buds.
-Should I just fresh freeze the entire plant with no drying?
-Should I bubble bag it all?
-Press it?
-Screens?
-Directly decarb all of it and use in cooking extractions (oil, butter, etc.)

I will show you guys some photos tonight at lights on.

IMG 7231
Casimpi

Casimpi

Zkit is still flowering and at this rate honestly I think it needs 2 more weeks. It is still throwing a ton of while pistils and I did my best to get close up shots of the trics and I really see no amber at all yet.
IMG 7319

IMG 7320

IMG 7323

WIN 20211122 18 53 40 Pro
WIN 20211122 18 53 48 Pro
WIN 20211122 18 54 23 Pro

IMG 7231
IMG 7321
IMG 7322
  • Love
Casimpi

Casimpi

Th SC is done in my opinion as far as the trics are concerned but just gave me awful bud production / structure. I moved my seedlings and a plant I won into a closet as a make shift veg chamber. I am planning on moving the SC to their old veg cabinet once my second fan and carbon filter get here Wednesday.

My shotgun fell on the Green Crack plant and smooshed it up a bit so I took a cutting from a damaged branch and tried to clone it.
IMG 7325

IMG 7326

IMG 7327

I am also noticing some black marks on the leaves of the Green Crack. I won this plant and picked it up 5 days ago. All I have done is water it with 6.5 Ph water, but I did give it bad light situations so maybe that would play a factor.

IMG 7328

IMG 7329

IMG 7330

Casimpi

Casimpi

I posted the pictures of the damage on discord and I had a breeder identify the issue and detailed the situation with no input on my behalf. He was like oh that looks like light deprivation issues. Sure enough I went away for 3 days and my lady did not remember to keep the light on, then I come home and blast it with the 135 HLG.

Sure enough just like he said it would get worse with the light so I turned it down and will build it back up.

I used some LST clips that were great. They really helped to spread out the plant. I also flushed the living hell out of it to try and bring the runoff PPM down.

Before LST
IMG 4632

IMG 4635

After
Top spread

IMG 4641

IMG 4642
Casimpi

Casimpi

The seedlings and single clone all seem to be doing ok other than the one Velvet breath and the fact they all stretched too much initially.

Group Shot
IMG 4627

Close up of the clone and Lemongrabs
IMG 4629

Close up of the Gelly Biscuits
IMG 4630

Close up of the velvet breath runt
IMG 4631

IMG 4628
  • Haha
Casimpi

Casimpi

Long overdue update. I have harvested both of the original plants I started this thread for. The Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough and Herbies freebie Zkittlez. The SC was chopped and hung for 10 days at roughly 60% RH in my drying tent.

I trimmed it up yesterday and landed up trimming the whole plant as I got in a groove. As the pictures showed it was a bad grower from start to finish. For what it lacks in bud formation, density, and volume it does make up for it a bit with its smell and resin production. I will probably process most of it into edibles or concentrates.

I will update this thread one more time once I trim the Zkittlez.

IMG 7612

IMG 7613

IMG 7718

IMG 7619
IMG 7609
IMG 7721
IMG 7722
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Looks like you had a great new years with the zkittles 😄