First time going to flower..

• Thread starter HumbleTie1321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Hi,
This is my first time taking a plant into the flowering stage. I've got a few questions. Everything looks like it's going great. I'm just a bit confused on how to get the ppm correct for the flower stage though. Everything I read says between 1100-1250PPM for this stage. So, say my run off is 793PPM do I just mix nutes to add up to the 1100-1250 or do I mix the nutes at 1100 and just feed them? I'm using mostly NPK RAW products. I give them bloom, cal-mag, phosphorus, amino acids, as well as Humboldt flower stacker and sweet and sticky.
As far as lighting goes. How much PAR should they be receiving for optimal growth? And how does the DLI play into the whole lighting thing? I've attached a couple of pics. I've got 2 Bubba Lemons and 1 Midnight Berry in the tent in question.

First time going to flower
First time going to flower 2
First time going to flower 3
First time going to flower 4
First time going to flower 5
First time going to flower 6
First time going to flower 7
First time going to flower 8
First time going to flower 9
First time going to flower 10
First time going to flower 11
First time going to flower 12
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

You definitely want to start gradually ramping it up don’t put max amount right away. Start light feeding and watch you plant to tell you what you need. I have not used those specific nutrients but that’s just a general guideline. As for the par and stuff someone else will have to chime in on that.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

What do you mean by ramping it up? I've got them on the max dose of each nutr. Amazingly, even with all of those nutes the PPM only run abt 497 for my new water going in. Should that number be higher?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
your feed is fine. you have some minor leaf tip burn which is indicative of the plants being given just about max of what they can take. in terms of PAR, i don't recall the conversion but flower should be between 55,000 and 75,0000 lux. 75,000 the absolute max and that's with CO2 in a hydro system with everything dialed perfectly.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Thanks for the input. I don't have co2 running so I'd be on thae low to middle of that number. Yes, I just ran some clean ph'd water through them so that should take care of my ppm. They were at the max I wanted to see them. I've read 1000-1500 par for flowering. That seems a bit extreme. I'll check my lux readings and see what they look like. Does anyone know about DLI and how you calculate that number?

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Oh, does anyone have any suggestions to boost bud productivity?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Oh, does anyone have any suggestions to boost bud productivity?
Can't speak to DLI, or really any lighting measurements. It's too unstandardized to have any kind of assurance imo. However, boosting bud productivity is relatively straight forward. Disclosure: straight forward may or may not be simple. Ok, now that that's over -- dial the environment and nutrients.

Keep VPD between 1.2 and 1.6 during lights on, make sure as the flowering cycle gets deeper there is a bigger temperature differential between lights on and lights off with lower RH.

Keep N higher for the first four weeks of flower and taper down gently after and increase PK. Goal is to be hitting max EC around week 6.

After week 6, taper down nutrient EC (dependent on variety -- sativas should exaggerate this timing).

Give optimum lighting, and as things start to wind down cut back on lighting intensity.

Keep the girls happy overall is the basic gist of it.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

Dumb question but what does "VPD" stand for? And are the numbers ratios? I understood everything else you said.

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

on I did the flush prior to entering the flowering stage. Brought my PPM up but went a little far on one of the 3 plants. So on my next water day I just used plain water. I'm referring to after being in the flower stage. Say I run my nute water thru at 1200 PPM and my run off is 793 PPM. On my next round of water do I only add 400 PPM because the plant is already at 794? I don't want to burn them up this late in the game.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Dumb question but what does "VPD" stand for? And are the numbers ratios? I understood everything else you said.
There is no dumb question except the one unasked 😊

Check this out. Not trying to sell the product (although i have 3) however; their explaination was easy for me to digest. at a minimum i would download the free chart, it is quite handy. 🍻

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

on I did the flush prior to entering the flowering stage. Brought my PPM up but went a little far on one of the 3 plants. So on my next water day I just used plain water. I'm referring to after being in the flower stage. Say I run my nute water thru at 1200 PPM and my run off is 793 PPM. On my next round of water do I only add 400 PPM because the plant is already at 794? I don't want to burn them up this late in the game.
Yes you can do that but they may have eaten the ppms down further from 793. Just flush and reset the ppms and be done with it

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

you want the run off to be within 200 ppm of the input. if its lower like you had you need to add more - if the run off is higher then drop the input

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

There is no dumb question except the one unasked 😊

Check this out. Not trying to sell the product (although i have 3) however; their explaination was easy for me to digest. at a minimum i would download the free chart, it is quite handy. 🍻

That one's gonna take some studying AnselAdams.. I'm a newbie so I'm not so sure how easily I'll be digesting it. Haha.. There's a hell of alot of moving parts involved. Who ever said growing weed was easy was full of it! Lmao!!

HumbleTie1321

HumbleTie1321

you want the run off to be within 200 ppm of the input. if its lower like you had you need to add more - if the run off is higher then op the input
Thanks for the input Shayne... So how do I get to the correct number? No one can seem to answer the question.. If you have a plant at say 793ppm that needs to be in the 1200 range.. Do you adjust your water to 1200 or just the 407ppm that your plant is missing?
Thanks again for your help, I really DO appreciate you taking time out of your day!

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Thanks for the input Shayne... So how do I get to the correct number? No one can seem to answer the question.. If you have a plant at say 793ppm that needs to be in the 1200 range.. Do you adjust your water to 1200 or just the 407ppm that your plant is missing?
Thanks again for your help, I really DO appreciate you taking time out of your day!
All good mate , if you want to be at 1200ppm make the mix up at that and multiple feeds a day at 1200ppm

Top Bottom