First time greenhouse grower

• Thread starter Kate Pearson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kate Pearson

Kate Pearson

Hi. I'm 58 and a long time on/off smoker of hash who, this year, having finally got fed up with unreliable supply contacts, decided to switch to weed and grow my own. However.....
I have found it to be trickier than I thought it would be and have run into various issues. I would normally discuss plant problems with my mum ... hmmm 🤔 ... So, here I am, hoping to experience some light-bulb moments courtesy of all you lovely farmers 👍

Kate Pearson

Kate Pearson

What did you need help with?
Hi. I've posted a longer question on the greenhouse section. Basically one problem was how long they took to flower. They basically ran out of time because night time temperatures got too low so they stopped flowering. I planted the seeds beginning of May, germinated in 6 days. Now I'm thinking if I'd started the process a month earlier, I wouldn't have had this problem.

basscaptain

basscaptain

there going to need more info in that post, someone will answer it... my 2 cents is yes you needed to start before may??? (why not mar/apr ) if time/weather is a problem you need something that will finish fast........ say 8 weeks not 12 so what your growing will matter...... in a green house you could of ran lights and heat to get them though??? Not sure where your at but sound like you pulled them???

Kate Pearson

Kate Pearson

I'm in Devon, SW UK. No greenhouse house heating. I have seeds already for next year so will definitely bring them on earlier.

basscaptain

basscaptain

theres a few here that will know your area better for sure ..... look at posts from...... think you will find more poeple from down there with his posts also.....
  • Aussie farm

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Planting earlier wont make them flower earlier, they are triggered by the length of daylight, or photoperiod. Started a month earlier theyll just be bigger when they start to flower.
You need an early finishing variety if you cant use blackout tarps on your greenhouse to artifically induce flowering.

S

Springwater

I usually start my greenhouse seeds inside around March and transplant outside around April 20th (mostly because I can remember the day). I'm at the 45th parellel and have to run some pretty robust strains to get a good finish. They have to have quite a bit of indica in them to finish most years, but pure indica has a habit of molding where I am because of all the rain and the humidity it brings, especially in a greenhouse. I find Northern Lights to work really well, but mostly indica plants with a touch of sativa has been my golden ticket outdoors here.

The other option is to run autos, and there is nothing wrong with that approach either; autoflowering genetics have come a long way in recent years.

Kate Pearson

Kate Pearson

I
I usually start my greenhouse seeds inside around March and transplant outside around April 20th (mostly because I can remember the day). I'm at the 45th parellel and have to run some pretty robust strains to get a good finish. They have to have quite a bit of indica in them to finish most years, but pure indica has a habit of molding where I am because of all the rain and the humidity it brings, especially in a greenhouse. I find Northern Lights to work really well, but mostly indica plants with a touch of sativa has been my golden ticket outdoors here.

The other option is to run autos, and there is nothing wrong with that approach either; autoflowering genetics have come a long way in recent years.

This is very interesting to read
Planting earlier wont make them flower earlier, they are triggered by the length of daylight, or photoperiod. Started a month earlier theyll just be bigger when they start to flower.
You need an early finishing variety if you cant use blackout tarps on your greenhouse to artifically induce flowering.
This is what I wondered about because I've researched and discovered plants triggered to flower as daylight hours decrease. I grew Indica varieties. Blueberry Twist, Californian Hash Plant and Auto Lemon Skunk. All suitable for greenhouses.
Can you suggest an Indica that's quick flowering?

N

nonsojames

top quality indica/sativa medical marijuana seed /clones and strains for sale got seed Sour Diesel, Moon Rock, GrandDaddy Purple,OG Kush, Sour Og Kush, Green Crack, Jack Dream, AK-47, Purple Kush, Bubba Kush, Bubblegum Kush,Blueberry,Purple-Skunk, Master Kush, Purple Haze,Banana Kush,pineapple express, Orange kush,Night Queen,Big Bud, Cheese, BlueDream, White Russia

24376 qBHn house
Http   du3avdd2jplppcloudfrontnet leafly reviews blue dream  primary 2eec

Latest posts

Top Bottom