First time grow all alone and can not figure out my problem 100%

• Thread starter The420Grinch92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The420Grinch92

The420Grinch92

So i have finally got my own everything and have been growing alone. I just finished the very first week of flowering. But i cant seem to figure out what my issue is with my plants. 2 of them are showing different things. i know that when i transplanted the one with weird leafs that its way above the pot. Some how i have been able to keep it alive which im shocked. They started as clones and what ive learned and what im going to do is start from seed with my own plants. i put them into flower so i didnt have to waist the plants i have now. Any advice will help me out. how would i use a heat mat with my set up because my temperature is dropping lower then i would like it to. which i think stressed them a little. And also i lowered the amount of nutrients i have been giving them and seems to be better. Ph testing and bringing it to around 6.0. Any ideas? or is there no issue and plants look normal?

First time grow all alone and can not figure out my problem 100
First time grow all alone and can not figure out my problem 100 2
Garden
First time grow all alone and can not figure out my problem 100 4
Garden 2
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hi, ok, a few things could be better, but your ok, how long has it been since you got the clones?what kind of light are you using? how far away from the tops is it?
anyways we don’t know your skill level or knowledge of growing, meaning like are your temps and humidity in a good zone? fresh air exchange? etc..
lots of great people with all kinds of experience here on the farm to help,
also your photos need to be in clear light at least..

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

For that space I probably would have let them veg for another few weeks. That trellis net is most effective when its about 75-80% full when switched to flower. They look awfully sparse... did you defoliate right before putting them in flower? I never do that because it shocks the plant a little and I like them to be full steam when they head over to flower. Defoliate give it a week or two, then flower. After a couple weeks in flower they can take another lite defoliation before they go full boat flower. At this point there really nothing you can do about it, I'm just saying for next time.
They really don't look that bad for a week into flower...they are stretching and putting on flower sites at each internode. Hope all goes well and they flower into some beast!

The420Grinch92

The420Grinch92

For that space I probably would have let them veg for another few weeks. That trellis net is most effective when its about 75-80% full when switched to flower. They look awfully sparse... did you defoliate right before putting them in flower? I never do that because it shocks the plant a little and I like them to be full steam when they head over to flower. Defoliate give it a week or two, then flower. After a couple weeks in flower they can take another lite defoliation before they go full boat flower. At this point there really nothing you can do about it, I'm just saying for next time.
They really don't look that bad for a week into flower...they are stretching and putting on flower sites at each internode. Hope all goes well and they flower into some beast!
Yes i did. I have been snipping very little each time. I read that you can the first 2 weeks into flower then you shouldnt do anything after. I got them as clones and not to happy with not knowing how the mother plant was. So i figured just flower them and get whatever i can and start fresh after. Ima buy seeds and start from seed myself so i know everything going into them. Pretty much learn off these plants and honestly didnt think they would turn out as good as they look now. Thank you for the advice though and defiantly will use it on my next run.

The420Grinch92

The420Grinch92

They look ok, a little red but otherwise normal. Can we get a pic in regular light?
Yeah i will try and get a better one. The red is from the light. The light makes it taking a clear picture almost impossible but i will take a new picture when the lights come on in 3 hours

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah i will try and get a better one. The red is from the light. The light makes it taking a clear picture almost impossible but i will take a new picture when the lights come on in 3 hours

You can take a pic of them in the dark cycle. infact its best to photograph them in the dark with the flash on. Opening it up for 30 seconds and a flash snap won't cause them to herm.

CFC7143

CFC7143

So i have finally got my own everything and have been growing alone. I just finished the very first week of flowering. But i cant seem to figure out what my issue is with my plants. 2 of them are showing different things. i know that when i transplanted the one with weird leafs that its way above the pot. Some how i have been able to keep it alive which im shocked. They started as clones and what ive learned and what im going to do is start from seed with my own plants. i put them into flower so i didnt have to waist the plants i have now. Any advice will help me out. how would i use a heat mat with my set up because my temperature is dropping lower then i would like it to. which i think stressed them a little. And also i lowered the amount of nutrients i have been giving them and seems to be better. Ph testing and bringing it to around 6.0. Any ideas? or is there no issue and plants look normal?
Yea with my first grow I just grew from seed and although my second grow turned out great in the end I started it with a clone and it just didn't seem worth it to me I feel like it took longer so I'm just going to grow from seed from now on rather then learning all about clones

CFC7143

CFC7143

I will mention though that I run 3 different lights in my tent each of which have a slightly different spectrum so I'm covering most of the spectrum but during the first few weeks of my grows I only keep the one light with the more blue spectrum on but this is basically only for temp control

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Yea with my first grow I just grew from seed and although my second grow turned out great in the end I started it with a clone and it just didn't seem worth it to me I feel like it took longer so I'm just going to grow from seed from now on rather then learning all about clones
Starting from clone is actually a couple weeks faster than starting from seed. The good thing about seeds is the phenotype hunt. Then you take clones of your best of the best. I got some clones from a buddy a few years back...filled with mites. Ruined my whole garden. NEVER again. I start with a pack of seeds find one pheno that best suits my growing style. And move to another strain... this hunt has given me so much enjoyment over the years.

Just staring over again myself after a few years off... I am so excited to be back at it!

RR1

RR1

Starting from clone is actually a couple weeks faster than starting from seed. The good thing about seeds is the phenotype hunt. Then you take clones of your best of the best. I got some clones from a buddy a few years back...filled with mites. Ruined my whole garden. NEVER again. I start with a pack of seeds find one pheno that best suits my growing style. And move to another strain... this hunt has given me so much enjoyment over the years.

Just staring over again myself after a few years off... I am so excited to be back at it!
I always start from seeds, unless the clones are my own. When I do this I avoid 95% of the reason mites get into a garden. I also do not perpetual garden. One crop, all the same strain. Finish, burn it all down with bleach or 20% peroxide, start fresh. By that time I have 3 week old babies to plug right back in.
In the meantime, cover the basics:
Good environment-70-75 degrees at night, 75-82 in daytime.
Nice fresh airflow.
Solid nute program.
No bugs.
As much proper spectrum light as you can. Close as you can without burning.
It'll come,
RR1
PS An easy strain that yields good, and grows good is THC Bomb Fem from Bomb Seed Co.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm a big fan of clones, and I don't mind bringing in clones from other growers. But I always carefully quarantine them for a couple weeks, monitor and treat for any pests before they go in the room. If they have RA's, any kind of mites, or PM I toss them. Anything else I just treat and move on.

For reliable production indoors, its hard to beat clones. Seed grows can be hit or miss depending on the breeder, you just don't know what you're gonna get. Not a ton of stable breeds out there.

CFC7143

CFC7143

I always start from seeds, unless the clones are my own. When I do this I avoid 95% of the reason mites get into a garden. I also do not perpetual garden. One crop, all the same strain. Finish, burn it all down with bleach or 20% peroxide, start fresh. By that time I have 3 week old babies to plug right back in.
In the meantime, cover the basics:
Good environment-70-75 degrees at night, 75-82 in daytime.
Nice fresh airflow.
Solid nute program.
No bugs.
As much proper spectrum light as you can. Close as you can without burning.
It'll come,
RR1
PS An easy strain that yields good, and grows good is THC Bomb Fem from Bomb Seed Co.
Also good strain is Moby dick. It is extremely resilient and yields that one

The420Grinch92

The420Grinch92

Also good strain is Moby dick. It is extremely resilient and yields that one
awsome thank you! This is huge help and yeah thats one other thing i have noticed that everything is different strain and age so once these flower out. i have green crack seeds otw and 1 other free seed. i will clone off one of them. My only issue / problem kinda is my temperature hasnt been the same. in the beginning my temp dropped to like 62 during night time. i have them opposite so day time for us they are off and then onn at night. im getting there and have learned alot already. thank you

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Get the roots up off the floor to keep them warmer, I used to sit my pots on styrofoam

If I grew in a colder area I would use HID lighting

The420Grinch92

The420Grinch92

Here are updated pictures of them. I cut some more sun blockers off and since then they have picked up. One shitty thing was a friend was over and brought his xbox and he was taking power away from my light for a day but fixed now. i have it switched to bloom only because with both it was burning them. its a bestva dc series 3000w. should i just raise the light and then have them both on? whats a good distance? Last thing, I know that one of the plants arent doing that good but honestly it should have died when i transplanted it. so im just seeeing what she does. Also the 3 leafs are done now and they are coming in back to normal. Time to water
20201106 005123130
20201106 005100129
20201106 005156131
20201106 005137133
20201106 005233142

The420Grinch92

The420Grinch92

i do have a heat pad under them and a tiny little heater thing to keep it under control. I read that should have put the filter on ground and have my fan on top blowing in. thought of switching it for new plants. So far the filter is working amazing can only smell them when i open it. i will be homeless if i am caught from my moms boyfriend. so far so good!!haha

20201106 005207192
20201106 005233142
20201106 012837193

Top Bottom