First Time Grow. Any tips would help.

• Thread starter MrMayhem96
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrMayhem96

MrMayhem96

Hello all my fellow stoners and grow enthusiasts! This is my first time growing on a serious level. I have 3 plants. All of which have germinated. One of them has lost its casing, and it’s cotyledon leaves are out. The other 2 are not far behind. I currently have them in some organic potting soil that my grandma had laying around, but I wanna upgrade. What is the best soil to use for each stage of growth? Thank you!

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

That is going to get a variety of answers based upon the individuals preference. The best bet for a new grower IMO is to use a soil that is pre amended, meaning it has a little bit of food in there, so that you don't need to worry about feeding for the first three or so weeks. During that time, you'll be practicing giving the right amount of water and on the right frequency. There are many great tutorials on this site and others for you to use as reference.

The most common amended soil you will find at your local grow shop would be Fox Farm Ocean Forest. It will work for you. I also like the Kings Mix from Royal Gold.

There are other brands and other mediums to use. Coco is common but it has no food and you need to understand feeding and identifying deficiencies before I recommend people try it. There is also hydroponic, DWC, NFT and so on but those are all more advanced. An important thing remember is to keep it simple.

You'll want to get a meter pen or drops to measure your Ph of the input water. There are other things like airflow, lights etc, but do a little searching on the site and you'll find some great info. Enjoy the process :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom