First time grow, are my auto seedlings doing okay?

• Thread starter supersecretusername
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
supersecretusername

supersecretusername

Hi guys,

First time in the forum and a first time grower. I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the stage of my seedlings. They are around 10-11 days old. The seeds I am growing are stardog auto from fastbudz.

Germinated using paper towels, then put into small cups with coco coir. When they sprouted, I did make the mistake of not putting them under a light immediately and left them using natural light in my living room for 2 days (I thought this was okay until first true leaves grew).
I transferred them to their final containers (as one root had grown to the point it came out the bottom of the cup) with a coco coir and perlite mix (around about 70% / 30% ratio ). For the first few days, I had them on 24/0 light schedule, and now they are on a 18/6 schedule.

I have started feeding them with low dosage of nutrients, around about every 2/3 days. For the last 3 days I have been giving them a little water every day. I am currently using 1000W LED lights (true power around 110W). IT has the ability to adjust Veg (blue) And bloom (red) lights, so veg is 100% and bloom is about 10%. Lights are around 20" away from plants.

Other things to know is I have a carbon filter installed in the grow tent, humidity is controlled between 60 RH- 70RH and I an oil radiator is configured to keep temps between 20c and 25c (68f and 77f). however on 'lights out' the heater is turned off and temperatures can drop to about 17c - 18c. (62f - 64f).

1) I am concerned as from what I can see online with other seedlings, it seems mine are growing rather slow, especially considering these are meant to go from seed -> harvest in 8-9 weeks.

2) Also, I am concerned of the markings on one of their cotyledons. As you can see on one of them it has weird lines.

Thanks for any thoughts, advice and opinions!

Imageproxy
Imageproxy 1
Imageproxy 2
Imageproxy 3
Imageproxy 4
Imageproxy 5
Imageproxy 6
andrienw

andrienw

Hi guys,

First time in the forum and a first time grower. I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on the stage of my seedlings. They are around 10-11 days old. The seeds I am growing are stardog auto from fastbudz.

Germinated using paper towels, then put into small cups with coco coir. When they sprouted, I did make the mistake of not putting them under a light immediately and left them using natural light in my living room for 2 days (I thought this was okay until first true leaves grew).
I transferred them to their final containers (as one root had grown to the point it came out the bottom of the cup) with a coco coir and perlite mix (around about 70% / 30% ratio ). For the first few days, I had them on 24/0 light schedule, and now they are on a 18/6 schedule.

I have started feeding them with low dosage of nutrients, around about every 2/3 days. For the last 3 days I have been giving them a little water every day. I am currently using 1000W LED lights (true power around 110W). IT has the ability to adjust Veg (blue) And bloom (red) lights, so veg is 100% and bloom is about 10%. Lights are around 20" away from plants.

Other things to know is I have a carbon filter installed in the grow tent, humidity is controlled between 60 RH- 70RH and I an oil radiator is configured to keep temps between 20c and 25c (68f and 77f). however on 'lights out' the heater is turned off and temperatures can drop to about 17c - 18c. (62f - 64f).

1) I am concerned as from what I can see online with other seedlings, it seems mine are growing rather slow, especially considering these are meant to go from seed -> harvest in 8-9 weeks.

2) Also, I am concerned of the markings on one of their cotyledons. As you can see on one of them it has weird lines.

Thanks for any thoughts, advice and opinions!
I have a similar light and was keeping it at about the same distance but I was seeing very slow growth. I put the light much closer to about 8-10” and had my fan blowing between the bottom of the light and the top of the plant to keep the heat away. That did the trick regarding slow growth. Not sure on the discoloring. It doesn’t look too bad yet.

andrienw

andrienw

I have a similar light and was keeping it at about the same distance but I was seeing very slow growth. I put the light much closer to about 8-10” and had my fan blowing between the bottom of the light and the top of the plant to keep the heat away. That did the trick regarding slow growth. Not sure on the discoloring. It doesn’t look too bad yet.
The discoloring looks to be only on the cotyledon so I don’t think it’s a big deal. It could just be a splash from your nuted water.

supersecretusername

supersecretusername

The discoloring looks to be only on the cotyledon so I don’t think it’s a big deal. It could just be a splash from your nuted water.

Thanks for your reply! Sure, I will try playing with the positioning of the light. I have moved it a couple times but thought it was okay as seedlings didn't need to much light and the stems aren't stretching out for it. But yeah will try getting as close as possible and watch out for any signs of light burn.

Top Bottom