First Time Grow Diary In The Uk

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

My first grow. I'm a UK grower. I'm using a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0m tent. 600w hps light in a cool tube. Air exchange in the tent is by 2 in line fans a 4 inch and a 5 inch. One on the cool tube one on the carbon filter. and I have 2 floor fans to keep air moving. My growing media is canna soil and my nutes are bio bizz. I ph test water going in and I test the run off too. I am growing ak 47 White Russian Early Sativa and Big Bud XXL. I am getting a second set up the same so I can put indica strains in 1 sativa in the other. I'm not sure if that's the best way or if I should just have 1 for veg and 1 for flowering? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I have limited room and don't want to waste any. I bought seed for them all ( reg seed not fem). They are currently 12 and 15 days old. 1 white russian already has 5 nodes so I need to decide if I'm gonna main line it or not. Other plants are at 3 nodes each. The smallest by far is the big bud XXL which I believe only comes in female form? I have attached pics I took this morning. any input appreciated

First time grow diary in the uk
First time grow diary in the uk 2
First time grow diary in the uk 3
First time grow diary in the uk 4
Last edited:
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Sweet deal looks like you got it figured out. Looking good can't wait to see what that most delicious Russian will do for you.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Other than noted issue wich is not a big one, yes everything looks very healthy and happy. What bio bizz nutrients are you using exactly it's a big line?and at what rate? Do you have a ec/ppm tester?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I'm using bio green and bio bloom. I'm not feeding yet but when I do I will start at 1/4 strength then increase to half strength slowly. I'm not a fan of feeding full strength every water or even feeding every watering. I will feed when plants need it only. I'm not sure when to start feeding tho. They are in a good quality soil with plenty of N already in it naturally. I did a test feed a week ago at 1/4 strength and got signs of too much N on the new growth so iv stopped for now.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Wow bud i didn't know canna made soil like this one.

Canna Terra NPK – 12-14-24 :wideyed:
Contains: peat, dolomite lime and NPK fertiliser good god why do you even need nutes!¡¿?
pH level: 6.0
EC level: 1.0
All this rite out of the bag that's either insane or genius.... Given the source I'm betting on the latter!

Cant help ya figure any nute schedule for that bud (If you even need one) hopefully someone who uses canna soil will chime in and drop some knowledge

As for a ppm tester this is pretty essential to any successful grow you can just guess but knowing for sure is always best

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Dunno about the USA but over here the canna soil is sooo cheap. I will wait and see if they end up needing feed. I'm curious myself. I can add this info to my diary.

H

happy b

Oh no I don't have a ppm
You dont need ec/ph meters in soil bud.your doing fine.one thing i would suggest though once your plants get a bit bigger get a better air cooled eeflector as the cool tubes dont spread light very good.they leave a hot spot directly under the bulb.get one with the hinged glass .the spread the light FAR more efficiently.cool tubes are the worste aircooled fixture to spread the light.and spreading it is important.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

You dont need ec/ph meters in soil bud.your doing fine.
No you certainly do not Need one to grow in soil as i stated before you can just guess at where your at going off of the bottle. However IMO actually knowing for sure where your ph and PPMs are is essential for long lasting success (not specifically pertaining to any growing method) IMO. This is because you get nute buildup or deficiency if your off by to much one way or the other and should test your run off each time you feed to make sure of this without the use of a ppm and ph you run some extra risks but like @happy b said you don't have to have one soil is somewhat forgiving if you ever get into coco or hydro tho again IMO you absolutely Must have both.

H

happy b

No you certainly do not Need one to grow in soil as i stated before you can just guess at where your at going off of the bottle. However IMO actually knowing for sure where your ph and PPMs are is essential for long lasting success (not specifically pertaining to any growing method) IMO. This is because you get nute buildup or deficiency if your off by to much one way or the other and should test your run off each time you feed to make sure of this without the use of a ppm and ph you run some extra risks but like @happy b said you don't have to have one soil is somewhat forgiving if you ever get into coco or hydro tho again IMO you absolutely Must have both.
Agreed.you defo need em in anything except soil really and as kilo said although you dont strictly NEED a ph meter in soil it would defo help keep you right.and IF somethin did go wrong you would atleast know it wasnt that.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Thanks guys for all the advice. I am testing ph both what goes in and first run off too. Im using a kit for this not using them dip strips. It's staying at a steady 6.5 but I'm gonna vary it between 6.0 and 7.0 as different nutes absorb at slightly different ph. If I vary up and down the 6-7 ph range I shouldn't get any nute lock I hope. I do have a question tho.....I keep my water (just tap water) in a tub to get rid of any chlorine...and I keep this water full of oxygen with a pump so it doesn't go stale and has lots of oxygen for the roots. Is it ok to do this as I understand that ph in water can change with vigorous movement? Thanks again guys you've been a grest help.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Air stone bubblers indeed can cause a flux in PH. This will happen after a few hours of airation sometimes way less time than that even. However this is a completely normal and average thing to do to water for the sake of clearing chems from it to show you care about your girls ; ) So all you need to do to get around the flux is this. Before using the water turn your air pump off for about 15-30 min then test ph if you like then prepare the nutrient solution then test it again after it has been mixed very well, You can adjust the PH now if it is even needed at this point just be sure not to adjust ph before adding your nutes because they will most likely cause a bit of a flux that will just need another adjustment... hope that answers your question. If not let me know what other info on this you are looking for? Or just tell me STFU since I am so dam long winded in my postings.
GLHF

Last edited:
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Thanks KE that's what I wanted answering. I didn't know how long to wait if I shut my pump off and you sorted that for me :)

G gnome

G gnome

Sorry for multiple posts but I just wanted to say if ya got any questions in regards to the w.r. feel free to ask like i sed i grew it for years

Latest posts

Top Bottom