First time grow diary outdoor

• Thread starter Ninimodz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Derelict999

Derelict999

Looking good. Try some LST on at least one. Its not that hard to do. You will increase your yield without sacrificing the main cola.

N

Ninimodz

Looking good. Try some LST on at least one. Its not that hard to do. You will increase your yield without sacrificing the main cola.
I am only going to keep 3 of the plants. And after reading your comment I was thinking about experimenting with 3 different trainings.
1st-plant: top
2nd-plant: top and LST
3rd-plant: LST
Thoughts?

As this is my first grow, might as well make my mistakes early and experiment with different kinds of training and nutrients.

I plan to start nutrients on atleast the tallest plant next week. Most, if not all of the plants have hit the veg stage (I think, idk how to tell) so I thought it was getting around that time. I have a PPM Meter and these 3 nutrients from fox farms.

Grow big
Big bloom
Tiger bloom

Derelict999

Derelict999

Personally, I hate to cut off the cola. I just LST. On the other hand, if you want to experiment, go for it. I get respectable yield with just LST, I also use REMO nutrients . Someone else will have to vouch for Fox, although i hear its good

N

Ninimodz

Personally, I hate to cut off the cola. I just LST. On the other hand, if you want to experiment, go for it. I get respectable yield with just LST, I also use REMO nutrients . Someone else will have to vouch for Fox, although i hear its good
It hurt my soul a little to top my favorite and biggest plant last weekend, ill try lst with 1 or 2 plants and see from there. I am kind of worried because my research on lst showed me that when you lst. The end result is a unorganized, mess of stems and leaves that look and are hard to navigate.That's the only reason I wasn't going to. Can I see some of your lst plants?

Also, do you rotate the string connected to the plant around the pot?

Derelict999

Derelict999

My biggest complaint was that trimming was hell lol, she was thick. It was almost a ring of colas

Derelict999

Derelict999

That's kind of strain dependant. I think they showed preflower in July , but they were not ready until October. Here's a tip or two...Let them dry out between watering, the roots need to breathe occasionally. Don't fuss with them too much (I know it's hard). I only trim fan leaves as they yellow. Stop LST once flowers appear. I'll do my best to answer your questions , but there are many out there with much more experience. Also, its a weed , it wants to grow big

N

Ninimodz

That's kind of strain dependant. I think they showed preflower in July , but they were not ready until October. Here's a tip or two...Let them dry out between watering, the roots need to breathe occasionally. Don't fuss with them too much (I know it's hard). I only trim fan leaves as they yellow. Stop LST once flowers appear. I'll do my best to answer your questions , but there are many out there with much more experience. Also, its a weed , it wants to grow big
I do try not to mess with the plants but they're just so neat. I'm really excited to try lst. I think I may start 2 or 3 of them this weekend with lst. Once my fence is up to protect them from my dogs I will start them.

N

Ninimodz

Somethings wrong with my largest plant, the white spots are being taken of I believe with neem oil, im unsure why they're burning in random spots. It's only this plant, I think maybe stress from topping it or maybe the heat? I have given them no nutes or anything other than kelp, and neem oil. Any ideas?

Snapchat 1836363598
Snapchat 1476381819
Snapchat 807105006
N

Ninimodz

These babies have been flourishing lately. I've topped, and FIMd a few of them and seem to be recovering nicely. Just moved them into a fenced area in my backyard. I've sprayed neem oil a few times and around them on the ground. I'm getting ready to put more kelp meal in these next week. I'll also be starting LST on the remaining plants. I have to get some nutrients soon since they've made it to the veg stage.

2 topped
2 fimmed
2 LST
This is how I'm going to train the plants just to experiment.

N

Ninimodz

I tried my best and I hope this girl lives. This one was the largest one, not anymore lol. Some of it was still attached so that gives me a little more hope. She's a fighter

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on! Just like setting a broken leg. L O L. All you can do is set it and tape the hell out of it. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom