First time grow diary outdoor

• Thread starter Ninimodz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think the important part is called the Cambrian layer. It’s the outer most layer of skin on the stalk. Once that is disrupted all the way around then I think you are SOL. But if some of it is intact you might save her. Have lost more plants to mice and rats girdling the base of the stock all the way around than any other malady. The same thing happens when you get a mold problem Right at the base of the Stalk And it completely in circles the stalk. The big beautiful plant just kind of folds up and dies. At least I don’t know any way to save them when that happens.

N

Ninimodz

I think the important part is called the Cambrian layer. It’s the outer most layer of skin on the stalk. Once that is disrupted all the way around then I think you are SOL. But if some of it is intact you might save her. Have lost more plants to mice and rats girdling the base of the stock all the way around than any other malady. The same thing happens when you get a mold problem Right at the base of the Stalk And it completely in circles the stalk. The big beautiful plant just kind of folds up and dies. At least I don’t know any way to save them when that happens.
Ahh shit lmao, this plant was still still connected maybe 5-15% on the Cambrian layer. Do you think this girl will continue to grow from the cut or possibly just die? I'll do some research tonight and see if I could do anything to maybe help. I'm just expecting the worst case.

Derelict999

Derelict999

All you can do is tape it up and hope for the best. At least you didn't do what I did last year. I was moving the plant out of the rain in the last couple of weeks of flowering, and managed to break off a branch with a rather large cola. I hadn't flushed yet, so it wasn't very tasty and missed two weeks more on the plant . Live and learn

N

Ninimodz

All you can do is tape it up and hope for the best. At least you didn't do what I did last year. I was moving the plant out of the rain in the last couple of weeks of flowering, and managed to break off a branch with a rather large cola. I hadn't flushed yet, so it wasn't very tasty and missed two weeks more on the plant . Live and learn
Ahhh that sucks man, at least you still were able to smoke some of it. Yup live and learn, I started with maybe a dozen plants and I'm left with half of them lol

N

Ninimodz

Oh shit, to my surprise the decapitated one is showing strong signs of response. It was very droopy around midnight last night, I thought for sure it was going to die. It honestly is acting normal, it grew a little more at the tip of the cola and the top leaves feel and look like they're able to hold there weight. I took some support off the plant to, and it's pretty stable. I don't have pics right now because it's been storming for a few days. These plants are 100% overwatered but I can't do much to help right now and it's only going to make this recovery more difficult for her. High hopes but expect the worst

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sounds to me like you may have pulled her through.

N

Ninimodz

Sounds to me like you may have pulled her through.
You think so? I am hopeful but it's only been about 18 hours and I'm low key expecting a drastic drop in health in a few days. Not sure why but maybe it just hasn't fully realized it has been severed quite yet.

N

Ninimodz

I've broke stems and just left them, and they were fine, bit like pinching and bending really, I wouldn't worry. 🙂
I was only worried about the plant would respond to this as if it were topped or pinched. It's near the top but Idk if the leaves that survive underneath would have the strength to keep the whole plant alive.,

N

Ninimodz

Rip
20220702 201505

N

Ninimodz

I'm really hating this weather, it's hurricane season so it's raining everyday at random hours. They've endured it all, I haven't covered them in a while because I can't. It rains for like an hour in the middle of the day when I'm at work. It's either no sun at all hours or endure lots of rain. They're being randomly watered throughout the day with sunshine in between. They still are flourishing though, idk hopefully they dont take a turn for the worst

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey bud just caught up on your grow. Brutal weather ever lay off for ya? Monsoons been smashing us here in AZ. My grows are indoors but still causin super high RH and house almost flooded last week qhen 3"+ feel in under an hour. Anywho hope your ladies survived and are hangin in there

N

Ninimodz

Hey bud just caught up on your grow. Brutal weather ever lay off for ya? Monsoons been smashing us here in AZ. My grows are indoors but still causin super high RH and house almost flooded last week qhen 3"+ feel in under an hour. Anywho hope your ladies survived and are hangin in there
Oh hey man, sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I'm sorry to hear about that though. They're surviving alright, just started flowering. I've been neglecting them a little bit because of personal events but yeah here's some pics of them today. I'm not sure if the leaves are supposed to be browning and yellowing during flowering but it's worrying and idk what to do.

20220920 173736
20220920 173733
20220920 173729
20220920 1737290
20220920 173725
20220920 173723
20220920 173714
20220920 173712
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Oh hey man, sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I'm sorry to hear about that though. They're surviving alright, just started flowering. I've been neglecting them a little bit because of personal events but yeah here's some pics of them today. I'm not sure if the leaves are supposed to be browning and yellowing during flowering but it's worrying and idk what to do.
No sweat bud and welcome back. Your grow looks like it is comin along real nicely. Looks like some great purple colors comin in. Wish I could help with the leaves but I have very little experience and none outdoors. I do know that later on in flower some discoloration of leaves is completely normal and the plant is simply using all its last resources up. I think they call it natural fade or something. But there is a fine line between natural and something caused by deficiency or abundance. We need to find someone well versed in outdoor grows to see if they could lend a hand. Do you have any idea how long the plants have been in flower?

Derelict999

Derelict999

The plant transfers the required nutrients to build flowers from the no longer required fan leaves. You could feed it flowering nutrients if you like, it might help to beef them up a bit and slow the yellowing.

G

geemonty

I am no expert at growing but as Derelict999 and others have said, this tends to happen. It hasn't happened on every grow but on most grows the big fan leaves yellow a bit. I personally notice it happens toward the end of flower and its usually lower fan leaves for me.

Untitled

Are those just dried fan leaves covering the flower? It doesn't look good to me, that might actually be cause for concern.

N

Ninimodz

I have started giving them some fox farms flowering nutrients twice now every other watering. That brown budding fell off, not sure if that was due to lack of nutrients or not but I haven't seen another one like it since the first feeding. I'll post some more pictures today or tomorrow for you guys.

Top Bottom