First time grow general questions/help

• Thread starter The.Cryptkeeper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

I am currently about 4 weeks into my first grow of sour diesel plants. Plants are in light mix soil at the minute and under a 250w ecobulb. I currently have an 8 inch exhaust fan in roofspace with filter attatched at ceiling of grow room. My intake fan i am told is a bit too small and that is why i have not moved the plants to hps 600w bulb yet. Only started feeding with nutes yesterday as bottom leaves on one of the plants seem to be yellowing which i am told is a N deficiency. Also have a 9" desktop fan blowing air at plants 24/7. Plants at the minute are on 18/6 hour daylight period. So just asking for any input, do's and don'ts about this grow and any help will be greatly appreciated. I will post pics of every week up until now

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

Weeks 1 - 3 and general pics

These pics are from the first couple of weeks of my grow, as well as general pictures of the grow room setup etc. btw they plants are reserva privada's sour diesel

SAM 0411
SAM 0412
SAM 0413
SAM 0414
SAM 0415
SAM 0416
SAM 0417
SAM 0418
SAM 0419
SAM 0420
S

StrikeitRich

Need more info brother.

Yeah they are suffering, but nitrogen def is not ur only issues here.

What are ur day time temps, night time temps, room humidity, esaxtly what have u put into the plants soil, what soil is it, how much u water them, do u use tap water Ro water DI water? what is the PPMs and PH of ur water starting out, and what is the PPM and PH of ur Nutrient Mix before going into soil, what is ur PH of ur soil, what is the PH of the water run off of ur soil? Bro there are way to many variables that i dont know about to give u an accurate answer, but just to shoot into the dark here....

I'd say ur PH is off or ur not giving them enough nutes, either way the roots are not healthy on those babies and u should probably Flush the soil completely and reset everything i mentioned previously.

If all is okay with the previous questions, then id say let em Dry out completely cause its probably a bactirial of algea takeover in ur root mass or just good old Lock out.

If u r locked out id say transplant into a bigger container preferablly a Smart Pot casue they breath much better than a plastic container. (Good for lockout)

If its the other thing, being a takeover of the bad guys, well honestly id say try to take a cutting and start over since they are so younge.

Good luck,
S i R

J

johndeere

The nutes you hit them with was too much. You have some signs of Nitrogen toxicity, leaf tips curling downward, dry scaley looking fan leaves. Its an easy fix...flush a little. Do you PH your water? The other leaves that are curling up are showing heat stress.
All in all they look ok just get your temps in line and feed some proper PH water for a couple of days. Good Luck

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

Weeks 1 - 3 and general pics cont.

more pics from my setup as well as grow

SAM 0421 Large
SAM 0422 Large
SAM 0423 Large
SAM 0424 Large
SAM 0425 Large
SAM 0426 Large
SAM 0427 Large
SAM 0428 Large
SAM 0429 Large
SAM 0430 Large
SAM 0431 Large
SAM 0432 Large
SAM 0433 Large
SAM 0434 Large
SAM 0435 Large
SAM 0436 Large
SAM 0437 Large
SAM 0438 Large
SAM 0439 Large
SAM 0440 Large
SAM 0441 Large
SAM 0442 Large
SAM 0443 Large
SAM 0444 Large
SAM 0445 Large
SAM 0446 Large
SAM 0447 Large
SAM 0448 Large
SAM 0449 Large
SAM 0450 Large
SAM 0452 Large
SAM 0453 Large
SAM 0454 Large
SAM 0455 Large
SAM 0456 Large
SAM 0457 Large
SAM 0458 Large
SAM 0459 Large
SAM 0460 Large
SAM 0462 Large
SAM 0464 Large
The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

Week 4 (Where I'm at now)

This is where i am currently in my grow

SAM 0467 Large
SAM 0468 Large
SAM 0469 Large
SAM 0470 Large
SAM 0471 Large
SAM 0472 Large
SAM 0473 Large
The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

Thanx for the comments already, i only started giving them nutes yesterday so not enough nutes could very well be the problem with them

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

Here are the girls at five weeks yesterday now, i feel like they have really come along since last pics were taken and have removed some of the fan leaves that looked a bit worse for wear. Very excited now as i feel they are looking good :)

SAM 0474 Large
SAM 0475 Large
SAM 0476 Large
SAM 0477 Large
SAM 0478 Large
DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Ph em now and drop those ppms I see problems already arising from that brotha

and dont ignore SIR, if you really want to do this right, hes a great farm with some skills really trying to help you out,
w/o those answers we cant help you

And I would post this in the infirmary you'll get actual help there and there's plenty of homework for you to do there.

good luck

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

Not being impolite its just as am a bit short on funds atm so I don't have a thermometer or a humidity meter as of yet, just waiting on pay from work and then i can get whatever is necessary, including a new intake fan as well

S

StrikeitRich

Ph em now and drop those ppms I see problems already arising from that brotha

and dont ignore SIR, if you really want to do this right, hes a great farm with some skills really trying to help you out,
w/o those answers we cant help you

And I would post this in the infirmary you'll get actual help there and there's plenty of homework for you to do there.

good luck

+ Rep (but i cannot just yet already did give u some recently lol)

Ty for ur kind words

Honestly ur pics look like ur getting shit under control, but ur statement about flow and not being able to get them meters... Well honestly bro u can get a PH test kit in the aquarium or Pond section at ur local Walmart (Michigan) for 5 bucks and the PPM thing can wait till u get another 20 bucks, but the 5 dollars for a PH kit bro, if u cannot afford that then u should go sell ur playstation and get 5 bucks. lol.

All the pics are nice, but wont get u any answers.

Peace,
S i R

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Not being impolite its just as am a bit short on funds atm so I don't have a thermometer or a humidity meter as of yet, just waiting on pay from work and then i can get whatever is necessary, including a new intake fan as well

You gotta state that from the beginning, you see why much info is need to help you out?
This is my opinion If i were you, you can take it or leave it. Weve all been there bro all this crazy equipment adds up quick if your on a budget stick to the necessity's first and above all get a ph tester, doesn't have to be digital, get the test strips like SIR said(huge tip), get some nutrition to get you going( dont go crazy with it like the guy recommends at the hydro store your just in veg n stick to the basics) you dont need a ppm meter if you cant get one yet ( just make sure you go 1/2 strength to 3/4 nutrition since you dont have one) and get a cheap old school dollar thermometer.
and i would def focus a way to cool that 600 watt down if your planning to,(go for the 1k bro! lol) maybe a small ac or a air cooled hood,and you could use your vent fan to cool it.

and if your on a tight budget craigslist is your best friend :clapping
you can easily get a 1000 watt setup for less than $150 with some good hustlin skills lol depending where your at try to see what that costs new

Above all brotha do your hw go to the infirmary section and read the 70 pages of farmers mistakes, the info is priceless learn off others so you can spot out things on your own

And just my 2 cents I think your gonna need to flush your girls, ive heard of farmers that do a feed, feed, flush regimen when there in soil/coco because of salt and ph build ups. Not my dept tho.

And big thing see if you can get some extra clones to put in their as a backup. With the new tips you pick up on here there gonna be alot more healthier and most likely will catch up to your current plants. Its always beneficial to have extra plants and pick out the best ones shit happens and when your about to flower it really pays off.

Good luck with all keep us updated

+ Rep (but i cannot just yet already did give u some recently lol)

Ty for ur kind words

All the pics are nice, but wont get u any answers.

Peace,
S i R

lol your one funny dude you crack me up with your posts
seriously sell your playstationfor 5 bucks :giggle

+rep dude for tippin this young gun bout the ph strips, thats gonna go a long way.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Howdy Keeper. I think it looks like you have done okay so far. You light set up looks good it sounds like your working on getting your air flow right. I noticed something I see in all of your photos. Your soil always looks very wet. Your plants also show possible signs of being over watered the even yellowing of your plants makes me think that is the most likely cause of many of your problems. How often are you watering ? How dry are you letting your soil get between watering. I always say look for the simplest solution first. Just my 2 cents
-Doc

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

Thanks for all the comments so far, i'm planning to get the humitdity meter as well as some ph strips 2moro, atm we've just been watering whenever the plants seem noticeably lighter in the pots, on average i'd say maybe every 4 -5 days

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

ok so i got an old clock with a thermometer and I got in my hps bulb atm we are at about 32C :sweating, (im waiting on getting a new 8" systemair intake) im running 2 desktop fans a 9" and a 5"(?) plants are looking alright and are in new pots :ninja
i know i still need to get ph test strips....
also on the clock there is a humidity meter but I don’t know if it works its reading 10-45 at times so i don’t know if that’s right
pics will follow:banana1sv6:

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

ffs not lettin me post pics will have to try later saying failed to upload :mad0233::sign0065:

The.Cryptkeeper

The.Cryptkeeper

i also took my filter off to let more hot air get out

SAM 0479 Large
SAM 0481 Large
SAM 0487 Large
SAM 0491 Large
SAM 0499 Large
SAM 0490 Large
SAM 0497 Large
Top Bottom