first time grow hold my hand please :)/grow diary

• Thread starter dollardos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smashed1

ha dollards dont now that much about lights n stuff but i checked out that link make sure u read the couple qustions down the bottem of yhe page (it sounded pritty good 2 me but) sum 1 how realy nows shoud tell u but

A

amstercal

although i've never run a lumatex, lots of people have good things to say about them. i know someone in the hydro industry who does a lot of equipment testing, i don't think you can go wrong with any of the ballasts on hydrofarm's site.
when i first heard about the dimmables, I didn't understand that you had to have separate bulbs for each setting... so if you want to run 400W then later 600W then 1000W, you need a 400, 600 and 1000W bulb separately.

although I think your way will be fine, you could actually get a cheaper brand 400W MH for veg and 1000HPS for bloom or 2 1000s or whatever for your bloom for the same price.
if you want to go the switchable/dimmable route, it's still a good choice according to many people here, but imvho, i'd go for more lights. it really depends on what your overall goals are here. How are the plants looking?

dollardos

dollardos

thanks amstercal I ve been so busy I haven't been online in a couple of days
the plants are looking great I'm gonna post new pic tomorrow. its starting to smell alittle
there about 12 inches tall i am going to get a small osolati]ng fan. do I need odor control in the veg room? what should i put on the floor in my flowering room its a fairly large room i have panda plastic on the walls. I have exposed beams on the ceiling i wanted to put mylar (because it wont melt ?? right???) stapled to beams . I want to be as efficient as possible
or maybe drywall with flat white paint what is the best way i want to flower about
30 plants

marski420

marski420

Your good with the mylar man, best reflective material. Odor in the veg room is usually nothin compared to the flower room brother, if you can afford to odor control both then go ahead, if you need to because you live near people or have people over you dont want knowing that is. If your veg room is out of the way and your house isnt stinkin from it dont worry too much. having the plants in a sealed room is always good for odor around the house. The osolating fan is a must, it strengthens your main stalk and your branches (which are bud sites) so it can hold up its own bud weight in flower. What nutrients are you feeding them?

A

amstercal

mylar is more expensive than panda, at least whenever I've bought it. also, mylar is a pain to clean. Every time you spray anything in the room, it clouds up the mylar and you have to clean it. if you already have panda, it's good to use. it's only a couple of percent different in reflectivity, as is just plain flat white paint. so really whatever's easiest and cheapest for you.
plants don't smell too much in veg, mostly like tomatoes and earth or something. a few strains are a little more mj smelling in veg. mostly it depends on how you're running... will air be exiting the room, are you in close quarters with neighbors, etc.

devious d

devious d

i staple the black&white straight to the joists, floor as well unless you need to worry about flooding then use a pond liner, i have a veg cupboard similar to yours and dont have probs with odour just a rotating fan to clear the air, sounds like your on the ball anyway bro good luck,

dollardos

dollardos

the girls are doing fine are they ready to have clones taken from lower branches? i have leaves that are not getting light ive also started fox farms basic nute program
check them out tell me what you think... i can take it so dont hold back lol
thanks

IMG 0316
IMG 0318
IMG 0320
IMG 0321
dollardos

dollardos

one more thing the plant in front on the left looks like 2 should i split it in 1/2 make 2
it grew from a clone i always felt like it was 2 plants i was afraid to seperate them I didnt want damage roots

marski420

marski420

IMO you should probably just leave it alone now that its been transplanted bro.. I was wondering about that thing then read what you said lol

S

Sense I. Milla

I thought it was topped! Lol.

But otherwise looks like a good grow.

dollardos

dollardos

thanks so no clones yet?? I am kinda ready to have more plants without paying someone for clones

B

Bobby Smith

Some may disagree, but I would certainly take a clone off of the top of each one (with the added benefit of topping them and producing more cole ahhhs).

Of course, if you could wait a week (I'm guessing this will be your first time attempting to clone) your odds of success would go up fairly dramatically (larger clones can take more abuse).

Why not try three now, and save the other three for a couple of weeks? Lets you see if your technique is decent (because you don't wanna fuck up all six clones) before taking the other three.

Just my $.02

B

BHOaddict

haha i was gunna ask why you topped one plant as well but then i saw your next post. I like what bobby smith said as well. why not wait take three and wait on three. Might as well learn what you can from your own experience.

I dunno too much about strains but from the looks those plants leaves so far, you are probably gunna end up being on the indica end of things.

either way good luck on the grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom