First time grow | Honolulu, Hawaii *** Pic Heavy

• Thread starter mika_808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mika_808

mika_808

Organics is different from any other grow method. You do not feed in organics. The soil does that.
And pH means almost nothing in organic soil because the soil adjusts pH automatically.
Should I be doing things like molasses w/ my watering and teas to feed the microbes etc in the soil instead?
If you want organics, then check our grow diary here ---> SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer
sick taking a look now! Prob gonna order everything this weekend 🙏🏽

mika_808

mika_808

Organics is different from any other grow method. You do not feed in organics. The soil does that.
And pH means almost nothing in organic soil because the soil adjusts pH automatically.
Should I be doing things like molasses w/ my watering and teas to feed the microbes etc in the soil instead?
Most of us here do not like molasses added because all it's going to do is break down into a sugar that plant can not eat, but is great at attracting bugs.
In our thread, you can see what we use, its all listed with links.
I do have these amendments, do you think I could utilize these in my grow as top dressings?
D815B6E6 7716 4A4C A531 C70E0F615899
4FA5F196 119F 49FF 9451 4FCE909EBE25

They seem like a similar concept just slightly different NPK values?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I do have these amendments, do you think I could utilize these in my grow as top dressings? View attachment 1204033View attachment 1204034
You could use them instead of the Earth Dust we use.

P

Pike

Quit feeding um bro, there not even close to fillin in the pot. You were feeding a sprout in fresh soil, in a over sized pot, of course the plant is gonna burn. I’m actually surprised they didn’t burn worse then they did.

easy does it, phed Water and some beneficial if ya feel the need to give um something, won’t need fed till the plant is at least as big around as the pot.

P

Pike

I do have these amendments, do you think I could utilize these in my grow as top dressings? View attachment 1204033View attachment 1204034
A tablespoon of bone meal at the 6wk point on a 10wk finisher does the trick as far as top dressing for flower, buds pop.
you can use what ya have, sack of bone meal much cheaper and goes along way. Guano another choice but the bone meal still the better buy. And will not burn your plant.

mika_808

mika_808

A tablespoon of bone meal at the 6wk point on a 10wk finisher does the trick as far as amendments for flower, buds pop.
Really appreciate all the advice and knowledge you guys are dropping! 💯🤙🏽

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The bone meal can be mixed in from the start before you plant and then it's set and forget.
All you do at that point is water and enjoy the sweet smell of MJ growing in your home.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We will be moving to the mainland soon. We have some tents and other growing stuff that we are not taking with us. I wonder if anyone is interested. Local preferred, I'm not shipping it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You on Oahu?
Yes, we are in Aiea. We are supposed to leave here the last week of Feb. Our current grow ends a day or two before then. We will be pushing them right to the end.

mika_808

mika_808

Today was the 7th day since watering, girls were slightly droopy so I went ahead and gave them a thorough watering with Ph 6.6 and ppm 158.

Parameters are, 79 degrees F and 73% RH

New growth is looking promising no burns on the tips. Stems are red though, could the possibly just be genetics?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Stop pHing your water. the soil does it automatically and if you try to adjust it you will cause problems like the one you are seeing.
They should be a darker green.

P

Pike

Stop pHing your water. the soil does it automatically and if you try to adjust it you will cause problems like the one you are seeing.
His problem is he’s nuteing little tiny sprouts in fresh soil. The leaf is cooked, plant is freakin locked out.

i ph everything that hits my pots from fresh transplant to harvest in FFOF and never did it do that. You always ph your watering.

the buffers that are in fresh soil do not last a entire grow.

so Your saying if I water with tap water at a PH of 9, I won’t have any adverse effects?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

His problem is he’s nuteing little tiny sprouts in fresh soil. The leaf is cooked, plant is freakin locked out.

i ph everything that hits my pots from fresh transplant to harvest in FFOF and never did it do that. You always ph your watering.

so Your saying if I water with tap water at a PH of 9, I won’t have any adverse effects?
We never pH our water. And we don't feed either. Organics do all that for you. All we ever have to do is water, trim and train.

If your soil is 'living', then you never need to pH or feed the plant.

mika_808

mika_808

I fed it nutes once and that was weeks ago? Also I gave it the seedling dose as listed on bottle and the nutes I gave were basically liquid bat guano & earth worm casting? So why would I still be suffering effects from that which I did so long ago?

mika_808

mika_808

We never pH our water. And we don't feed either. Organics do all that for you. All we ever have to do is water, trim and train.

If your soil is 'living', then you never need to pH or feed the plant.
Is the soil in using truely a “living soil”? It says organic on the bag but what if it’s just a marketing scheme from the company? Bought it at city mill and was on sale? That’s what I’m using
72F1B903 8A90 4C97 B079 F5D59EA1147C

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Is the soil in using truely a “living soil”? It says organic on the bag but what if it’s just a marketing scheme from the company? Bought it at city mill and was on sale? That’s what I’m usingView attachment 1205471
No, that is not a living soil. It's not even a decent soil. Its a soil base to build living soil on.
You can get this locally, a place on Young St near Sand Island.
LUSH

Have you read our thread on no feed organics?
Click here:----> SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer

mika_808

mika_808

No, that is not a living soil. It's not even a decent soil. Its a soil base to build living soil on.
You can get this locally, a place on Young St near Sand Island.
LUSH

Have you read our thread on no feed organics?
Click here:----> SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer
So I’ll probably need to treat this as a non organic grow and feed with nutes? Maybe my next run I’ll use the soil you recommend 🙏🏽

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm not sure I fully agree with that. If your water is of an alkaline hard water source, the alkalinity of the water could over time, drive up soil pH. This is unlikely to happen during a typical 3-4 month run ... but it could. FFOF is buffered with oyster shell which is slow release. Sometimes too slow ... but hard water here might be of a benefit if it keeps a peat based soil mix from getting too acidic.

My municipal water source tests to between 8.9-9.0 regularly. I use RO which strips the minerals but for some reason leaves the pH high. Usually all it takes is Fish Sh!t/Recharge to drop pH to neutral or slightly below. I do have to use cal/mag regularly though.

Top Bottom