First time Grow. How are they doing?

• Thread starter DezmondG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DezmondG

DezmondG

Hey Everyone. Newbie here as well as my first time grow. Wanted to get some input on how things look and any advice as I move forward.
4x4 tent with 600w MH/HPS bulbs
Growing in organic soil. No nutes and boy using tap water that I let sit for 48 hours before use. Light are on 18/6 right now. I tried tipping a couple weeks ago and all looks good. Right now I am watering every other day but I think it will be turning into every day shortly. They are really sucking up the water right now. I don’t know how long I should let them veg for until I flip to 12/12? They are all Bubba Kush clones. I was going to wait till they were about half the height of allowable space in my tent. Thoughts, comments, advice?
Thanks all. Dezi

First time grow how are they doing
First time grow how are they doing 2
First time grow how are they doing 3
First time grow how are they doing 4
First time grow how are they doing 5
First time grow how are they doing 6
First time grow how are they doing 7
First time grow how are they doing 8
First time grow how are they doing 9
First time grow how are they doing 10
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What is the stretch on Bubba Kush? I've grown a number of crosses, but never BK itself.

Some of the crosses are stretchy, so if the stretch more than doubles the height, that's a little long. I mostly grow sativa doms, and vegging to half the maximum height you can handle is usually not a good idea, unless you're ready to get into some plant bondage.

It's easy to control height by pinching, training, bending stems, etc., though first time growers often don't realize how much you can "torture" plants before you really damage it and damage yield. If you have someone around who can guide you in that, you can grow them to half the height your tent will allow

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm I noticed that you have your pots on tent floor if you could raise them up about 10 cm creat a air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health. Drip trays you need pot risers in them to elevate them out of run off when you water .do not leave your plants sitting your run off .regards Od

DezmondG

DezmondG

Hi welcome to the farm I noticed that you have your pots on tent floor if you could raise them up about 10 cm creat a air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health. Drip trays you need pot risers in them to elevate them out of run off when you water .do not leave your plants sitting your run off .regards Od
Will do :)

DezmondG

DezmondG

Well just ordered some pot risers today as no one around here has anything like them at all. Not even steps or anything. So should have them I hope by Friday along with some PH down and calmag for the incase I need it. Will post some
More pics on Friday as well :) learning a lot and having fun.

DezmondG

DezmondG

Small check in. They all seem to be doing ok. Really thirsty though. Giving them about 2 litres a day each plant. I check every morning and the soil is dry. They are in 4 gallon pots and at roughly 40 days in. Comments, advice, suggestions always welcome :).

8DFA4C0A 6476 4114 8483 2A3B9D1FDB8F
4963302A 6B57 4DA1 A55B DE417954EE4E
C615AF95 17C4 483F 8343 AFCBD5E7C3B0
94F246C3 C23E 46E3 8A58 E169F06E7A8D
DezmondG

DezmondG

Well things are going pretty good. Potted up and got some stands. They are growing fast so I plan to switch to 12-12 tonight :)

E848AE8C D2B0 4211 BC8D 35CEFDAD10F1
A5C837ED BFA7 4815 83D8 C99831306001
DezmondG

DezmondG

Wow do they really like to grow :) under 600w HPS bulb and doing ok. I did notice Powder Mildew on one plant so I picked up some Cyclone today and gave them all a really good spray.
They are brushing out nice. I plan to defoliate in about 15 days or so just to have some more room. I have 4 plants in this 4’x4’ tent and I wouldn’t dare want to add any more :).

F48C2342 579F 4FBC 9534 304A7E355488
8D724C86 B35D 4C55 A4B4 839C001255AD
5C1AC2E3 702B 4912 8CC4 6CF658A42986
DA8B607B E02A 4AAC 9A0D B8196FE87A8D
459C9C35 659E 4BE0 BAA5 64E4457A65AC
mancorn

mancorn

DezmondG, have you used the Cyclone before? If so, did it work well? I'm in the States and don't see that it's available here, but would be interested in sourcing similar ingredients if it's effective. I've seen the milk suggestion for PW, but never got the connection with whey. (Was just reading this article after reading your post )

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes I use milk for PM you spray in lights out mode the PM feeds up on the bacteria in the milk and seems to fill up n start to back off I use 2 to 3 sprays a run if I get it touch wood I won’t see it again . Od .

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Which bubba cut my friend? I have extensive experience with the pre98 and katsu cuts. Still one of my all time favorites out of 40+ elites that have gone through my tents!

Cheers!!!

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
What is the stretch on Bubba Kush? I've grown a number of crosses, but never BK itself.

Some of the crosses are stretchy, so if the stretch more than doubles the height, that's a little long. I mostly grow sativa doms, and vegging to half the maximum height you can handle is usually not a good idea, unless you're ready to get into some plant bondage.

It's easy to control height by pinching, training, bending stems, etc., though first time growers often don't realize how much you can "torture" plants before you really damage it and damage yield. If you have someone around who can guide you in that, you can grow them to half the height your tent will allow

A true bubba kush cut might double after the flip, tops. It's the veg time that kills you lol But she's always worth the wait 👍

DezmondG

DezmondG

DezmondG, have you used the Cyclone before? If so, did it work well? I'm in the States and don't see that it's available here, but would be interested in sourcing similar ingredients if it's effective. I've seen the milk suggestion for PW, but never got the connection with whey. (Was just reading this article after reading your post )
I have not no. But we have a shop close by and the people there are amazing and have a ton of knowledge. I did check some reviews as well and they say the cyclone works good. Spray on at least 5 hours before lights out. Fingers crossed this works :). I could try the milk as well if this fails.

DezmondG

DezmondG

Which bubba cut my friend? I have extensive experience with the pre98 and katsu cuts. Still one of my all time favorites out of 40+ elites that have gone through my tents!

Cheers!!!
I’m not sure. Sorry :(. This is my first time growing and they are clones from a friends friend. All I know is they are Bubba Kush. They sure do get big fast. I want to try some other strains indoors but not sure yet what ones.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
I’m not sure. Sorry :(. This is my first time growing and they are clones from a friends friend. All I know is they are Bubba Kush. They sure do get big fast. I want to try some other strains indoors but not sure yet what ones.

Bubba grows like a snail on heroin....maybe a hybrid or S1 🤔 They're gorgeous man, great work!!!

DezmondG

DezmondG

Bubba grows like a snail on heroin....maybe a hybrid or S1 🤔 They're gorgeous man, great work!!!
Thanks. I was a little worried that they were not doing so good. I treated for the PM and I also picked up some bloom nutes to start to add lightly when I feed. I was watering too often but have started to learn what to watch and feel for. Fingers crossed over the next few days they will perk back up :). I can’t wait to see buds starting. Should I do some defoliation any time or leave them alone?
Again many thanks.

DezmondG

DezmondG

Well it is such a nice day out and I really wanted to see how my 4 plants are doing. I decided to take them outside and do a quick trim and a second treatment of cyclone. It’s sooooo hard to tell the colours under HPS so that is the reason I took them out. Also for a photo shoot to show them off to guys :). I think they are doing pretty good. I did take off any older or damaged leaves. This is day 9 in flower at 12/12.
Let me know what you all think :). Thanks for stopping by.
Dezi

FB94DC6C 3AE4 471C B941 AF448D323A63
10A59447 48C4 4BF2 A7AD 229997FC58D0
522B34BD 15C6 47FB 8AB6 F4D657D3A5E9
7052B19D E825 45AC A48F B98938A9D2D0
0107A328 229C 446E AAD4 E01080B742F5
188C5C63 A58C 4EAD 99FC 6045FD063D84
1EDB69CB D0C4 41BF 9A88 7DB9764167C5
C5AD6C44 1C90 49FC 9ED9 44C42CF58731
488CC406 6F0A 4464 A39F F01FF6695D6C
97CCF4DC 18F9 4750 9811 87AF3C0948D7
DezmondG

DezmondG

It’s weird but the last one of the 4 plants is totally different. Not nearly as bushy and taller. I was told these are all Bubba Kush but maybe the guy mixed them up?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Well it is such a nice day out and I really wanted to see how my 4 plants are doing. I decided to take them outside and do a quick trim and a second treatment of cyclone. It’s sooooo hard to tell the colours under HPS so that is the reason I took them out. Also for a photo shoot to show them off to guys :). I think they are doing pretty good. I did take off any older or damaged leaves. This is day 9 in flower at 12/12.
Let me know what you all think :). Thanks for stopping by.
Dezi
Looking good thus far. It has been said to never take your indoor plants outside. That is a recipe for pests. Be on the look out for pest when you bring them back inside. I’d spray if I were you. I did this in my grow for only an hour and brought a russet mite issue back into my tent. It took me lots of different preventives to nap the pest issue. Be careful and be on the lookout now. Happy grows.
Burnz

DezmondG

DezmondG

Looking good thus far. It has been said to never take your indoor plants outside. That is a recipe for pests. Be on the look out for pest when you bring them back inside. I’d spray if I were you. I did this in my grow for only an hour and brought a russet mite issue back into my tent. It took me lots of different preventives to nap the pest issue. Be careful and be on the lookout now. Happy grows.
Burnz
Will do. Ya I heard that it’s not good to take them outside. First grow, I will learn from my mistakes. I am going to build my own lights for my second round and do a couple different style grows I. Separate 2x2 rooms that I want to build :).
BTW, @BurnzYzBudZz is there a preventative concoction I can make up or use to spray to keep the bugs away?
Thanks,
Dezi

Top Bottom