first time grow need help please

• Thread starter chloseph420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chloseph420

chloseph420

Its my first time growing and everything seemed to be going well for a while. Yesterday i found some spots on some of the leaves and i cant figure out what is wrong. Id like to get some suggestions before i try anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

First time grow need help please
First time grow need help please 2
First time grow need help please 3
First time grow need help please 4
First time grow need help please 5
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

We are definitely gonna need more info. Can you tell us all the details about your grow you can? Water source? Ph of medium and water? Nutes? Temp? Humidity? Strain?

chloseph420

chloseph420

Im growing indoors in a 2x2 tent. I"ve been using purified water with fox farms nutrients added to it. I also am using the fox farms soil. Temp is 70 and humidity is 40. I have a small heater coming to raise the temp up but it wont be here until tomorrow. I do not have a ph tester yet either i"m going to try and get one today. The strain is chem dd.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Ok go get the ph tester and head back here. Without that info you could end up locking out vital nutrients. The right ph using liquid nutes is critical. Also how old are they and what kind of light.

chloseph420

chloseph420

The plants are 8 or 9 weeks old and im using a spider farmer sf1000 led light. They are on a 18-6 light schedule as well. Ill get back to you later today with the ph level i"m heading to the store now.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

When you water your plants collect water from run off and place in separate containers for testing for each plant. Test and if the water is different from what you put in and not in the correct range for nutrient uptake. Here’s an example.
If you water your plants and the water going in is 6.5 but the water coming out is 7.0 then water with a ph of 6 for a couple of waterings until run off is the correct range.
another.
If water going in is 6.5 and water coming out is 5 then water with a ph of 7 a couple of waterings until run off is in correct range. Really adding a ph soil tester from blue labs will help avoiding ph fluctuations.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

8-9 weeks old? something is definitely wrong, your issue is calmag deficiency.. though she should be way bigger, 3 fingered leaves are a sign of bad stress. what else has been going on?
I didn’t snap to that!! For sure those plants should be much bigger for that time frame.

kyLman

kyLman

I could be wrong, but I think a slurry test is a better representation of soil PH. I believe its because the soil has timed release of certain things (i thinks micronutes?) and it'll effect the runoff PH. My runoff PH is always wonky, but slurry test has been consistent recently. YMMV

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Shouldn’t the FF soil have enough nutes to sustain plants that small? I think you may be burning them and I agree with that age they should be much bigger.

chloseph420

chloseph420

So i did a ph test and got a 5 which i know is bad. What is a good way to raise the ph? The reason the plants are small and stressed i guess is because i started them in my bathroom closet and only had a 25 dollar junk light. I couldn't use it on a timer because the timer couldn't turn the light on you would have to actually press the button on the light for it to turn on, SO for the first little while the light schedule was a little messed up. I then put them on a 24 hours of light schedule to make things easier. I just got my whole tent set up on wed so now hopefully things will go alot smoother.

kyLman

kyLman

So i did a ph test and got a 5 which i know is bad. What is a good way to raise the ph? The reason the plants are small and stressed i guess is because i started them in my bathroom closet and only had a 25 dollar junk light. I couldn't use it on a timer because the timer couldn't turn the light on you would have to actually press the button on the light for it to turn on, SO for the first little while the light schedule was a little messed up. I then put them on a 24 hours of light schedule to make things easier. I just got my whole tent set up on wed so now hopefully things will go alot smoother.
I would consider doing a slurry test just to confirm your soil's PH - before you go making adjustments. I just did this earlier this week, here is showing you difference between quality PH pen and... not.

I would do a watering at 6.8 until a healthy runoff. If you havent been overwatering, it can handle a little extra to set the soil right. I think you will notice difference in a couple of days.
IMG 4267
IMG 4268

chloseph420

chloseph420

Thanks for helping. I'll order one of those ph pens. I did the slurry and got a 5. I also ordered the ph up and down kit so I can adjust the water. should be here for Monday.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Being in Fox Farms nutes are in that. Being ready to Farm is essential, good lesson learned.

shortcake1501

shortcake1501

Ok go get the ph tester and head back here. Without that info you could end up locking out vital nutrients. The right ph using liquid nutes is critical. Also how old are they and what kind of light.
Hello, I would like to know which ph tester is recommended.

Top Bottom