First Time Grow - Northern Lights Auto. How much longer do y'all think before cutting?

• Thread starter J4417
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J4417

J4417

Hi friends!

I'm completely new to this, but I'm pretty proud of this first grow. I've been following a nutrient general hydroponic plan since the start with bush doctor coco-loco potting mix. LST to keep them low so the lights wouldn't burn them.

Started watering with only PH water about a week ago.

I have no idea when the best time is to cut these babies. Feedback welcome please!

Best,
KJ

IMG 0624
IMG 0625
Photo on 2 8 20 at 313 PM
Unnamed
Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

I am growing in the same medium with the same nutes. I just harvested today. I like to have a heady high with very little cbd so I start watering with ph'd water and blackstrap molasses the same day I see my first Amber trichomes. The next day I water with the same mix but shut the lights off for good. The third day I water with just ph'd water and a few hours later I chop them. Looks like you should be expecting Amber trichomes any day now. I wouldn't stop nutes until you're only a few days away from harvest but that's a debate for another day. Hope you can make use of this. Looks like a good grow.

Munch517

Munch517

It looks like you have a while to go still, how long have you had them in flower? I still see some completely clear trichomes and no ambers, you probably want to harvest at 10%+ amber, some go for a higher percentage than that.

J4417

J4417

It looks like you have a while to go still, how long have you had them in flower? I still see some completely clear trichomes and no ambers, you probably want to harvest at 10%+ amber, some go for a higher percentage than that.

They've been in flower for about a month now. Thanks for the feedback! I knew I was early in my estimation, but I wanted to make sure. I'll get her back on nutes. She didn't react too badly to flushing for a few days.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Next time take pics outside the tent but from what i can see you need more time i grew it once but dont like it, not to say it's bad just not for me, you did a great job on your first try.but your trihcome are still clear, i only grew it once i think i snapped a pic, yea you need to wait till that trichome turns milky with some good amber as i recall my nl and my boy grew the rest bc i gave him the beans took awhile like 80 days +.give it awhile.

20180826 063002
Munch517

Munch517

They've been in flower for about a month now. Thanks for the feedback! I knew I was early in my estimation, but I wanted to make sure. I'll get her back on nutes. She didn't react too badly to flushing for a few days.

Ah, ok. I'd figure on 8-10 week total flower cycle, some strains go even longer. I don't bother to flush for more than a week/ the 2-3 final waterings. I'm not sure flushing is even that worthwhile except maybe for one final watering to get clean water coursing through the plant. Anecdotally most growers swear by flushing but plant biologists and other experts seem to laugh at the idea and call it "stoner science." I'll err on the side of flushing for now but I'm not doing it 2 weeks like so many suggest.

When you start seeing those amber trichomes, yellowing fan leaves and flopping braches you'll know it's time to hack them down.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Just finished some about a month ago definitely wasn’t the northern lights I remembered! Prolly my skills, anyhow it went 90 days and may be could of went more I think they were freebies from seedsman

Latest posts

Top Bottom