First time grow, unsure of the status

• Thread starter wolfpawz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wolfpawz

Hi, planted these back in mid July, they never got enough light at the start so they grew very small.

They have been budding for a bit, I can't remember the exact date , not sure, it could be 6 or 7 weeks. Maybe less.

Some have orange hair curling back in. But it's difficult to say how long left.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

First time grow unsure of the status
First time grow unsure of the status 2
First time grow unsure of the status 3
First time grow unsure of the status 4
K

Kamisama

I dont see any pistils. Check trichomes with a magnifier 60x-100x. Should be white milky.
Also, reduce the nutes u use, it has burned tips.

W

wolfpawz

I dont see any pistils. Check trichomes with a magnifier 60x-100x. Should be white milky.
Also, reduce the nutes u use, it has burned tips.
I think it's my phone, crap camera the plant does have pistols, it's like 50/50 orange and white.

Yeah Ive switched to just water now. Ive ordered a jewelers loupe so hopefully be able to see a bit better. Although maybe it won't be powerful enough at 30x.

Thanks

A

alpha.ganjaguy

you don't want to do only water or you will starve the plant of much needed nutrients during it's final bulk up, just dial them back from what you were feeding by 10-25%

as far as how long, your plant is not showing pistils in your pictures (well some but very few), it's not that uncommon but it means you will need to check your trichs.

on a side note I have read plants without pistils are sometimes more potent

W

wolfpawz

you don't want to do only water or you will starve the plant of much needed nutrients during it's final bulk up, just dial them back from what you were feeding by 10-25%

as far as how long, your plant is not showing pistils in your pictures (well some but very few), it's not that uncommon but it means you will need to check your trichs.

on a side note I have read plants without pistils are sometimes more potent
This is from the smallest plant. They are all very small due to not getting enough light at the veg stage. So not sure if the buds will get any bigger. I think it's been 6 or 7 weeks since the the first pistals appeared

IMG20231006014023
IMG20231006014010
IMG20231006013947
IMG20231006013932
IMG20231006013923
A

alpha.ganjaguy

so as far as checking without scoping trichs, I'd say you are right there, some of those hairs can still use a little time but that I would leave to your preference

basically that was what I was looking for, are those pistils changed color and receding back as the buds swell around. aside from checking trichs it the best way to visually tell if your plant is ready.

Top Bottom