First time grow with Hempy and foxfarms

• Thread starter GlazedGamer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GlazedGamer

GlazedGamer

This will be my first grow and I decided to use the hempy bucket method. I am using fox farm trio and I was was told to cut the recommendations for the feedings in half or even more. Is this right? Also how often should I feed? The fox farm hydro schedule is once a week but with hempy I want sure if it was different? I'm also wondering if for the first 2 to 3 weeks if calmag would be enough? I know my water ph should be at 5.8ph. I am worried about missing something. Anything else I should know? Thank you so much!

First time grow with hempy and foxfarms
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This will be my first grow and I decided to use the hempy bucket method. I am using fox farm trio and I was was told to cut the recommendations for the feedings in half or even more. Is this right? Also how often should I feed? The fox farm hydro schedule is once a week but with hempy I want sure if it was different? I'm also wondering if for the first 2 to 3 weeks if calmag would be enough? I know my water ph should be at 5.8ph. I am worried about missing something. Anything else I should know? Thank you so much!
Never grown with hempys. Do you have a ppm meter and yes 1/4 for young plants and 1/2 once they get bigger is reasonable. Most nutrient recommendations by manufacturers will burn the crap out of them.

GlazedGamer

GlazedGamer

Never grown with hempys. Do you have a ppm meter and yes 1/4 for young plants and 1/2 once they get bigger is reasonable. Most nutrient recommendations by manufacturers will burn the crap out of them.
Yes I have a ppm meter. I've still trying to learn about that. I am actually going to test my tap water tonight.

m8ty

m8ty

My ppm pen says my water is at 225ppms. Is that normal?
Is that well water or city water? At 225 who knows what's in that water, you better getting filter water from the water machine at 35 cents per gallon or buy an RO filter you can use to filter the salts out of the tap water. To grow hempy's and using perlite as the medium, I was watering when the buckets got light which is usually once a week when the plants are young and every 3 days when they get bigger, some people recommend watering twice a day but I wait until the plants drink the water that acomulates at the bottom of the bucket. I actually ended up using perlite in regular potting pots and watering when the pots got light Every 3 days and worked very well. I kept The PPM around 600 ppm the trick is to feed, water, feed, etc. And try not to feed more than 1000 ppm a month you can do that by diluting your solution every time you water, and when the plants are young you need to water them more frequently until the roots get to the bottom of the bucket where the reservoir of water sits. You got your pH/ppm meter on point?

Last edited:
BadBud3

BadBud3

I love Hempy grows. Hempy = simple to me. I use coco and 25 to 30% pearlite as my medium. I feed only Floranova Bloom the entire run and supplement with Calimagic as needed. no ph/ppm meter used (although I have them...I did use them to see my well water ph once). I feed most every day, sometimes I only water if the girls are looking stressed.
IMG 0105
IMG 0105
IMG 0138
IMG 0159
IMG 0160
IMG 0161
IMG 0162
IMG 0163
IMG 0164

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

225ppm I would probably cut it 50/50 with RO but thats only because I don't know the makeup of it.

GlazedGamer

GlazedGamer

Is that well water or city water? At 225 who knows what's in that water, you better getting filter water from the water machine at 35 cents per gallon or buy an RO filter you can use to filter the salts out of the tap water. To grow hempy's and using perlite as the medium, I was watering when the buckets got light which is usually once a week when the plants are young and every 3 days when they get bigger, some people recommend watering twice a day but I wait until the plants drink the water that acomulates at the bottom of the bucket. I actually ended up using perlite in regular potting pots and watering when the pots got light Every 3 days and worked very well. I kept The PPM around 600 ppm the trick is to feed, water, feed, etc. And try not to feed more than 1000 ppm a month you can do that by diluting your solution every time you water, and when the plants are young you need to water them more frequently until the roots get to the bottom of the bucket where the reservoir of water sits. You got your pH/ppm meter on point?
City water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom