first time grow with l.e.d. need advice please

• Thread starter notorious646
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

notorious646

this is my first grow and I'm new to the site. i have a spectra 500 led my closet grow space is a 4x4x8 but actual usable space is 4x4x5'8" the walls door and floor have mylar. the only inflow i have is under the door which is 1/2"x30" my problem is i don't know if the light is too strong and more so what is the right way to vent out the hot air? i was under the impression that l.e.d. lights did not throw off much heat.

but my home is usually about 68* degrees and 45-55% humidity but the grow closet after the door being closed for a hour goes up to on average 100*-108* and the humidity as low as 16%

so is a in-line fan the way to fix it if so what are good choices? cost and noise level are big for me. and how is the correct way to set it up Ive seen you tube videos that show the motor in the room and some with it above the ceiling.
all advice is really appreciated

thanks,

P

PatFenis

that's one of the issues with spectra, they drive to much power into the diodes causing lots of heat by product. what you want to do is create a negative air enviornment meaning more air going out than in. I would suggest running around a 265cfm fan scrubbing with a charcoal filter and vent into the attic or something,mount the filter up high in one of the back corners. should do the trick, if not you are gonna need an intake fan also.

N

notorious646

so for now i was informed to use a 4' T8 with daylight 6500k light until i hook up a exhaust in line fan and my clones get to at least 8", so far its doing so much better no burning at all growing nice and a great 72* and 55% humidity. so does anyone have advice as to what brand in line fan is good? i want as cheap as possible but a decent product. power draw and noise reduction is important to me. and carbon filter or not? as I'm going to vent it threw the roof and out the whirly bird.

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

check my set up, similar size and i never get passed 78 degrees

cootube.png

ill be posting more pics on my grow asap

Top Bottom