First time grow.

• Thread starter PapaDave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PapaDave

PapaDave

This is my first attempt at growing. I got a couple seedlings and planted in my back yard with some amendments to the soils. Their doing well so far, but one seems to have taken a break, the other blasting off. Identical feeding etc at this point. Just gave them a dose of Great White and Fox Farms Grow Big.

First time grow
First time grow 2
PapaDave

PapaDave

My B plant is doing quite well. Gave another feeding with Fox Farms Grow Big. I tried to do a fiming, but didn't work as I thought. Was wondering at what point I would then Top
IMG 1364

Madbud

Madbud

Probably need to spray some neem oil for whatever is eating those fans. The other could be just sun shock, did you harden them off or were they started outdoors?

PapaDave

PapaDave

Probably need to spray some neem oil for whatever is eating those fans. The other could be just sun shock, did you harden them off or were they started outdoors?
They were started outdoors. Yes, I got some Neem Oil and sprayed a couple time. I found a Grasshopper, got rid of him, now i have a praying mantis watching over the bud.

PapaDave

PapaDave

I don't think so, but maybe. I've been using a meter and testing the surrounding soil every day. I was told to let the soil almost dry before watering again, to let the roots breath. IDK "first time grower" lol
Thirsty?
[/QUOTE

PapaDave

PapaDave

If you have good drainage, no puddles after a rainstorm, its hard to overwater.
When I planted transplanted them, I used the following amendments- Pumice, Perlite, Redwood shavings, and a small amount of organic fertilizer. I think the soil in that area holds moisture, but not wet. I've only given them 3 qts of water since Wednesday and the meter still shows moist 8 inches from base, closer in is dryer. I guess I'll give them more water

Madbud

Madbud

When I planted transplanted them, I used the following amendments- Pumice, Perlite, Redwood shavings, and a small amount of organic fertilizer. I think the soil in that area holds moisture, but not wet. I've only given them 3 qts of water since Wednesday and the meter still shows moist 8 inches from base, closer in is dryer. I guess I'll give them more water
I like a little wood ash too, as a buffer and adds minerals, but can raise pH.

Madbud

Madbud

Just out of curiosity, as I'm new here, does everyone see all my replies ? As an example, did you see the video i posted just a few minutes ago?
Yeah but you get more replies as “dumblondgal”. They look ok, just don’t know anything about your soil, looks dry and sandy which calls for vermiculite to hold water not perlite.

PapaDave

PapaDave

My best lady is getting to the point where I don't want her to get much taller. Can I top it off now?? Suggestions welcome
59B5AB47 FCEE 4EE8 BFD5 60FB548D1701 1 201 a

Madbud

Madbud

My best lady is getting to the point where I don't want her to get much taller. Can I top it off now?? Suggestions welcomeView attachment 984317
Thats a tough call. Its probably your last opportunity before it starts to flower. I bend mine over when they get too tall, but if you take the top now she will probably bush out more. Are the leaves still growing in pairs or alternating?

PapaDave

PapaDave

Thanks for checking out my situation! As a real newbie, your asking if the leaves are growing in pairs or alternating?..I think I know what you mean, and have a picture..these I assume are in pairs. Also, I thought you had to bend them when their still very small to train them, and one this big be bent over,,,,sorry for the pun
172943E7 EDEF 4F33 8F32 D33A73ED14E9 1 201 a

Top Bottom