First time grow

• Thread starter jamk911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jamk911

jamk911

my plants usually get about 4 to 6 hours of natural summer sun and then 13 to 15 of grow light.. anyways I feel like they are doing well the stalks thickening real nice.. and alot of healthy looking leaves (had an overwatering, over nuting hiccup on the first plant) but otherwise look well.
Anyways I live pretty far in country and as this is fun and i enjoy it.. i have a family and kids and my wife refuses to let it be a priority for me .
With that being said the closest hydro store is about a 40 min drive away and I am going there finally tommorow. I was wondering.. within reason what are some things I should get for these plants to get them from here to harvest. My list soo far is;

2 cu ft bag of fox farm ocean forest
1 bag of perlite to aerate the ffof
2 5G smart pots ( should I get 7 instead or is 5 enough? I heard 5 gal is not really 5gal when it comes to pots)
Some sort of ties to tie new growth out from under fan leaves
1 ph/water tester

Any suggestions would be nice.. do I need veg growth nutes with ffof ? Thus far has been seedling mix with some overpowered storebrand nutes .. is there a specific nute I should look for thats relatively cheap for flowering?
5 or 7 gal pots at this juncture.. and would 2 cu ft be enough dirt?
Any recommended ties for LST the branches
Any recommendations for what to get as a means of catching runoff.
Anything else overall.

Thank you soo much for the time and lengthy read. Sorry its just where this store is I may very well not be able to get to it again before flowering so I want everything now. I am trying to stay under $150 for the stuff as well as its only 2 plants rn.. a little over for something reusable is fine though.
Thank you
First time grow

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
where you growing them? a tent?
7 gallon fabric bags.
no need to pay for ties to tie branches, if need to use bread ties, there’s something around the house for that.
5 gallon pail to let water sit for more than 24 hrs between feedings.
some sort of saucer? big enough for bag and a little extra, to put bags on, though i use golf balls to keep bags off saucer and for air flow and to spin
bag around.

jamk911

jamk911

where you growing them? a tent?
7 gallon fabric bags.
no need to pay for ties to tie branches, if need to use bread ties, there’s something around the house for that.
5 gallon pail to let water sit for more than 24 hrs between feedings.
some sort of saucer? big enough for bag and a little extra, to put bags on, though i use golf balls to keep bags off saucer and for air flow and to spin
bag around.
These were the 3 things I was looking at honestly the bags are fine? I know some people in that dumbass rollitup sight were like flaming me saying YOU GT HAVE AIR POTS OR YOUR PLANT WILL BE A SHRIVELED BABY .. lol .. because I got 2 5 gallon buckets I was going to use

Screenshot 20200711 212517 Chrome
Screenshot 20200711 212840 Chrome
Screenshot 20200711 212946 Chrome
jamk911

jamk911

and I have been using bottled water lol.. my girlfriend buys tons of water and never drinks em so Im like w.e. imma use em for plants then loll.. but thank you for that one because it is true as they get into a bigger pot thats going to be expensive .

And I am growing in my closet.. we didnt have anything in it soo I decided to turn it into this project lol.
It has about 12 feet overhead space but only maybe .. 4 feet width.. so I am ok with height before width

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
a closet, that will be tough, probably someone on here who is doing it and can help better.
do your best to find out the temperature and humidity in there because you will need fans maybe humidifier or dehumidifier, a way to bring in fresh air and when it’s dark time it needs to be dark! no light!..

jamk911

jamk911

Yeah its actually great.. its our bedroom closet.. w sliding doors.. right now got a shorter fan in there for circulation..but if it feels too hot in there i just crank up the ac fully open that sliding door a couple mins and air it out haha.. the walls in it are all white soo good light reflection and the doors keep it dark well when fully closed at bedtime for em.. also got another taller fan for when theyre bigger. But its upstairs in our house soo it gets humid very easily. Especially with bathroom next to it.. was going to use basement but i liked the closets condition control better. My wife would never go for me getting a grow tent soo this works ig..

20200712 194719
20200712 194700
20200712 194957
Top Bottom