First Time Grow

• Thread starter Sashimi1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sashimi1

Hello , I'm germinating 4 Northern lights AF Fem. My plan is to grow 2/3 weeks in makeshift grow box with two daylight LED 75w Creed. Using Basecamp potting soil. PH balanced water , no nutrients.

Because I travel quite a bit I am going to transfer outside in Massachusetts in my yard. 3 gallon fabric pots for rest of grow.

Guy I bought my soil from said I should get liquid bone meal and liquid Kool bloom. He said saturate soil before transferring with 1tsp per gallon because bAsecamp has no animal matter, although bag says it does. Does this sound right?

Liquid Kool bloom for flowering. Being it's an AF Does this step happen as soon as you see flowers start to form?

Also what about N? Been reading so much now I'm confused.

Really want something that needs minimal attention (every 2 to 3 days) as I travel for Work.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Bannacis

Bannacis

OK, I'm not familiar with Basecamp soil mix, but I read up on it.
It has fish meal and crab meal... that's as close to animal it gets. I think he may have been thinking like steer manure or cow bone meal. So I would say all ok.
Thing with Autos is that you want to put them in their finish pot as soon as possible. The less you disturb it the better end results.
Depending on when the breeders state that it starts to flower, about a week before... your can add the flower nutrient along with veg nutrient.
"N" ( Nitrogen) is very important during the Veg stage, and a week or so into flower.
Always follow these rules..
.Less is more...
Keep it simple...
Be patient...
If its working, don't fix it.
Having fabric pots will allow the water to evaporate more, meaning you need to water more. Especially outside if it's a hot climate in your area. If your gone 3 days or such at a time, You may come back to a dead plant. A decent pump on a timer set in a small reservoir would fix that. And just plain ph'd water.
As for the reading and getting confused... that is easy to happen considering the many different styles out there.
Find a couple grow books that cover the basics and compare. If your reading everything online you could be getting false info your not aware of. There will be different opinions on what works for them, but not might work for you.
But the basic info botany on Seeds, vegging and flowering should all be the same. Many using what's available to them and others purchasing the top of the line.
Don't be talked into purchasing specific equipment or nutrients because the Hydro guy says so... He's there to get your money. Unless you know someone and trust them. Be cautious.
You can get most of the nutrients you need from Home Depot, Lowes, local nursery. try to use dry nutrients, cause too much liquid nutes can cause an imbalance and mess you up. with numbers like 5-3-5 for veg and 3-8-5 for flower ...NPK.
the numbers will vary but keep em low.
Good luck...

S

Sashimi1

OK, I'm not familiar with Basecamp soil mix, but I read up on it.
It has fish meal and crab meal... that's as close to animal it gets. I think he may have been thinking like steer manure or cow bone meal. So I would say all ok.
Thing with Autos is that you want to put them in their finish pot as soon as possible. The less you disturb it the better end results.
Depending on when the breeders state that it starts to flower, about a week before... your can add the flower nutrient along with veg nutrient.
"N" ( Nitrogen) is very important during the Veg stage, and a week or so into flower.
Always follow these rules..
.Less is more...
Keep it simple...
Be patient...
If its working, don't fix it.
Having fabric pots will allow the water to evaporate more, meaning you need to water more. Especially outside if it's a hot climate in your area. If your gone 3 days or such at a time, You may come back to a dead plant. A decent pump on a timer set in a small reservoir would fix that. And just plain ph'd water.
As for the reading and getting confused... that is easy to happen considering the many different styles out there.
Find a couple grow books that cover the basics and compare. If your reading everything online you could be getting false info your not aware of. There will be different opinions on what works for them, but not might work for you.
But the basic info botany on Seeds, vegging and flowering should all be the same. Many using what's available to them and others purchasing the top of the line.
Don't be talked into purchasing specific equipment or nutrients because the Hydro guy says so... He's there to get your money. Unless you know someone and trust them. Be cautious.
You can get most of the nutrients you need from Home Depot, Lowes, local nursery. try to use dry nutrients, cause too much liquid nutes can cause an imbalance and mess you up. with numbers like 5-3-5 for veg and 3-8-5 for flower ...NPK.
the numbers will vary but keep em low.
Good luck...
This is great advice and so far all 4 seeds i planted have sprouted and look good. Still have under 2 75w led

Top Bottom