First time grower- auto flower-coco loco

• Thread starter Maximus420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Maximus420

So I’m new into growing just looking for advice you wish you knew earlier. Could be anything. I’ve been reading and watching videos, educating myself with almost all my free time. Wondering if anybody has a setup similar to mine or has any input for me to avoid a costly and timely mistake that might be unforeseen with growing autoflower

So I have a 2x4 grow tent
1200w cheap grow light
The whole setup hygrometer
Dehumidifier,humidifier ventilation, ph up and down, soil tester, ph test for water,
Seeds-
7 cream Carmel autoflower
1 lsd autoflower
1 top gun autoflower

All autoflower
There all 60-70 days seed to harvest

I currently have 9- 3gallon pot filled with fox farm coco loco and perlite 70-30 mix. In the tent. I know it’s going to be cramped but i wanted to plant all the seeds now because im kinda in a time crunch. I’m not really worried about maximizing yields or the highest quality I’ll be happy. Just don’t want any deficiencies or diseases or mold I’ll experience some progress. Ill probably only grow 5-6 in this tent in the future. And double up on the cheap lighting and depending how this goes make changes as needed

I have my mix, I have not added any nutes(dry amendment’s) because the ff should have plenty for a couple weeks. I’m wondering if should add any any cal mag at a very low percentage. Starting week 2, that way I don’t have any deficiencies or burn. Keep it healthy happy and nourished. I’ll keep y’all updated but just really kinda worried about the cal mag deficiencies. Any advice on the foxfarm coco loco and calmag deficiencies or nutrition would really help

I’ve planted the seeds 3-1/2 days ago Been watering with well water ph to 6.2. Rh at 60% temp at 75. And there all popping up now. Been watering while it’s barely barely wet.I’m excited! But I’m being patient just gonna let them do what they need to do and give them what they need. I know with the autos it’s important to keep them healthy and as happy as possible for their short life cycle to have the best grow possible as any other plant right so I’m trying to have a plan for any preventative measures to aid them as much as possible
Monitoring environment and and really taking the precautions

Ps I know it’s been talked about a lot but I feel like every circumstance and person is different. I try to be very detailed for everybody to understand and help explain to me

But hey any tips,advice given, insight would be very helpful. I’m really excited hoping to have a good grow and have the experience to harvest.
So thanks everyone

First time grower  auto flower coco loco
First time grower  auto flower coco loco 2
First time grower  auto flower coco loco 3
M

Maximus420

You’re going to run out of room very quick with that many plants.
Yeah I know I didn’t want to plant them all, especially since it is my first grow! but really don’t want to do more runs in the location. But I figure they are all fast flowering seeds With some low stress training and proper defoliation and lollipoping…

What’s the worst that can happen if it becomes to packed?

If I have to in the flowering stage I could relocate to a closet or maybe just buy the 5x5

E

elusiveshame

Yeah I know I didn’t want to plant them all, especially since it is my first grow! but really don’t want to do more runs in the location. But I figure they are all fast flowering seeds With some low stress training and proper defoliation and lollipoping…

What’s the worst that can happen if it becomes to packed?

If I have to in the flowering stage I could relocate to a closet or maybe just buy the 5x5

I’m in my first grow as well, but from what I gather, you’ll have major issues reaching the back plants properly once they reach a certain size, and if you’re netting, you won’t be able to move the plants around to reach the back ones.

They’ll also be fighting for space and growing over each other, so they won’t grow as big as they could.

If you could, I would def split them up.

Also, seeds should be sown in smaller pots first to develop a stronger root system.

M

Maximus420

I’m in my first grow as well, but from what I gather, you’ll have major issues reaching the back plants properly once they reach a certain size, and if you’re netting, you won’t be able to move the plants around to reach the back ones.

They’ll also be fighting for space and growing over each other, so they won’t grow as big as they could.

If you could, I would def split them up.

Also, seeds should be sown in smaller pots first to develop a stronger root system.
I understand, that makes sense. from what I’ve read and seen it supposed to be beneficial for autos to grow in 1 pot and not be transplanted. I guess no better teacher than experience right. I’m seeing that a lot of people have opinions and their own experiences. That where it gets a little confusing for me. I’m just going to keep it simple and not overdue it. And deal with problems as they arise if any. More than 1 way to skin a cat.

I seen your grow man! the plants are looking nice! Awesome job. How many weeks?
Are they flowering yet?

E

elusiveshame

I understand, that makes sense. from what I’ve read and seen it supposed to be beneficial for autos to grow in 1 pot and not be transplanted. I guess no better teacher than experience right. I’m seeing that a lot of people have opinions and their own experiences. That where it gets a little confusing for me. I’m just going to keep it simple and not overdue it. And deal with problems as they arise if any. More than 1 way to skin a cat.

I seen your grow man! the plants are looking nice! Awesome job. How many weeks?
Are they flowering yet?
Oh, right, that might be true for auto's! I haven't done those yet, but they'll be next on my list. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on your grow so I can learn more before I dive in.

My plants were sowed (seed in soil) on 9/10, so I'm heading into week 6 of their growth :)

M

Maximus420

Oh, right, that might be true for auto's! I haven't done those yet, but they'll be next on my list. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on your grow so I can learn more before I dive in.

My plants were sowed (seed in soil) on 9/10, so I'm heading into week 6 of their growth :)
Feel free vice versa. Like you said I’m gonna do this a grow diary lol.

M

Maximus420

Here’s a little update 6 out of 9 plants left. one didn’t germinate at all one popped out but the seed was stuck on. And the last one that was looking weak toppled over this morning. it had one cotyledon leave that was burned. Pretty much since it sprouted. I don’t know why it toppled over idk if it was overwatering or what maybe drop off..when I run my finger across them they all bounce back tight and stroking the one that toppled over didn’t.

I’ve been watering conservatively when the pots are light and the soil is just about dry, no moisture but still cool to the feel. Water at 6.1-6.2 ph with 1200 ppm. I’d say about 40-48 hours apart Currently have a 1200 watt and 1000 watt light on veg only.
I do plan on letting soil dry a little more this time before watering to almost completely dry

Temp 77
Rh 50%
Light schedule 18-6

Plants seem to be happy nice green color not to dark or to light.
have red stems don’t know if that’s a bad thing or good, considering they were germinated in soil10/12 and sprouted 10/15. Meaning they are still young. Anyone have experience with red or purple stem in seedlings? Can someone chime in on the plant growth the second set of fan leave are just now sprouting on 10/21…. It’s hard not to baby the hell out of them
1 lsd
1 top gun
4 cream caramel

The top gun sprouted with three leaves lol?

Anyways I’m excited. It’s been fun seeing the girls come alive

E3F17C79 DEF3 4AE6 89EA 528EDCBAE8E7
68F4A77B EAF3 41FE B695 7992D687AB58
31092013 CD4C 4500 B535 1D9B137D0506
2C6EE985 EF20 4E7D 8930 C45D13E1B008
FC4A8558 BA2B 4DBE 801A F9EE7CA784DB
E

elusiveshame

One of mine had the seed still stuck on, but I gently removed it and is one of my last 3 remaining out of the 6 I started with (I still have 4, but one isn’t in the tent and is supposed to be going to a friend).

Aside from the blurple, looks like your remaining sprouts are looking good :)

M

Maximus420

One of mine had the seed still stuck on, but I gently removed it and is one of my last 3 remaining out of the 6 I started with (I still have 4, but one isn’t in the tent and is supposed to be going to a friend).

Yeah I germinated in soil. next time I’m going to soak for 20 hours and then use the paper towel method

M

Maximus420

Yeah I germinated in soil. next time I’m going to soak for 20 hours and then use the paper towel method

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Give ya a little tip, you gonna run out of room quickly lol auto flowers don’t need anything over a 3gal container anything over is just a waste of soil and space
Don’t go off the breeders days their always way off specially for auto flowers they usually have 8-10 week of flowering alone so theirs your 60days just in flowering lol
And since your growing in coco, you might wanna grab something with bacillus (recharge,hydrogaurd,great white,etc) it’s should be the only extra thing you should use with nutes untill you get your mix and watering down before you go adding crazy amount of additives.

M

Maximus420

Yeah figured I could save it. As well with the other one. But if they were week I
Give ya a little tip, you gonna run out of room quickly lol auto flowers don’t need anything over a 3gal container anything over is just a waste of soil and space
Don’t go off the breeders days their always way off specially for auto flowers they usually have 8-10 week of flowering alone so theirs your 60days just in flowering lol
And since your growing in coco, you might wanna grab something with bacillus (recharge,hydrogaurd,great white,etc) it’s should be the only extra thing you should use with nutes untill you get your mix and watering down before you go adding crazy amount of additives.
I appreciate the advice.. yeah they are in 3 gal I doubt 8-10 weeks of flower. I’ve seen these strains on grow dairies go 10-11 weeks 4wk veg and 6 week flower. I got cal mag, silica, base nutrients. And then I have Gaia green all purpose, bloom and earth worth casting. I’m not going to crazy with all the nutrients.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Hate to tell ya I’ve grown LSD auto from the orginal breeder Barney’s farm and it took 9 weeks of flowering to get to 12% amber trics after a 4 week veg cycle.
Interesting selection of nutes but it’s good you know about silica already, I’ve never personally used top dressing stuff on my coco grows so I can’t give ya much advice their besides watch your ppm and ph on your run off.

M

Maximus420

I believe thanks for the heads up. I’m not a smoker so I’m not in a rush. Rather have a better end product than rushing the process right. Yeah I was going to go with the top dressing deal. Until I found out how hot foxfarm coco loco was lol .But then I heard about the calmag deficiencies and seen a feeding schedule for the micro, grow,bloom nutrients so decided to buy just in case. At least have it. If I don’t use it now I will later Don’t plan on overdoing nutrition on anything just using get through this grow. Then I’ll have some actual experience with a grow. Find out there is a lot to learn! Trusting the process..
What do you grow? Autoflowers?
I seen your pics! Awesome

linuxr

linuxr

I have a 2x4 tent and with 2 auto's after 6 and a half weeks they have filled the tent up. Also 1200 ppm is way to high for seedlings I'm only feeding mine in coco loco 650ppm.

IMG 20221020 132838

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

That’s how I do it, then right into a solo cup of soil. works like a charm every time. And you don’t need to worry about the water ph it’s the soil ph you need to watch when growing in soil. Looks good so far

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I believe thanks for the heads up. I’m not a smoker so I’m not in a rush. Rather have a better end product than rushing the process right. Yeah I was going to go with the top dressing deal. Until I found out how hot foxfarm coco loco was lol .But then I heard about the calmag deficiencies and seen a feeding schedule for the micro, grow,bloom nutrients so decided to buy just in case. At least have it. If I don’t use it now I will later Don’t plan on overdoing nutrition on anything just using get through this grow. Then I’ll have some actual experience with a grow. Find out there is a lot to learn! Trusting the process..
What do you grow? Autoflowers?
I seen your pics! Awesome
Oh I’ll grow anything, photo auto random don’t matter I’ll get it too work for the most part lol also if your into some good in depth reading, @Aqua Man has some of the most and best detailed info on coco

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

That’s how I do it, then right into a solo cup of soil. works like a charm every time. And you don’t need to worry about the water ph it’s the soil ph you need to watch when growing in soil. Looks good so far
Actually in coco soil water ph is more important since coco reacts different from traditional peat base soils. Soil PH is important but coco loco is pre buffered so as long the feeds stay with in 5.8-6.3 the soil PH “should” stay close on run off tests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom