First Time Grower/ Best Bang For The Buck /budget Grow

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Ok on the ffof it is a hot hot soil so mix it down with the pronmix. I would mix it 50/50 with an unfertilized soil and then add perelite
So I don't fully understand how to approach this without being seen as negative or rude. But here goes ffof is not hot it's been sitting after being mixed then sitting in a bag in a warehouse then shipping then the grow shop plus it doesn't really have much in it. Mix with a compost or EWC even if only using bottled nutes, no sense on adding unfertilized soil and go with lava rock or pumice it's much better aeration and it adds trace elements the problem with perlite is it floats and the other provides better elements.

Is it acceptable to give advice that counters the advice given? In my mind and in my history and past when I gave advice that was subpar and somebody else corrected me or gave me other advice I was stoked because I was learning but I do understand that people can be upset if you counter anything they say.

So if I'm not welcome, just say that. There'll be no hard feelings and I still have a beer with you laugh and joke with you and throw you high fives.

But more importantly I could be wrong just as well if I am call me out these are just my opinions

brazel

brazel

On Mon Aug 7 I started Germination via the Paper towel method. The next morning they had all but 1 had a tiny tail. I waited till Weds Aug 7 to plant them. I placed 3 in 5 gallon pots & 2 in clear dollar general solo style cups. All but 1 had sprouted & broke soil within 48 hours. 1 of the 1s in the solo never did sprout. From what I have read autos don't like to be transplanted however I've decided to make it my personal test subject lol. Hence the reason I have a random 3 gallon pot. Here's Day 2 or 3 pics. I have basically watered every 3 days or so. Just bottled water
The paper towel method works but it can damage the tap root in the fibers off the towel. Better to weigh the seeds then soak in water weigh again once it's gained 40% weight put it in its home. Do you have to do it this way no, you can do all sorts of ways! But if my understand this correctly these forms are to share ideas tips and further educate ourselves. I'm not saying my ways better or being rude or anything just giving you something else to think about if at any time you don't want me here just tell me no worries bro

brazel

brazel

Here are pics as of about 1 hour ago.
Day 12 from seed..
My last suggestion for the day. You see how your soil is dark brown around your plant and light brown around the edges.
That's not ideal and to be honest watering technique is a big part of growth. Strive for a constant moisture level throughout the whole pot just because the plant is small you have no idea where or what the roots are doing and if you're only watering a small area the plants are not going to go to a dry area so you're impacting root growth. Cheers

brazel

brazel

View attachment 732483 My entire room including fans soil lights buckets drywall and nutes ran around $500. I get some stuff free cause I'm in construction. This is at week 4 So budget grows do work.this is a 4x4 wall to wall. plant in back 45-1/2 inches. Week 4 of 10 week flower. 2x $50 t5 setups 1x$150 led 600w. Intake exhaust and 1 oscillating fan. Advanced nutrients. My own picks not the kit. Also first grow.
Ok i know I said my last one for the day but if can help why not! All your buds would be big if you had an even canopy. Use scrog lst or supercrop. Whatever one is apical grab the stem lower than the others with two hands using thumb and finger about .75" inch apart, pinch till you fill the cellulose collapse then twist it 180°. Cellulose is the main component that allows your plant to stand up it's part of the cell walls. when you collapse it and twist it the branch it will fall over allowing the other branches time to catch up to the growth of that one the that you pinched. This is cause the other branches will wanna be the apical. eventually the one that you collapsed will fortify the part you pinched and make it stronger the plant will pop back and it will be stronger.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok i know I said my last one for the day but if can help why not! All your buds would be big if you had an even canopy. Use scrog lst or supercrop. Whatever one is apical grab the stem lower than the others with two hands using thumb and finger about .75" inch apart, pinch till you fill the cellulose collapse then twist it 180°. Cellulose is the main component that allows your plant to stand up it's part of the cell walls. when you collapse it and twist it the branch it will fall over allowing the other branches time to catch up to the growth of that one the that you pinched. This is cause the other branches will wanna be the apical. eventually the one that you collapsed will fortify the part you pinched and make it stronger the plant will pop back and it will be stronger.
Yeah I’m gonna try training n all for better canopy on upcoming run. That run harvested already. I learned a good bit from it. Made all kinds of mistakes. I agree the even canopy is on my list of changes. Especially because I don’t use hid lighting n penetration makes all the lower a waste. I’m gonna train plants to all grow almost sideways this run even the canopy. Between pinching n tying down.

brazel

brazel

Yeah I’m gonna try training n all for better canopy on upcoming run. That run harvested already. I learned a good bit from it. Made all kinds of mistakes. I agree the even canopy is on my list of changes. Especially because I don’t use hid lighting n penetration makes all the lower a waste. I’m gonna train plants to all grow almost sideways this run even the canopy. Between pinching n tying down.
Mistakes are great way to learn. If you use an LED I get better results from that then hid. It depends on the light you're using too. Keep the lights super low put your hand at the canopy the back of it lower your lights until you feel Heat. Start there and watch your leaves if you need to raise them a little bit at a time. Like an inch. Be mindful of your light pattern the spread. When having an even canopy your spread is more beneficial than the penetration down.

Monster762

Monster762

So I don't fully understand how to approach this without being seen as negative or rude. But here goes ffof is not hot it's been sitting after being mixed then sitting in a bag in a warehouse then shipping then the grow shop plus it doesn't really have much in it. Mix with a compost or EWC even if only using bottled nutes, no sense on adding unfertilized soil and go with lava rock or pumice it's much better aeration and it adds trace elements the problem with perlite is it floats and the other provides better elements.

Is it acceptable to give advice that counters the advice given? In my mind and in my history and past when I gave advice that was subpar and somebody else corrected me or gave me other advice I was stoked because I was learning but I do understand that people can be upset if you counter anything they say.

So if I'm not welcome, just say that. There'll be no hard feelings and I still have a beer with you laugh and joke with you and throw you high fives.

But more importantly I could be wrong just as well if I am call me out these are just my opinions
I’m here learning too. I definately don’t know it all. I top dressed low planters with ffof and it burned. I googled and everything except the fox farm advertisements that comes up is people having burn issues. I had a huge bag of it n found by cutting it down it doesn’t burn. The perelite was just to add drainage to the unfertilized peat moss I cut it with. This next run I’m trying a mix from scratch. No pre fertilized at all. Peat sand perelite worm castings. If there’s anything I might want to add to that let me know. Like I said I’m learning. I just lean to the soft side on fertilizers. I’d rather be short than fry plants. I’m using hydro nutes so I’m technically not running a live medium. I want to try an all organic but have all this stuff left from last run. Trying to bring some revegs back to play now. I ran out of room so I pulled the weaker sour d out. Now trying to revive them. Got 4 clones of the bigger plant going with them

Monster762

Monster762

Mistakes are great way to learn. If you use an LED I get better results from that then hid. It depends on the light you're using too. Keep the lights super low put your hand at the canopy the back of it lower your lights until you feel Heat. Start there and watch your leaves if you need to raise them a little bit at a time. Like an inch. Be mindful of your light pattern the spread. When having an even canopy your spread is more beneficial than the penetration down.
Yeah I run 2xt5 with 600w led in between them. That’s why I want to run a good canopy like you said. Less penetration needed.

brazel

brazel

I’m here learning too. I definately don’t know it all. I top dressed low planters with ffof and it burned. I googled and everything except the fox farm advertisements that comes up is people having burn issues. I had a huge bag of it n found by cutting it down it doesn’t burn. The perelite was just to add drainage to the unfertilized peat moss I cut it with. This next run I’m trying a mix from scratch. No pre fertilized at all. Peat sand perelite worm castings. If there’s anything I might want to add to that let me know. Like I said I’m learning. I just lean to the soft side on fertilizers. I’d rather be short than fry plants. I’m using hydro nutes so I’m technically not running a live medium. I want to try an all organic but have all this stuff left from last run. Trying to bring some revegs back to play now. I ran out of room so I pulled the weaker sour d out. Now trying to revive them. Got 4 clones of the bigger plant going with them
Never stop learning, a master grower knows he is not one once you believe you master something then you've settled, don't settle go further.

Are you saying you just top dress with ffof and it burnt the plants, you didn't add anything? If that's the case then it was something else. Please Tell me more if you're curious or otherwise we could just move on!

No need for sand and use the other options I told you instead of perlite, why use one product when another one is better and is more beneficial? Perlite is better for growing shrooms.

When using bottle nutrients you're Force feeding it, basically you're telling the plant when it wants and setting the plant get what it needs. The whole concept of using bottle nutrients revolves around the fact of you trying to grow plant but that's not your job build a soil and let the soil grow the plant for you.

If a plant had everything It wanted and choose what it needed it could ever have a deficiency right!?
Pretty much every Post in the Infirmary comes back to one thing and it's cuz of using bottled nutes.

Can you imagine if I came to your house and told you what you had to eat. Please don't take any of this is rude I'm just trying to give you things to think about. Here's another fun fact none of these products would be around if it wasn't for cannabis which is kind of weird when you think about having to grow produce around the world for 7 billion people and not one of them use them.

https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast

That link has podcast, if you wanna learn real stuff please listen to them.

Go to buildasoil and read go to kis organics and read. Buy teaming with microbes book and the other two he wrote!

If you wanna grow craft cannabis which is the best I'll have no problem helping you along the way. Cannabis product companies are amazing at marketing and selling you stuff don't listen to it.

Think about the produce sold in supermarkets it lacks nutrients taste it's literally pathetic because it's not grown in amended soil organically. Why would cannabis be the anomaly?

Just something to think about cheers bro

brazel

brazel

Yeah I run 2xt5 with 600w led in between them. That’s why I want to run a good canopy like you said. Less penetration needed.
What's the led? Multi colored or COB? Do have a meter or a kill-a-watt to test actually watts. If it's multi colored then running it with t5 gives full spectrum, awesome move right there!

Monster762

Monster762

What's the led? Multi colored or COB? Do have a meter or a kill-a-watt to test actually watts. If it's multi colored then running it with t5 gives full spectrum, awesome move right there!
Yeah it’s multicolor high in red with uv and ir. I staggered 6500k and 3000k bulbs in t5s for flower. N no don’t have anything to test true watts. I have a good digital multimeter for my car but not sure how to use it.

brazel

brazel

Yeah it’s multicolor high in red with uv and ir. I staggered 6500k and 3000k bulbs in t5s for flower. N no don’t have anything to test true watts. I have a good digital multimeter for my car but not sure how to use it.
Turn it to 120v take your two leads red Positive Black negative look at your plug and if it has a wider blade and a skinnier blade your wide blade will be negative and your skinny blade will be positive. But I wouldn't worry about it, no reason to get electrocuted. If you have another 6500 bulb swap that out for the 3000.
Your led is low on the Kelvin scale.
Do you have a flower bloom switch?

Monster762

Monster762

Turn it to 120v take your two leads red Positive Black negative look at your plug and if it has a wider blade and a skinnier blade your wide blade will be negative and your skinny blade will be positive. But I wouldn't worry about it, no reason to get electrocuted. If you have another 6500 bulb swap that out for the 3000.
It has 2 switches both seem to produce about the same spectrum. Just twice as many lights lit with both on. I only use it in flower full blast. I’m looking to get 1000-1200w leds for new room.

Monster762

Monster762

And I ran 6500 all veg. But supposedly for flower 3000 is what to use. It is almost spectrum eq to hps. More yellow.

brazel

brazel

It has 2 switches both seem to produce about the same spectrum. Just twice as many lights lit with both on. I only use it in flower full blast. I’m looking to get 1000-1200w leds for new room.
I haven't seen one like that, Typically diode led that have a switch alternate between far par which is around 680nm red and par around 400nm blue to less red. some lack the middle spectrum which is green. People will say plants can't see green light but that's wrong.

1000 1200 true watts led is a solid setup!
Research research research... lots of junk out there!

brazel

brazel

And I ran 6500 all veg. But supposedly for flower 3000 is what to use. It is almost spectrum eq to hps. More yellow.
I've ran so many freaking lights, in different Kelvins. I've read lots of study's from university's, I'm not big on trusting info on product websites.
Despite everything I read the best flower that I got imo is running cob 4000k. When I say best that's 100% all about quality I don't care about quantity. Again research research research research there's a lot of junk out there. Cheers

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Never stop learning, a master grower knows he is not one once you believe you master something then you've settled, don't settle go further.

Are you saying you just top dress with ffof and it burnt the plants, you didn't add anything? If that's the case then it was something else. Please Tell me more if you're curious or otherwise we could just move on!

No need for sand and use the other options I told you instead of perlite, why use one product when another one is better and is more beneficial? Perlite is better for growing shrooms.

When using bottle nutrients you're Force feeding it, basically you're telling the plant when it wants and setting the plant get what it needs. The whole concept of using bottle nutrients revolves around the fact of you trying to grow plant but that's not your job build a soil and let the soil grow the plant for you.

If a plant had everything It wanted and choose what it needed it could ever have a deficiency right!?
Pretty much every Post in the Infirmary comes back to one thing and it's cuz of using bottled nutes.

Can you imagine if I came to your house and told you what you had to eat. Please don't take any of this is rude I'm just trying to give you things to think about. Here's another fun fact none of these products would be around if it wasn't for cannabis which is kind of weird when you think about having to grow produce around the world for 7 billion people and not one of them use them.

https://www.kisorganics.com/pages/podcast

That link has podcast, if you wanna learn real stuff please listen to them.

Go to buildasoil and read go to kis organics and read. Buy teaming with microbes book and the other two he wrote!

If you wanna grow craft cannabis which is the best I'll have no problem helping you along the way. Cannabis product companies are amazing at marketing and selling you stuff don't listen to it.

Think about the produce sold in supermarkets it lacks nutrients taste it's literally pathetic because it's not grown in amended soil organically. Why would cannabis be the anomaly?

Just something to think about cheers bro

I've actually listened to everyone one of the podcast since the very beginning.. it's a very interesting & informative podcast. I really wish the product was sold somewhere here locally. I'd only need 2 bags, I'd love to try it on my next grow. Which will be a 4 plant scrog with mephisto seeds. I'll probably end up using FFOF & FFHP.. idk, depends on how my funds are looking in a couple weeks when it's time to buy the soil.
https://www.kisorganics.com/collections/all/products/kis-organics-water-only-soil-mix

Top Bottom