First Time Grower, CFL to MH/HPS Combo 400 W

• Thread starter CrippledArcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Man thanks for the input, the LST does look a little scary, Would it be an issue at this height ?

P

Producer

Man thanks for the input, the LST does look a little scary, Would it be an issue at this height ?

Nah, I dont think it would be an issue.
Just take your time. Might have to bend it over a longer period. Maybe 1 or 2 days. Just bending slowly more and more.
Its not a bad idea to top it either though. Maybe that would be a better idea at this point in the veg stage.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

2 have been topped, the two tallest. Was trying to let the other catch up before it gets topped as well. It looks to me that the huge fan leaves are blocking a lot of light, tried to super crop (I think that what he called it smashing the stem until you hear it) but the damn thing rebound in hours like shit hasn't happened. The huge fan leaves in question have no branching on them,wondering maybe to cut them completely or maybe just half the leaf ? So many questions :)

L

Louisiana

Lookin good bro. One question how many days from germination are you? I just started from seed for the first time is why I ask. Thanks bro. Good luck.

P

Producer

2 have been topped, the two tallest. Was trying to let the other catch up before it gets topped as well. It looks to me that the huge fan leaves are blocking a lot of light, tried to super crop (I think that what he called it smashing the stem until you hear it) but the damn thing rebound in hours like shit hasn't happened. The huge fan leaves in question have no branching on them,wondering maybe to cut them completely or maybe just half the leaf ? So many questions :)

Umm...I wouldnt cut any fan leaves bro. Unless they're completely yellow and about to fall off. If the fan leaves are blocking light just try LST'ing. Tie it down with something. Then light will get to the underside and will make a huge difference.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Umm...I wouldnt cut any fan leaves bro. Unless they're completely yellow and about to fall off. If the fan leaves are blocking light just try LST'ing. Tie it down with something. Then light will get to the underside and will make a huge difference.

OK , did some LST 2 days ago. On the tallest split it two ways she bends pretty good at the top but the damn stalks are bigger than a kinder garden pencil atm, thinking it may be about time to move them to a 3 gallon pot here in the next week maybe. Next question there are so many side branches that are 3-5 nodes in branching since no more seeds wondering if maybe its time to take a few cuttings for clones,even though they haven't showed their sex.

P

Producer

OK , did some LST 2 days ago. On the tallest split it two ways she bends pretty good at the top but the damn stalks are bigger than a kinder garden pencil atm, thinking it may be about time to move them to a 3 gallon pot here in the next week maybe. Next question there are so many side branches that are 3-5 nodes in branching since no more seeds wondering if maybe its time to take a few cuttings for clones,even though they haven't showed their sex.

There's no harm in taking a few clones, even if they havent shown sex yet, I mean you can sex them and then bring them back to veg, but I just take my chances. Clones virtually cost nothing to make.
Just dont get attached to them. Get it in your head that if they're male or herme then you have to throw them out.

I love taking clones personaly! I find it so fun.
Its completely up to you however.
I say go for it.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

There's no harm in taking a few clones, even if they havent shown sex yet, I mean you can sex them and then bring them back to veg, but I just take my chances. Clones virtually cost nothing to make.
Just dont get attached to them. Get it in your head that if they're male or herme then you have to throw them out.

I love taking clones personaly! I find it so fun.
Its completely up to you however.
I say go for it.

Any kind of guidelines cuttings per plant, maybe like no more than 2 at a time a week apart ?

P

Producer

Any kind of guidelines cuttings per plant, maybe like no more than 2 at a time a week apart ?

For what? Clones? Like whats as many as you can take in one sitting kind of thing?
You should be able to get a few off of each plant.
At least 3 or 4 i'd say. I mean the plants are still young but if you take some cuttings now you'll just encourage it to grow more.
If you take 3 or 4 now in a week or two you should be able to take double that amount. They'll just keep coming.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Been reading all I can on the cloning steps, Doesn't seem to hard. I think my girls man is getting a little aggravated cause he has to see me like 3 times a week :) Kind of taken over her stuff (oops). The more I read it seems most people have a very High fem rate when they get the lucky bean in the bag,all of these were collected in bags over a year time. Man the Durban Poison is taking off like a Mad Man :) The Other so Called BC Gum is not far behind either.

Y

yooper13

Look's very nice, im starting again after about 4yrs off you are giving me alot of motivation to break out the ol 400 watt/mh anybody have an idea how far the light should be from the top of seedling's at a day of poking their heads out?

P

Producer

Been reading all I can on the cloning steps, Doesn't seem to hard. I think my girls man is getting a little aggravated cause he has to see me like 3 times a week :) Kind of taken over her stuff (oops). The more I read it seems most people have a very High fem rate when they get the lucky bean in the bag,all of these were collected in bags over a year time. Man the Durban Poison is taking off like a Mad Man :) The Other so Called BC Gum is not far behind either.

Cool bro! And honestly...ya man. Cloning is the easiest thing in the world to do. I was pretty nervous the first time I did it. Which to be completely honest with you, wasnt that long ago. But after tried out a batch, i realized how simple it was. I was so scared about where to cut and what to do and how to do it...
You just gotta try! Live and learn man.
Let me know if you need some advice on cloning. I'd be happy to help out.

And im glad your plants are taking off! Its encouraging to hear.
Props bro!

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Look's very nice, im starting again after about 4yrs off you are giving me alot of motivation to break out the ol 400 watt/mh anybody have an idea how far the light should be from the top of seedling's at a day of poking their heads out?

We waited until they made their second set of fan leaves under CFL then moved to the dual, Started in the 24 in range then brought them down to 18, now there like 12 about time to move

M

mountaindank

yooper13, I like to start them 24 to 30 inches away from a 400. That young, I think they might burn any closer than 18.

P

Producer

I agree with MountainDank.
Flurorescents are a good way to go for seedlings too man.
Get a couples CFL's. Good to go.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

New Pictures

The long awaited 30 days under the dual MH/HPS
Wonder if they are starting to show ?

The new Kid is Some Durban Poision found one random seed in the bag :)

DSCF0510
DSCF0511
DSCF0512
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Had to splt the pictures

4 days after smart pots and the exploded into growth !

The last 2 pics look like they may be showing,but still such a noob i'm not sure

DSCF0513
DSCF0514
DSCF0515
DSCF0516
Top Bottom