First time grower !!! Droopy and purple steams

• Thread starter ossie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So looking at the graphs, is it safe to assume you are running lights at night? Looks like temps drop to night levels at 4:00 PM? There is a corresponding jump in RH which is to be expected as it is a relationship with temp. RH a bit high for my liking at night, but that is only really a problem later when in full flower. Start thinking now how you might mitigate night time RH to prevent botrytis.

I have never grown an auto on purpose, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but that environment seems OK to me for this stage. It has got to be genetics or watering IMO. Based on all the posts and the bugs, I think watering too often.

O

ossie

So looking at the graphs, is it safe to assume you are running lights at night? Looks like temps drop to night levels at 4:00 PM? There is a corresponding jump in RH which is to be expected as it is a relationship with temp. RH a bit high for my liking at night, but that is only really a problem later when in full flower. Start thinking now how you might mitigate night time RH to prevent botrytis.

I have never grown an auto on purpose, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but that environment seems OK to me for this stage. It has got to be genetics or watering IMO. Based on all the posts and the bugs, I think watering too often.
Thank you so much for the advice brother. I will watch more carefully the RH as you said and hope for the best. I have not feed these ladies yet, and I am about to start the second week of flowering.
As I mentioned I am using Ocean Forrest soil from Fox Farm witch I heard it has enough nutrients for the first month, should I start feeding them now even thought they still a little droopy ? I have also the nutrients from Fox Farm and also Lotus Nutrients. Witch one do you recommend me ?

Thanks mate

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thank you so much for the advice brother. I will watch more carefully the RH as you said and hope for the best. I have not feed these ladies yet, and I am about to start the second week of flowering.
As I mentioned I am using Ocean Forrest soil from Fox Farm witch I heard it has enough nutrients for the first month, should I start feeding them now even thought they still a little droopy ? I have also the nutrients from Fox Farm and also Lotus Nutrients. Witch one do you recommend me ?

Thanks mate
So the pics in post 1 are still what you see?

Personally - I would not mess with nutrients just yet. The plants seem healthy other than the droops.

Are you getting good new growth? It looks a little pale based on the old pics, which is normal to an extent - the new growth needs photons to green up and produce chlorophyll. But if large areas of new growth are pale and they do not improve with a little time, you may have some nitrogen issue. Can you maybe post a current pic so we can see what has changed since last week?

Are you in a position where you could run with the tent doors wide open for 24 hours and see the response? Not sure what your lung room environment is, but if they perk up with the tent open over one night cycle, that will tell us a lot. If you do that, post your sensorpush data for the day and a before and after pic.

My feeling is that you can get this resolved and the plants will recover quickly and take off, as long as it is not genetics.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The soil looks kind of dry and I'm not seeing the messed up lower leaves that I normally see with overwatering. How heavy are those pots? Do they feel full of water (heavy)?

O

ossie

The soil looks kind of dry and I'm not seeing the messed up lower leaves that I normally see with overwatering. How heavy are those pots? Do they feel full of water (heavy)?
Thanks for your help, Im using a 5 gallon pots and after watering they don't feel to heavy either.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thanks for your help, Im using a 5 gallon pots and after watering they don't feel to heavy either.
OK, that's probably it. 1.5 liters of water for a 5 gallon container isn't likely to fully wet the soil. I usually use 5 gallon containers and the plants take close to a gallon of water each.

Water until all the soil in the pot is damp. Then don't water again until the pots are light in weight. Don't worry about measuring how much water you give them, just water until it's enough. If your soil is dry, you might water a little, wait an hour, then finish watering. Dry soil can repel water, and you start seeing water come through the bottom before all the soil is wet.

O

ossie

OK, that's probably it. 1.5 liters of water for a 5 gallon container isn't likely to fully wet the soil. I usually use 5 gallon containers and the plants take close to a gallon of water each.

Water until all the soil in the pot is damp. Then don't water again until the pots are light in weight. Don't worry about measuring how much water you give them, just water until it's enough.
Yes sir. Thank you so much !!! Should I feed them next time ? I have not feed them yet since I planted them.
Thanks for the advice bro

Top Bottom