First time grower Drying plants

• Thread starter Tamitha420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tamitha420

Tamitha420

So I posted a few months back I’m a first time grower only grew two plants but I have since harvested and am onto the drying process I hung them in my basement have a dehumidifier running keeping it at 65% humidity how long will it take to dry and how do I know when they are dry enough to start curing the buds picture of my plants from start to finish pretty proud of my first grow don’t want to mess it up on the drying and curing stage

841510E7 961F 4736 818F EDCD23853E89
3945A148 A5F2 464C 9BA7 45F65F720D19
ninjadip

ninjadip

Hey man, I saw no one answered this. I'm still a newb myself, but I read one way to see if they Are ready is to see if the stem will snap. If it is still bendy/rubbery then not yet.
I'm sure someone will tell you much more expert advice than me, but just trying to help.
There are some good reads here too.

I think this guy covers it
Post in thread 'Drying the buds…when to jar?' https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/drying-the-buds…when-to-jar.141037/post-2827446

Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Depending on if you cut the plant at the base or if you cut individual limbs, also depending on if you wet trimmed or left the sugar leaves. It can also depend on the temperature of your drying room. Without details I can say any where from 7-12 days, but this is without details. Rule of thumb is if you bend the stem and hear a distinctive snap then it should be ready for final trim and curing process. Also if the buds come off the stem real easy than it's good to go. There are countless videos on YouTube and I'm sure many post on THCFARMER about ways to dry and cure. Hope you the best luck and good job on your first grow. May there be many more to come and please share as you grow and learn.

Tamitha420

Tamitha420

Thank you guys appreciate The advice I did go on YouTube and read a ton of threads just got a lot of really good advice here when I first started appreciate all the help I got here on my first grow ……… on that note plants were drying for 8 days stems snapped not bendy and I just trimmed the buds off yesterday they are now curing in jars burping them three times a day currently until properly cured seem to be doing well so far Ty again tho ❤️❤️ also quite proud of my harvest I weighed it out after trimming and I got a little over 3 oz super happy about it can’t smoke until March tho cuz I’m preggo but once I pop this kid out I’m rolling up a wood of this homegrown ☺️☺️

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

So I posted a few months back I’m a first time grower only grew two plants but I have since harvested and am onto the drying process I hung them in my basement have a dehumidifier running keeping it at 65% humidity how long will it take to dry and how do I know when they are dry enough to start curing the buds picture of my plants from start to finish pretty proud of my first grow don’t want to mess it up on the drying and curing stage
So i keep my temps at 60% humidity and 60-66 f if i can but that usally will dry my plants between 6-15 days but like ninja has said eait untill you can start clean snapping the side branchs in half in the middle of the buds or close to buds as beside the main stem will be dryer quicker but you should be totally fine ill say in 1 week than trim and cure woot!

Top Bottom