First time grower growing outdoors

• Thread starter ivan444
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ivan444

Hey guys I'm new and all and want to know that I'm on track.

I've germinated and planted 3 seeds (2 Zkittlez Auto's and 1 OG Kush), I'll attach pictures bellow.

When should I transfer these plants to a bigger pot?
1685550042096.jpg

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Put them outside in full sun early in the day shaded after 11 am, evening sun after 6 pm until dark.
Window sills are not good.

I'd repot as soon as you can. It's that time of year. Things are starting to grow.

5 gallon pot minimum
mix 1/2 cup of bone meal into potting soil before transplanting
Water in with a high middle number fertilizer / flowering mix like 5-15-5. This gets the roots growing.
Put them back outside in full sun early in the day. Shaded after 11 am, evening sun 6 pm until dark.
Water with the low nitrogen high middle number flowering mix again in 7 days.
If the plants require water mid week just a little plane water.

In 14 days.
Switch to a high first number lower middle number veg fertilizer like 12-6-6.
1/2 strength for 2 or 3 weeks. Anything you can get your hands on will do and place the pots in full sun all day.
After 2 or 3 weeks on higher nitrogen fertilizer you can mix 3/4 strength as directed on the bottle.
Your little seedlings will be pretty big buy this time and growing fast.

Watch for signs of bud formation late July. When your sure she as finished growing and stretching. Switch back to the flowering mix high middle number for the rest of the grow.

Be careful not to over water. Let the top 2 inches of the soil dry out before re watering.
If you have a little Cal-Mag 1/2 tsp pr gallon of water once a week start to finish will help.
Do this and you won't believe your plants in 60 days.
All the best. Ron

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Hi @ivan444 - Welcome to the farm!

When should I transfer these plants to a bigger pot?
I'd say a week or two. Let them get full sets of leaves.

Don't use clear cups. The roots don't like light. You could put something around the cups you have. Do those cups have drainage holes?

They're stretching toward the light (aka, phototropism) and growing long stems--meaning they need more light. You can add soil up to the first set of leaves and the plant will grow roots from that part of the stem. Adding soil keeps a stretched plant from falling over.

Are you going to grow these plants inside or outside? Never bring a plant inside that has been outside. It can bring in pests.

I

ivan444

Hi @ivan444 - Welcome to the farm!

I'd say a week or two. Let them get full sets of leaves.

Don't use clear cups. The roots don't like light. You could put something around the cups you have. Do those cups have drainage holes?

They're stretching toward the light (aka, phototropism) and growing long stems--meaning they need more light. You can add soil up to the first set of leaves and the plant will grow roots from that part of the stem. Adding soil keeps a stretched plant from falling over.

Are you going to grow these plants inside or outside? Never bring a plant inside that has been outside. It can bring in pests.

I'd already have them in big pots. Today
I moved them to bigger pots a couple days back already, let's hope they'll do good.

IMG 20230604 093834851
IMG 20230604 093826627
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Ivan.
Come on man. Driveway aggregate, Really?
Go to the store and buy something like Black Earth soil. It's like 4 bucks a bag. The buckets you transplanted into are about 2 gallon.
I told ya 5 gallon minimum. If you want to grow pot. Get it together or your going to wast a lot of time and and up with nothing.
Little buckets like this will grow dwarf plants. The seedlings you planted in that aggregate will likely die if you don't do something pretty quick.
So it's time to re transplant into real soil not crushed stone and rock dust.

I'm trying not to be mean or nasty but I have to tell you the truth.
I already told you what to do. If you don't want to loose all your seedlings you best sort yourself out and I mean yesterday or your going to be on here crying all over the place about sick and dying plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom