First Time Grower ~ Help Diagnosing Please

• Thread starter Mmes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mmes

Mmes

3 seeds of unknown strain were germinated in my aero garden in sphagnum peat I’m May 4 and sprouted May 10. First picture is from May 12. Potted up into PC magic soil and kept by aero garden 17/7. Second pic is May 28. Hardened off during the day to prep for transfer to outdoor 5g bucket transplant on June 6 (inclement weather and frost risk prior). Third pic is June 6 just before repotting. Soil is from backyard, cow manure and a pc veg soil which is a mix of top soil, cow manure and sphagnum peat. Roots were white and well established in entire pot space. Nutes have been limited, aero garden uses 4-3-6 every two weeks and small amount of 10-15-10 was given a couple times before being potted into 5g buckets, none since moving permanently outdoors. Two buckets drain well and one a bit slower (Shortest one) than I would like even after modifying with extra holes. Shortly after moving outside we had serveral days of cold, high wind and rain that was unexpected. June 17 at the 5th or 6th leaf set I could easily see white pistils on two and could see them on the third June 18. Water is well water that naturally has a higher iron content and is on the harder side. I do not have a ph/ppm monitor to provide those details. I had suspected what I was seeing on the leaves was from the sun/wind/rain. Water until I see run off every few days depending on weather (less often if it has rained, always top couple inches are dry). From what I’ve read I’m guessing my plants may be stretched or it’s just the strain. There are some brown patches on some lower leaves and in the middle of two plants (more on one) there are little yellow uniform circles that changed to white. I don’t see any black dots or little pimple like bumps or anything that looks like poop or bugs although ants, spiders and moths have been checking them out. Picture of three buckets taken June 17. 4 pics of plant 1, 7 pics of plant 2 with most issues and 4 pics of plant 3 all taken June 19. I was thinking septoria bc of the dots or calcium deficiency or some kind of Nute lockout/deficiency but I don’t want to take action without knowing. Any input appreciated, no concern in my area growing outdoor as we are allowed up to 4 plants for personal consumption at any time.

First time grower  help diagnosing please
First time grower  help diagnosing please 2
First time grower  help diagnosing please 3
First time grower  help diagnosing please 4
First time grower  help diagnosing please 5
First time grower  help diagnosing please 6
First time grower  help diagnosing please 7
First time grower  help diagnosing please 8
First time grower  help diagnosing please 9
First time grower  help diagnosing please 10
First time grower  help diagnosing please 11
First time grower  help diagnosing please 12
First time grower  help diagnosing please 13
First time grower  help diagnosing please 14
First time grower  help diagnosing please 15
First time grower  help diagnosing please 16
First time grower  help diagnosing please 17
First time grower  help diagnosing please 18
First time grower  help diagnosing please 19
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'd want those ppm and ph figures

but the spots r very uniform

foliar spraying?

when u water-

u sprayin the leaves

the folks n ur medium can tell best about drainage.

I'm sure they'll come...

i like the release and retention of hydroton

ur people tend to like vermiculite

perlite

and dt...

near as i recall

welcome to the party

you'll b eantin more plants

😁

Mmes

Mmes

I'd want those ppm and ph figures

but the spots r very uniform

foliar spraying?

when u water-

u sprayin the leaves

the folks n ur medium can tell best about drainage.

I'm sure they'll come...

i like the release and retention of hydroton

ur people tend to like vermiculite

perlite

and dt...

near as i recall

welcome to the party

you'll b eantin more plants

😁
Thanks! Yes I’m sure I will lol My fun project while getting my vegetable garden ready Is def taking over my reading now 😂 I haven’t sprayed them with anything and water from a can directly to the soil. I wish I had the ph/ppm too but it’s not in the cards right now unfortunatel.

Noobiegrow

Noobiegrow

This looks like some kind of pest to me. Probably thrips if I had to guess. Looks like most of the damage is near the bottom of the plant and they like to hatch larva in the soil. Treat with super soap or Capt Jack's spray and DE the top of the soil. That how I got rid of mine

Mmes

Mmes

I’ve been staring at the plants a lot and haven’t seen any bugs but I will keep watch for them

Top Bottom