First Time Grower - How Am I Doing?

• Thread starter SouthmouthBill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SouthmouthBill

SouthmouthBill

First time grower, went all out on equipment and multiple tents, finally growing out my big tent and in a few weeks or however long will be switching to flower and moving my smaller plants to one of my two 4x2 tents.
Coco/perlite, buffered and pre charged.
RO water, usIng Jack's 123 kit and bennies on the side, occasionally feeding just a tiny bit of a molasses based feeder.
With my autowatering system set up I'm watering every other day right now, going by eye but will soon water daily when I have my resevoir barrels set up and theres no leak worries.
Adding about 800ppm of c02 as well, venting outside only when my control unit kicks on my air to cool the tent below 83f....which happens more often than I'd care for.
They're running under a 300 watt mars hydro purple LED, 1k watt MH running at 600 in a vented housing, and a 600 watt Mars Hydro Sunlike LED in that order rowed across them evenly.

All of them are being low stressed trained with primary wire, only thing I had that wouldn't marr the plants.

These are all photo regs except for 3 gorilla glue autoflowers I have. I have since bought and started multiple feminized seeds that are recovering from a hydroponics hiccup;

-EDIT- : in the second picture at the bottom left hand side, theres a plant that has grown mutated since sprouting. I've left it to grow, no training because the stem has always been way too firm to bend, but it also doesnt grow much. It was from a random bag seed that I planted while waiting on my big seed orders. Just kinda kept (hopefully a) her to see what it does. Anyone ever seen this before?

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
please upload your photos directly here to thcfarmer, we dont support external image hosts (they might delete the photo and it would ruin the post)

SouthmouthBill

SouthmouthBill

Bumping the thread, no advise or anything? Surely there's stuff that could be better

BigD66

BigD66

How big is your tent? I’m only growing outdoors (new grower as well) and am looking to add an indoor garden.

SouthmouthBill

SouthmouthBill

How big is your tent? I’m only growing outdoors (new grower as well) and am looking to add an indoor garden.
The one in the pics is a 5x10x7.5, I think I spent roughly 250 on it through ebay

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey man,
looking good for a first time grower. You have a lot going on in the big tent.
what are the strains?

SouthmouthBill

SouthmouthBill

Hey man,
looking good for a first time grower. You have a lot going on in the big tent.
what are the strains?
The three flowering are Gorilla Glue autos from GCS. The ones in the brown sacks are bag seeds, the ones in the blue walmart bags are a mix between Pebble Pusher, White Lotus Gelato, and Odd Little Gelato, all reg photos from Pops Seed Shop. Unfortunately I have no idea which are which due to a screwups with labels the day I transported them during moving houses.

My up and coming set of plants consist of -carefully labelled- OG Kush, White Widow Super, Blue Dream, all feminized from ILGM, and some Vigaro reg autos from Pops that I planted to fill in corners of empty grow tents, and put whatever else I have in excess outside and see how autoflowers fair in Louisiana

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi I think you plants could do with getting up off the tent floor creat a air gap under them , warmer dryer roots aids in plant health, you have a few that look over watered, how’s is your drainage on them ? Regards Od .

SouthmouthBill

SouthmouthBill

Hi I think you plants could do with getting up off the tent floor creat a air gap under them , warmer dryer roots aids in plant health, you have a few that look over watered, how’s is your drainage on them ? Regards Od .
They're a high mix of perlite to coco, about 35-40%, I havent had any drainage issues so far, I keep 2 probe thermometers in my coco and it stays in the same range as my ambient room temp afaik, I'll start paying more attention to it. My ultimate goal after this harvest is to get drain trays so I can more closely monitor my runoff from tray to tray, just couldn't afford/find trays locally. I've only watered with my watering system 3 times so far, so I'm still dialing in how much to water before runoff, and fixing tubing placement for even root ball watering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom