First Time Grower In Flowering.

• Thread starter Chevyracing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

I use 1k mh for veg hps for flowering. How big are those girls? I would say that is a good LOW estimate. I think if you have that in mind you won't be disappointed

Pic is GSC bag seed. 24" tall and 24" wide.
3.8 Oz dried and cured
Yeah I say that's low estimate too. Plants looking nice.

Chevyracing

Chevyracing

Says growing and flowering plants but i dont want to do any experimenting with my plants being as far as they are. Whats a product you use that would benifit my plants in addition to my base nutrient (pictured below) that i could find at my local hydro shop and i will look into it

IMG 1509
IMG 1510
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Says growing and flowering plants but i dont want to do any experimenting with my plants being as far as they are. Whats a product you use that would benifit my plants in addition to my base nutrient (pictured below) that i could find at my local hydro shop and i will look into it

That what u have there is 1/3 the general hydroponics version of a 3 part nutrient base system they make a grow and a micro as well those would be the other 2 parts that would give u a general coverage to what your plants will need through there life you will not need to worry about adding sugars and sweetness until round week 5-6 of flower i use Blue planet nutrients there organic line check them out. Nectar of the gods makes a good sweetener and finishing products look into them as well

Chevyracing

Chevyracing

That what u have there is 1/3 the general hydroponics version of a 3 part nutrient base system they make a grow and a micro as well those would be the other 2 parts that would give u a general coverage to what your plants will need through there life you will not need to worry about adding sugars and sweetness until round week 5-6 of flower i use Blue planet nutrients there organic line check them out. Nectar of the gods makes a good sweetener and finishing products look into them as well
I used the grow during my veg cycle. So what youre saying is to continue with just what im using now for another 2-3 weeks then get a sweetener

Chevyracing

Chevyracing

Is this what youre talking about? Not sure what a sweetener is tbh.

IMG 1511
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Is this what youre talking about? Not sure what a sweetener is tbh.

That is the bone meal use it every two weeks or at least the 4th week of flower add it to your mix. I would also recommend some compost tea u can buy that at the hydro store as well earth worm casting will help feed your soil Micro Rihzo as well as add to flavor my plants love it cut it off round week 7 if you wanted to go with another three part system u can give them the grow micro and bloom all through there life. Ha your on the right track your getting there

IMG 6130
ahemait

ahemait

They sure are looking pretty. First time? You're a natural!

I'm also in soil and use the alaska fish emulsion in vegetative, works like a dream.

One thing is suggest watching, if you're using liquid Fertilizers like those, find out what they are ph'd to. The issue I ran into, using reverse osmosis water, was the bloom fertilizer dropped my ph like a bomb because of the lack of a buffer in the ro water. Less an issue if you're using tap water because the minerals etc act as a buffer. Maybe something to keep an eye on.

Chevyracing

Chevyracing

The ph of my tap water is 7 so i ph down to 6.5 anyways

ahemait

ahemait

I'm using smaller pots as well, so things are more sensitive, yours look very healthy, I'm not trying to alarm you or anything : P

Chevyracing

Chevyracing

Just left the hydro store with koolbloom and sugarload molasses will adjust ph accordingly

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

They look nice and plump. Did you do any pre-flower defoliation? And are you going to defoliate again during flower? That would be called schwazzing I believe. I'm going to try that technique for the very first time with these.
(6th and final veg week)

20170707_084106-jpg.717862

Chevyracing

Chevyracing

Ive done 2 minor and 1 major defoliation over its life and plan to do 1 more major in a few weeks

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I'm going to try something like that on maybe a 2 of my plants with great hesitance. lol. Its my second serious grow. But for a first time grower you seem to know what your doing. Best of luck to you.

Chevyracing

Chevyracing

I'm going to try something like that on maybe a 2 of my plants with great hesitance. lol. Its my second serious grow. But for a first time grower you seem to know what your doing. Best of luck to you.
Im just learning as i go. I get alot of useful information from here, google, and youtube. Also have 2 friends who moved to CO growing commercially and they hook me up with tips and diagnosis when needed. Ive actually never even grown a fruit or a vegitable before. I traded one of my rigs for the led panel i have to a buddy and just sent it lol

Dan789

Dan789

Nice looking girls you've got. Just found this thread, my two cents on sugars is molasses. Just be careful as it lowers the ph quite a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom