First Time Grower - Indoors, NEED HELP/ADVICE **MANY PICTURES**

• Thread starter ELITE.NF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ELITE.NF

ELITE.NF

So I've taken pictures since the beginning and recently I went from small small little square start pots to big 5 gallon fabrics pots, at the same time I added some dry not soaked or even moist medium, not all 5 plants were introduced to dry soil but I can't remember which ones. Also same time I introduced them into an actually grow light from vivosun nothing fancy, I think it's 100 or 200 watts, less than 100 bucks I believe, and also started incorporating LST...

For the life of me I couldn't come to a for sure answer as to why my girls "cannabis plants" were looking so bad for.. I figured the genuine shock from so many new things in their environment, so of course they'll be in shock but I figured they'd pull through in couple weeks...

Still haven't and even look worse, I am pretty confident it is due to nute lockout. My soil pH is higher than 7 and I don't know exactly what my water is (it's on a farm well far from town) I'll definitely find out and measure immediately so I know for a good reference...

Through hours upon hours of research and due diligence, I need to flush my girls.... Best ways? I seen them dunking the fabric pots in water to halfway submerge them for fraction of a second.... I've seen just using garden hose to run water constantly through the medium and water just pouring from all sides and bottom. (I figured that much water would create root rot)

Curious if I'm even correct with what the problem is... second time on, in and using a forum ever and I'm 34!!! 😲 Crazy I know first time was an old paintball forum back in 2006 high school with maybe if a 100 people using the forum lol 🤷

I attached photos from the beginning in October to current
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 2
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 3
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 4
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 5
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 6
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 7
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 8
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 9
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 10
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 11
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 12
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 13
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 14
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 15
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 16
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 17
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 18
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 19
First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures 20

First time grower   indoors need helpadvice many pictures
ELITE.NF

ELITE.NF

I don't recommend it.

There are so many pictures and I'm sure there are multiple problems. With some help, they could recover. Tell us what soil and nutrients you're using, how you water your plants and the humidity and temperature.
S
oil

Where I live I'm on same property as a rose nursery so they order huge giant white fabric cubes of soil. Huge crane lift on heavy duty truck places bags.. so I used that soil... I tried looking on bag for any markings or babe anything. But the soil and medium seemed to resemble other growers, I assumed should be good... I'm the beginning the plants love that soil. Now not so much but I thought cuz they still was pretty dry and old that might be the issue

Nutrients

Kosher grow, I use as per website 3 grams per gallon of water, kosher base and kosher grow 3 grams of each in gallon, since probably the early weeks of life

Water

The soil since the transplant seems to never really have dried completely out so I'm hesitant to water but only maybe 4 - 8 FL ozs every 3 or 4 days, I water on top of soil, I did bottom feed once where I just put water in bottom of fabric pot so the roots stretched down

Straight from the well on property from the the tub into gallon jugs, then I don't put cap on jug I leave open in air for 24 to 48 hours, I heard that helps balance the water

Temp

Usually stays around 72 to 82 degrees

Humidity

Usually stays around 35 to 55 percent, a little higher after I water most the time

I'm so grateful and excited to be brainstorming and getting help, thank you for your time, help, effort and consideration

ELITE.NF

ELITE.NF

I know it don't matter but the picture are of 5 plants in two different tents

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm sorry to say those plants are in bad shape and might not be able to recover. I think there could be nutrient lockout or root problems. The soil might be too wet. It might help to stop watering for a while.

The first thing I would do is start foliar feeding. You'll need a sprayer and nutrients that are water soluble. I use Clean Kelp from Bloom City and Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per gallon). Any all-purpose nutrients should help. If the plants respond well, then that will tell us if they can be saved.

@GNick55, @Captspaulding or anyone else have any ideas?

ELITE.NF

ELITE.NF

I'm sorry to say those plants are in bad shape and might not be able to recover. I think there could be nutrient lockout or root problems. The soil might be too wet. It might help to stop watering for a while.

The first thing I would do is start foliar feeding. You'll need a sprayer and nutrients that are water soluble. I use Clean Kelp from Bloom City and Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per gallon). Any all-purpose nutrients should help. If the plants respond well, then that will tell us if they can be saved.

@GNick55, @Captspaulding or anyone else have any ideas?
I do have Epson salt does it matter what type of brand? Just 1 tablespoon per gallon of water and what does it do?

ELITE.NF

ELITE.NF

I don't recommend it.

There are so many pictures and I'm sure there are multiple problems. With some help, they could recover. Tell us what soil and nutrients you're using, how you water your plants and the humidity and temperature.
What are the downfalls of dunking or flushing...? Figured it can't hurt... Especially if it's in nute lockout and has salt buildup

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I do have Epson salt does it matter what type of brand? Just 1 tablespoon per gallon of water and what does it do?
Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate (MgSO4). It's important for photosynthesis. Be sure to use pure magnesium sulfate.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What are the downfalls of dunking or flushing...? Figured it can't hurt... Especially if it's in nute lockout and has salt buildup
Flushing removes nutrients from the soil, starving the plant. So, you'd need to add nutrients to replace those removed by flushing. Nutrient lockout is when the plant can't use the nutrients that are in the soil. It isn't caused by nutrients unless they're out of proper proportion. Do it if you think it can't hurt.

D

dazedays

Late to the party, but I’m curious if others would agree. I think ph was the main issue. Op mentioned unknown soil type, I’m guessing rose bed soil. Which would be a high acid blend. I would recommend a ph down or baking soda, 1 Tb/g. And then just maintain watering going forward with water @ a ph of 5.8-6.5.

ELITE.NF

ELITE.NF

Late to the party, but I’m curious if others would agree. I think ph was the main issue. Op mentioned unknown soil type, I’m guessing rose bed soil. Which would be a high acid blend. I would recommend a ph down or baking soda, 1 Tb/g. And then just maintain watering going forward with water @ a ph of 5.8-6.5.
Yes your right bro. Wish I'd known that when I posted but it's all good I learned the hard way

figolus

figolus

Hello, I have the impression (based on picture) that your plants have a lack of N, too much water, defoliation of the fan leaves too early, light too close and too far at the beginning.... Let's see what others will tell you.

ELITE.NF

ELITE.NF

Hello, I have the impression (based on picture) that your plants have a lack of N, too much water, defoliation of the fan leaves too early, light too close and too far at the beginning.... Let's see what others will tell you.
Nope just being lazy not pH water

Top Bottom