First Time Grower Long Time Smoker

• Thread starter BonMassacre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
guymandude

guymandude

can you duplicate that person's set up? seems that would be the easiest option since it obviously worked

BonMassacre

BonMassacre

can you duplicate that person's set up? seems that would be the easiest option since it obviously worked

This is an overall better set up especially for me personally. The other set up was a tiny box with completely different equipment. And I don't have access to that. Just ordered an inline fan with more ducting and charcoal filter. Need to move the cord from the ballast from the top part of the tent as seen in photos to that smaller, tied off port just don't feel like taking apart the light again right now lol I'll wait till I get the inline to reset it up. So close to getting this rolling that it's not even funny at this point.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
This is an overall better set up especially for me personally. The other set up was a tiny box with completely different equipment. And I don't have access to that. Just ordered an inline fan with more ducting and charcoal filter. Need to move the cord from the ballast from the top part of the tent as seen in photos to that smaller, tied off port just don't feel like taking apart the light again right now lol I'll wait till I get the inline to reset it up. So close to getting this rolling that it's not even funny at this point.
Time to pop the seeds, they wont need to go in the tent for a while.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey all, I'm Tori. I've had chronic pain and PTSD coupled with anorexia most of my life (about 15 years) and have decided to start my first grow so I know what I'm ingesting and the quality of the product of medicine I will be growing.
Here we go! I have my grow tent set up complete with light, humidifier and fan now I'm just struggling with getting the temps and humidity just right so that I can start my plants. I will be growing in coco coir indoors. Any and all advice is appreciated. I will get photos uploaded when I can.
Hi Tori, and welcome to the farm!

My advice is to *not* treat coir like soil, because it isn't. It locks onto Ca and K (calcium and potassium) so unless you've purchased a brand that's been treated (pre-rinsed and pre-charged with those elements) you're going to want to make absolutely certain the coir is clean of all salts and has those molecular sites already bound to Ca and K. Most folks use a mild vegging solution at about 250-300ppm (around .5EC IIRC) with extra Ca in the mix.
Wonderful! A fans in the budget. Was trial running the tent to make sure there are no issues before I start my seeds and this temp/humidity control was driving me crazy! My goal harvest is by my birthday, 3/9 ♓
I'm a Pisces, too. :D
Not in the desert unfortunately. This is what I'm working with. A member from this site grew just fine in the very room I'm growing in with a completely different setup.
I'm in the desert, too. :)

BonMassacre

BonMassacre

Here is my set up: Apollo Horticulture grow tent 36 x 20 x 62 HTG 400w HPS high pressure sodium Ballast, budge wing reflector, GC400w ceramic metal halide. Exhaust 6" high velocity fan, pending shipment of my 6" inline fan with charcoal scrubber and more ducting. Got a little humidifier in the tent and with all supplies including my seeds, nutrients and monitors/meters/timers my grow set up is exactly at $872.13 :]

BonMassacre

BonMassacre

Hi Tori, and welcome to the farm!

My advice is to *not* treat coir like soil, because it isn't. It locks onto Ca and K (calcium and potassium) so unless you've purchased a brand that's been treated (pre-rinsed and pre-charged with those elements) you're going to want to make absolutely certain the coir is clean of all salts and has those molecular sites already bound to Ca and K. Most folks use a mild vegging solution at about 250-300ppm (around .5EC IIRC) with extra Ca in the mix.

I'm a Pisces, too. :D

I'm in the desert, too. :)
Thank you! I've been told to flush the coco I have a few times and check the ppms which I'll be doing today to get the seeds started. =^.^= I'm glad I have guidance on and off this site, this is going to be a new experience for me!

guymandude

guymandude

flushing depends on what coco you get. I've flushed Botanicare coco bricks before and got about 500 ppm in run off. Canna coco gives zero ppms when flushed.

Will you be keeping mother plants or just going right from seed to veg to flower in coco?

BonMassacre

BonMassacre

I have enough seeds that I'll just start the processes. Maybe I'll do a mother plant but I plan to pack up and move this time next year so I just want to do a few runs, nothing crazy.

BonMassacre

BonMassacre

Update: germinated seeds starting 11/5. temps and humidity are so so now that I've added the inline fan. I'm so excited! will post photos when I see these pop.

Top Bottom