First time grower looking at rdwc design questions and advice

• Thread starter sincerelyFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sincerelyFarmer

sincerelyFarmer

I finish up a build for a grow room in my basement. Room is 21'x16' I have it mostly sealed and ready to go. I am one of those people who loves to complicate stuff so ofcourse I went out and bought 6 17gal tubs and a 27 gal for a res from the local home Depot and had planned on doing a current culture Under current clone build. But as I sit here about to drill holes I am wondering am I setting myself up for a bad time?

First time grower looking at rdwc design questions and advice

What are your environmental controls?
my room is connected to HVAC for the rest of the house.

What are your goals i.e. max harvest via monocrop clones or variety of strains grown simultaneously?
I only smoke concentrates these days so I assumed I would need to shoot for max yeilds as I'm gunna lose a bit from the pressing process.

Where are you located in the world?
I'm in Missouri/Oklahoma region of the US.

What is your source water?
the tap it's basically hard water. I do have a distillation machine I was going to use dilute the water.

What do you plan to use for nutes?
Tri flora for now but planned on using jack 321 when I can afford to buy it.

Lighting?
I have one hlg 600 rspec right now

How close is the drain?
So there is a furnace condensation drain 2 ft outside that door I also have a sump about 8 ft away from the condensation drain. My basement did come with what I think is roughed in sewage for a bathroom down here but it is on the other side of the basement. I would need like a 40ft hose to reach. I am honestly not sure which of these I can use.
Image 1

Red is for my 2" piping for my return yellow is just 3/4" pex connected to 2x 2 port manifold and 1 closed 2 port manifold.
I want to do something that will help keep roots from just clogging my entire system and dumping it's blood all over my floor.
Hopefully that is enough for someone to tell me I have any business doing this or not.

Z

Zill

How much have you budgeted for monthly electric usage?

Z.

steamroller

steamroller

Thinking you will need more light but not sure of foot print you plan.
No disrespect to the scorpion, but I favor bar lights, especially in large grow areas.
I have a killer pump info if you are still in the market. Just say I have posted more than a few links to it.
This pump will help keep water temps down and hopefully your AC will handle the rest?

sincerelyFarmer

sincerelyFarmer

How much have you budgeted for monthly electric usage?

Z.
Well right now I'm shelling out 40-50 dollars a gram and I'm burning through 2-3 grams so like $140 per week.
Even if I ran a 1000 watts from the room 24/7 it's like 80 dollars a month at my electric price where I live. So I don't think I would out run my current costs

sincerelyFarmer

sincerelyFarmer

Thinking you will need more light but not sure of foot print you plan.
No disrespect to the scorpion, but I favor bar lights, especially in large grow areas.
I have a killer pump info if you are still in the market. Just say I have posted more than a few links to it.
This pump will help keep water temps down and hopefully your AC will handle the rest?
I picked up the 600 rspec for lime 350$ so the price was just beyond correct I do plan one running 3 areas in there 6 flower 6 veg and a tent for babies. But that's all long term I spent a ton of cash just building out the room so right now I just want to get at least 4x4 of this room going which will be 4 of my 6 pot setup.
I'll buy a big bar lights that will cover my full floor print eventually if I need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom