First time grower need help

• Thread starter Mayko71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PooToe

PooToe

just finished planting 4-5 days ago and one has sprouted through but the rest have not does this plant look good for its growth age
Looks good. Give them a few more days. In soil it tends to take a little longer than if you use the paper towel method and transplant. Are you keeping them warm? What sort of lighting are you using for them?

M

Mayko71

Looks good. Give them a few more days. In soil it tends to take a little longer than if you use the paper towel method and transplant. Are you keeping them warm? What sort of lighting are you using for them?
I did paper towel method till they opened up and rooted a bit then placed in soil I have them in a 70 degree room under blue lights the ones that have sprouted yet I still have plastic over them

IMG 9190
PooToe

PooToe

LOL! Sorry! I thought you had planted them without sprouting them first.

How deep did you plant the sprouts? I try and plant mine around 1/2" under the soil line. What kind of "blue light" is that? A T5 bulb works well for seedlings. Some people use heat mats to keep the media warm depending on where you have your seedlings where it may be cold wherever your putting them.

I'd raise the temp a little to around 72°. Sometimes, when it takes them a little longer to sprout, it's because it's not warm enough for them to sprout above ground. Each cultivar is a little different but yours may be right at that edge where 70° is a degree or two too cold for them to sprout but that one seed was able to even with the temp not quite where it likes it.

M

Mayko71

LOL! Sorry! I thought you had planted them without sprouting them first.

How deep did you plant the sprouts? I try and plant mine around 1/2" under the soil line. What kind of "blue light" is that? A T5 bulb works well for seedlings. Some people use heat mats to keep the media warm depending on where you have your seedlings where it may be cold wherever your putting them.

I'd raise the temp a little to around 72°. Sometimes, when it takes them a little longer to sprout, it's because it's not warm enough for them to sprout above ground. Each cultivar is a little different but yours may be right at that edge where 70° is a degree or two too cold for them to sprout but that one seed was able to even with the temp not quite where it likes it.
I

M

Mayko71

I bumped up heat and I tried todo half inch in dirt this is the light I’m using right now do you think the one that did sprout though look pretty good?

PooToe

PooToe

OK...according to the stats you posted you're going to need something with more umol/m². Minimum I would give a seedling is 100 umol/m². Your light maxes out at 21.76 umol/m².

Where(Bedroom, Garage, Living Room, etc.) will you be growing these seedlings? Will you be utilizing a tent to contain your environment? What is your goal in growing cannabis(perpetual smoke, just seeing what growing is all about, etc.)? What type of soil are you using?

If you really want to do this right you're going to need to be able to provide a space that you have some measure of control over the temperature and humidity. You'll also need a better light to be able to provide the lighting these plants want. Understand that these plants are both nutrient and light whores but they will reward you with explosive growth if done right.

I would start out with a 2 x 2 tent that you can grow 1 or 2 plants in. I would outfit the 2 x 2 tent with a ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro light. IMO, this is the best 2 x 2 light you can currently buy. They are around $100 on Amazon. They have a similar model that is not the Pro model. Get the Pro model.

M

Mayko71

OK...according to the stats you posted you're going to need something with more umol/m². Minimum I would give a seedling is 100 umol/m². Your light maxes out at 21.76 umol/m².

Where(Bedroom, Garage, Living Room, etc.) will you be growing these seedlings? Will you be utilizing a tent to contain your environment? What is your goal in growing cannabis(perpetual smoke, just seeing what growing is all about, etc.)? What type of soil are you using?

If you really want to do this right you're going to need to be able to provide a space that you have some measure of control over the temperature and humidity. You'll also need a better light to be able to provide the lighting these plants want. Understand that these plants are both nutrient and light whores but they will reward you with explosive growth if done right.

I would start out with a 2 x 2 tent that you can grow 1 or 2 plants in. I would outfit the 2 x 2 tent with a ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro light. IMO, this is the best 2 x 2 light you can currently buy. They are around $100 on Amazon. They have a similar model that is not the Pro model. Get the Pro model.
Thanks for your help

Top Bottom