First time grower. Need some insight

• Thread starter Lc9tony
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lc9tony

Lc9tony

I just transplated these Mac 1 clones from Rockwell to the solocups 5 days ago. Im using fox farms ocean forest. And misting the medium with clonex every two days. I'm running a roi e680s at 30in from canopy at 50% . My Temps 71-75 and humidity at 60% . Any reason why my plants look like this?? Could it be from stress?
20211011_122520.jpg
20211011_122520.jpg

First time grower need some insight 2
First time grower need some insight 3
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Is it a 680 true Watt light? I'm not familiar with the model. If it is that's a lot of light for those little plants. Got a light meter?

Lc9tony

Lc9tony

Is it a 680 true Watt light? I'm not familiar with the model. If it is that's a lot of light for those little plants. Got a light meter?
The brand of the light is growers choice, I've been going off the PAR meter measurements some guy did with the same exact light on YouTube .

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

The brand of the light is growers choice, I've been going off the PAR meter measurements some guy did with the same exact light on YouTube .
Fair enough. I prefer to go to the source and measure what it's actually delivering to my buds, individual performance of lights can vary wildly. YouTube vid is a good start but I measure mine constantly, especially as they stretch and you have different bits of the plant exposed to different levels of light. Tough to do with guess work. Meters are free 😉

Lc9tony

Lc9tony

I installed a lux meter on my phone just now. It's at about 15500 lux from canopy which converts to around 356.5 umol/s/m2

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Which based on my understanding is not that high. Be aware if you're using Android your meter week be at least 20% too low. I advise checking Migro's chart that shows how far off accurate your app is compared to an expensive lux meter. If you're on iPhone 12 or better using Photone you'll only be 5-10% low, but some Android apps are as much as 40% off. Just a heads up. I'll be interested to see what the experienced heads around here say. Will watch to see what they come up with. I know nothing about growing in soil so can't help there

Lc9tony

Lc9tony

Did you water them?
Yes , 3 days ago and my partner watered them under a sink lol. Could also have been over waterered. They're getting dry though, was going to give it an extra day to mist/water them because if I stick my finger down into the soil it's still a little moist

Ponky

Ponky

Yes , 3 days ago and my partner watered them under a sink lol. Could also have been over waterered. They're getting dry though, was going to give it an extra day to mist/water them because if I stick my finger down into the soil it's still a little moist
Water them. Make sure they're draining. No need to mist. In the next 5 days they should have perked up. Grown up enough to transplant. Maybe even a small amount of fertilizer

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Leaves rolling up like they are and burning, I'd say the plants are light stressed. Turn the light down and give them time to recover.
Feed them they are starving. Look at the red stems. Give them a good soaking right away and then keep them moist. Check them at 7am and again at 7pm for the rest of your grow! No excuses. You don't need a bunch of fancy fertilizers. A little 1 L plastic watering can a teaspoon and a little Pro Mix from the hardware store is all you need.

If they where my plants. The tops are badly burned and not likely to survive. I'd pinch them all off at the first node. Then stick them under a couple of 75wt CFLs for 30 days. Feed 1/4 strength 5-15-5 for 2 weeks then Veg 1/2 strength 12-6-6 and these will bounce right back. When they are looking good bump the light back up a little at a time.
Don't push!

Right away. Watch a few videos on youtube. Search for Mainlining and low stress training. Bend a few large paperclips like candy canes. And have fun.

When you are ready to flower switch to this.

Mix 50 50
Promix 3-6-12 <-- You can feed this one to your slow grow mother plants. 14-8 cycle.
Promix 5 -15- 5
--------- add them up
= 8-21-17 For flowering This works great. Add little Calcium water with boiled egg water.once in a while.
Promix

Last edited:
Lc9tony

Lc9tony

Then you're fine to water. And they do enjoy a little less light. If it's too close they won't like it. Expect to see the stalk a bit more green and the plant should widen out. If they perk up within an hour of watering they're doing fine.
The rockwell cube still has some moisture to it though, Should I give the plant some time to get used to the adjusted light height then water first thing in the morning tomorrow?

Ponky

Ponky

The rockwell cube still has some moisture to it though, Should I give the plant some time to get used to the adjusted light height then water first thing in the morning tomorrow?
No if they're thirsty they need it. If that media is dry they could be dead by morning. Did you remove the plastic from the outside of the cube?

Lc9tony

Lc9tony

These are the nutes I have for this grow. I haven't used any yet.. Shoutout millspaysthebills for the free starter pack. I gave them a spray of clonex along with water. Made sure their was some drainage as well.

20211011 200255
20211011 200309
20211011 200312
20211011 200321
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Well I'm happy you have your first grow under way. Wish I didn't have to tell you that your plants are all sick already.
They look over watered. Let them dry out before you water them again. Don't kill them with kindness!
See the way the leaves are hooking under at the tips. To much nitrogen.
Light levels could be a little high.
The Yellowish streaks on the leaves. front right plant. Lack of Phosphorus.
Reddish stem. Front left plant. Lack of potassium.

That's an impressive collection of nutrients. But in reality you only need $20.00 worth of Pro Mix or Miracle grow and a little watering can.
Promix 2

The Kiss Principal. stands for keep it simple stupid. And no I don't think your stupid. It just works for me.
Look on youtube for mainlining and low stress training. ASAP. Watch a few videos and get after them.
Grab a bottle of Pro mix 12-6-6 and use it 1/2 strength. Your plants will green up and be OK in a few days.
Leave all that stuff on the back shelf on the back shelf for now.

Last edited:
Lc9tony

Lc9tony

Got some progress, transplanted them into 3 gal and used some mykos on the roots. Light feeding of nutes. 😁

20211016 115849
20211016 115838
20211016 115854
20211014 190356
Top Bottom