first time grower needs advice how im doing

• Thread starter littlechef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

littlechef

thanks, do you think she will get an oz? how can i determine how much bud i will harvest

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
thanks, do you think she will get an oz? how can i determine how much bud i will harvest
I don't think that you will get an Oz, but you will get something, which is good, as well as a lot of experience with this grow. Determining your expected harvest is pretty hard in advance, since buds can grow pretty big and the final weight would be determined by the growing factors... enough light and nutrients to allow it to grow vigorously. Yo.ur plant looks like it would benefit from a lot more light, as it seems a little leggy to me. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but when plants don't get enough light, they tend to spread out more to keep from self shading any leaves or growth points. You didn't mention the type of lighting that you are using, but they really DO take a lot of light to get bigger and stocky plants.
You have done a good job in growing the plant, but small plants don't need much nutrients (compared to larger plants) and it is easy to overfeed, as you seem to think you are on the edge of doing. I thin you would be doing a lot better if you simply increased your light levels. As I mentioned, your plant looks good and healthy, it just seems to be a little low on light intensity. I would recommend letting the plant flower for at least another 4-6 weeks or even more as it looks like a Sativa, which can sometimes flower for 12-14 weeks or more, depending on the strain. It's not too late to add more light, since the buds seem to grow much bigger when directly exposed to light... the plant won't grow much bigger but your buds will!

L

littlechef

I don't think that you will get an Oz, but you will get something, which is good, as well as a lot of experience with this grow. Determining your expected harvest is pretty hard in advance, since buds can grow pretty big and the final weight would be determined by the growing factors... enough light and nutrients to allow it to grow vigorously. Yo.ur plant looks like it would benefit from a lot more light, as it seems a little leggy to me. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but when plants don't get enough light, they tend to spread out more to keep from self shading any leaves or growth points. You didn't mention the type of lighting that you are using, but they really DO take a lot of light to get bigger and stocky plants.
You have done a good job in growing the plant, but small plants don't need much nutrients (compared to larger plants) and it is easy to overfeed, as you seem to think you are on the edge of doing. I thin you would be doing a lot better if you simply increased your light levels. As I mentioned, your plant looks good and healthy, it just seems to be a little low on light intensity. I would recommend letting the plant flower for at least another 4-6 weeks or even more as it looks like a Sativa, which can sometimes flower for 12-14 weeks or more, depending on the strain. It's not too late to add more light, since the buds seem to grow much bigger when directly exposed to light... the plant won't grow much bigger but your buds will!
thanks for the reply this is my first grow . im running a 300w led light. im not sure i understand what you mean by more light? like add another led light?

Deke

Deke

You need between 40-50 watts per sq ft. To promote optimal flowering. That light you have might say 300w, but it doesn't pull 300w at the wall. That is where you determine the w per sq ft.
Your plant is tall with fairly long internodal lengths. The top will get good light but the buds toward the bottom will not. And they can actually hinder your bud production up top.
Next plant, a little LST , or topping would help you a lot. That way all your buds will be at nearly the same height, thus all getting even adequate light.

L

littlechef

thank you all for the support. recently i used 1tsp of big bud 1tsp bud candy and 1 tsp of tiger bloom. i defentley burned ilthe plant a little. was hoping. you guys could help me with a mix. but since i nut burned my plant. do i just use water. for my next watering. im only watering oune a week. and big bud. is only good up to the 4th week on tue bottle ot says

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
thanks for the reply this is my first grow . im running a 300w led light. im not sure i understand what you mean by more light? like add another led light?
In a nutshell, yes. As was mentioned, the actual wattage is determined by the current draw from the wall and not by what the LED is advertised as being... if the bulb only draws 150 watts of energy from the wall socket, then the actual LED output MUST be less due to inefficiencies in operations. This is mostly a marketing ploy that hasn't yet been standardized. I would double or possibly use 3 of the LED lights that you are using. You will see a remarkable difference between the way your plants grow. I know it sounds like too much light, but it is hard to provide too much light with standalone lights. The other recommendations others have said about training/LST are great points. You are doing well, just keep building on your experience and things will improve greatly.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
thank you all for the support. recently i used 1tsp of big bud 1tsp bud candy and 1 tsp of tiger bloom. i defentley burned ilthe plant a little. was hoping. you guys could help me with a mix. but since i nut burned my plant. do i just use water. for my next watering. im only watering oune a week. and big bud. is only good up to the 4th week on tue bottle ot says
If it is showing bad signs of burning, then a flush might be needed. It's easy to feed them too much, but it comes with experience... you learned a valuable lesson. I would flush with plain water once or twice and see how it responds. It might be necessary to add a very low level of feeding to give the plant something to use until you get the soil/medium back to where it supports life.
As you grow, you will hear many conflicting stories about flushing or not, feeding frequency, watering, and every other variable. Discover what works best for you and don't believe most manufacturers recommendations... they sell to make money. There is a TON of info on this site, with a lot of it coming from many old time growers. Take advantage of the search button and keep up the good work. Answers are only a few clicks away if you get stuck!

L

littlechef

If it is showing bad signs of burning, then a flush might be needed. It's easy to feed them too much, but it comes with experience... you learned a valuable lesson. I would flush with plain water once or twice and see how it responds. It might be necessary to add a very low level of feeding to give the plant something to use until you get the soil/medium back to where it supports life.
As you grow, you will hear many conflicting stories about flushing or not, feeding frequency, watering, and every other variable. Discover what works best for you and don't believe most manufacturers recommendations... they sell to make money. There is a TON of info on this site, with a lot of it coming from many old time growers. Take advantage of the search button and keep up the good work. Answers are only a few clicks away if you get stuck!
well its not burnt bad. only a couple of leaves. got burnt. mabye max 3-4 leaves and its only a little like i showed in the video

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

well its not burnt bad. only a couple of leaves. got burnt. mabye max 3-4 leaves and its only a little like i showed in the video
The video is a bit jumpy, but I don't really see burnt tips..Looks like you may have dripped something on some leaves. Also, it could be shadows, but some leaves look to be getting patches of WPM (white powdery mold). if so, get rid of that stuff (not so easy I am afraid..I have been battling it all year)

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

The video is a bit jumpy, but I don't really see burnt tips..Looks like you may have dripped something on some leaves. Also, it could be shadows, but some leaves look to be getting patches of WPM (white powdery mold). if so, get rid of that stuff (not so easy I am afraid..I have been battling it all year)

Dust sulfur?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
After watching the video, I didn't really see any problems at all other than some possible burning or something on a few leaf lobe edges... nothing like nute burn. I usually pinch off the top growth on my plants before they begin to grow alternately to give me a few main colas, but it isn't necessary in all cases. It depends on your style and what you prefer... there is NO way to grow that is good for everyone. One potential problem that can happen to using a lot of training methods is that you can sometimes develop a thick and full canopy and have all of the buds getting light and being about the same size... but the light penetration beneath the canopy is pretty minimal, so yields can be lower in some cases. A lot of growers don't really use side lighting and concentrate in overhead light. A taller plant with a lot of side growth can provide a pretty hefty yield as well.

L

littlechef

i will update back in a couple weeks. hopefully with some good progress. i appreciate all your guys help!:)

H

hawkman

you can run the 300 - 12 inches from top of plant in flower -- good looking plant but a bit lanky due to light being too far away form plant

Top Bottom