First time grower needs advice

• Thread starter Kenny J
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kenny J

Hi folks, I just got my card, and I tried it for the first time. It relieved my pain, and I want to grow a little at home.

I bought three clones, and planted them in 8 gallon pots. I live in northern Cali, and I have a back yard that gets lots of sun. I also have room in my garage if that is the best way.

Cam anyone tell me what I should do if I grow them outside, or if I grow them indoors? My friend says he has grow lights and a humidifier, but I have no idea if that is what I need, or if I grow indoors, what else I would need.

Any growers advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kenny J

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

theres way to much info that needs to be covered. your best bet is going to barnes and noble or amazon.com and picking up a book or two. there are plenty of books and forums that will help your understanding. Learn the basics of the plant, then accommodate your plants with what best will suit them.

Drifting13

Drifting13

Well we are coming up on 12hours light & 12 hours dark on about Sept21. So if you want you could grow indoors under lights until they are large enough to flower. Then move them outdoors and let mother-nature do the rest. One note of caution where ever you put your plants outside make sure you won't get any extra light, like a street lamp or a neighbors motion-sensor flood lamps.
I have used indoor/outdoor on several occasions including right now. ;-}
Well said Theoneandonly Z gotta have a good book on growing.
Hope this helps.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I don't know how big you clones are, but if they are the norm...you should of started with smaller pots, you want them to dry out, smaller pot at first allow you to easly move, water, flush and they take up less space.

So you have it....Definitely do your reading... start at basics from germination, seedlings/starts, early veg, to flowering.
and everything that goes with it. read more than one grow book, get your self Hightimes and Skunk magazines, google alot of your questions. not really questions per say but on any info say "ph for cannabis" and read the different articles or sites.
the more you read of different views or versions you'll be able to find what works for you.

Youtube is also good for info on about every aspect of growing, somebody has it on video. you might have to fine tune you inquiries to find what your looking for. right now prolly too late for outdoor, at least it is here...lol
you need a secure place.. SECURE! be able to get fresh clean water, clean cool air, safe electric... Get your room set up as soon as you can. don't do it halfass.
Start small...your 3 is fine. easier to learn that way. READ ReAd rAeD read...:bookworm:

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

My advise...

Keep it small and simple. Plan your work and work your plan. Don't deviate with advanced techniques until you have a few harvests under your belt.

If your friend has a grow light, I would take them up on borrowing it.

Grow in soil as it is more forgiving to newbie mistakes.

Use a simple 1 part nutrient. 1 for veg. and 1 for bloom. Don't mess with bloom boosters.

If you start with good genetics, and concentrate on maximizing your environment, you should have good results.

Good luck and have fun.

M

Motherhugger

Hi folks, I just got my card, and I tried it for the first time. It relieved my pain, and I want to grow a little at home.

I bought three clones, and planted them in 8 gallon pots. I live in northern Cali, and I have a back yard that gets lots of sun. I also have room in my garage if that is the best way.

Cam anyone tell me what I should do if I grow them outside, or if I grow them indoors? My friend says he has grow lights and a humidifier, but I have no idea if that is what I need, or if I grow indoors, what else I would need.

Any growers advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kenny J

So, there's a lot of stuff you need to know - and it's going to be hard to put it all in one post. Reading the posts on this forum (and others) will be good, but so will just starting things off and seeing what happens.

Chances are good that you'll learn some things, especially from mistakes, things that will help you understand how to do things better the next time.

I would also suggest picking up some books like Marijuana Horticulture, and checking out some detailed grow plans that people post on these forums.

good luck!

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I agree withe the oneandonly z. your best bet is to go to your local hastings first so you don't have to wait for it in the mail.
THE VERY FIRST book you should invest in is "Marijuana grow basics" by "Jorge Cervantes". This is the perfect book to prepare somebody that has never grown, to grow. Its very informational as far as teaching you what you need. Its the absolute basics so don't worry about brain overload.
The next 2 books to get AFTER you have read through the first one is "Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook" and "Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Grow Bible" these two books are equally as good, but completely different styles. ed Rosenthal's books is more on the scientific side and Jorges book is all experience. these two books will go more in depth on everything that you previously learned.
I have just, successfully, finished my first grow about a month ago and I got about .69 GPW which I was very impressed by. 3k watts got me around 4.6 pounds. Growing your own quality medicine is very easy, you simply just have to know what your doing, you need to know your plants.... be the plant, think like the pant, eat like the plant. My babies are my pride and joy so I constantly make sure they are OK. And if anytime I can't figure out a problem I come on here and ask my TF friends for help and advice. Make buddies with sea maiden, she's my number one when it comes to good informative answers. :) happy growing my friend

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Bannaci is right too. Google and YouTube are your friend. I'll give you some links to some very informative growers on YouTube.

GrowerMD http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2qf7Cl4b-3db1s3tQ0ANHQ

Grow greener guru http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCbxQtiBGOXbpKY4EAWo_weQ

Growing with Mr. Tight
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIv9IocXJ2s4ap_WgBIKIVQ

Hygrohybrid
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-lfTiFSiHioPynUYPCjkw

Jason Wilcox
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UChpiQjL38lHQfMkxHbo3_uw

Jorge Cervantes
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeH4pozs0NPJn0CW5cvbt5A

Bannacis

Bannacis

Best things to do is to never get in over your head, keep it simple, stay in your means, dont sweat the small stuff, you want to have a happy caring Karma... Love what you do and Do what you love and she will bless you with biig butiful buds...
Read your books...re read em too, take notes and find your niche... be it scrog, trees, supercropping/lst or all...
practice taking clones... a few harvest of same strain will allow you to learn at a consistant way, so you can dial in your skills.

Keeper green

Top Bottom