First Time Grower: New Growth Yellowing Margins and Tips

• Thread starter Substance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Substance

Substance

Hi,
This is my 1st Grow and i ran into some issues started panicking casue dont wanna fail please help!

Grow Info:

-Strain:6x Special Queen RQS
3x Sapphire Scout Humbolt Seeds

-Grow Tent 3x3

-600W Dual Spectrum Connected To Cool Tube

-Carbon Filter+Exaust Fan

-Plants are planted in 11L pots in Guanokalong Complete Mix and have only been waterd with 6.5-6.8PHd water

-Temps: Day 77f/ Night 68-67f

-Humidity 39-44%

Plants are in week 3 Veg and wanted to flip em to flower but past 3 days i noticed yellowing on the top of the plants im not sure what is casue of it,Sapphire Scout seems to be exibiting the problem more while some plants dont have yellowing at all and seem complety fine. Need some advice tnx.

First time grower new growth yellowing margins and tips
First time grower new growth yellowing margins and tips 2
First time grower new growth yellowing margins and tips 3
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i think you have a potassium deficiency could be from a ph lockout??
those lights are far away and there would be other signs as well..
though i’m not for sure.

Substance

Substance

i think you have a potassium deficiency could be from a ph lockout??
those lights are far away and there would be other signs as well..
though i’m not for sure.
Growing organic havent feed em yet so it might be potassium def
Growing in Complete Mix soil and yellowing started few days ago plants are now 3+weeks old

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
than i would google and try to see if that’s what it is as you know what your doing and your set up.. what you don’t understand or unsure of than come back here..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it could very well be the light than. why are you not using a metal halide during veg?

Justjay

Justjay

I don’t think it’s a light issue . Those are really far away . And be from what I’ve read when deficiencies come in to play it’s lower growth first . If your growing organic I’d def use some molasses unsulphered . That will keep the microbes in The soil happy . 1tbsp per gallon . Also grab a ph\tds meter . I’m growing pineapple skunk organically and haven’t had any issues with yellowing at all . But the buds just aren’t fattening up . Prolly light issue . But I’d def invest in The ph and go from there . Usually you don’t see a lot of burning with organic . Did you check for parasites ?

Substance

Substance

I don’t think it’s a light issue . Those are really far away . And be from what I’ve read when deficiencies come in to play it’s lower growth first . If your growing organic I’d def use some molasses unsulphered . That will keep the microbes in The soil happy . 1tbsp per gallon . Also grab a ph\tds meter . I’m growing pineapple skunk organically and haven’t had any issues with yellowing at all . But the buds just aren’t fattening up . Prolly light issue . But I’d def invest in The ph and go from there . Usually you don’t see a lot of burning with organic . Did you check for parasites ?
i got ph meter a good 1 and ph down , i placed sticky traps no bug or leaf damage other then yellowing on tips and margins on top of crown newgrowth
so i dont think its bugs .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is not true. Deficiencies that are mobile start low down. Immobile will be new growth and some are semi mobile in a sense. Deficiencies can start anywhere on a plant.

Substance

Substance

it could very well be the light than. why are you not using a metal halide during veg?
Im using dual spectrum light so that shouldnt be the issue reason behind it cause was runnnin low on cash and i read that dual spectrum is ok

Substance

Substance

Looks like light burn to me... could also be potassium but I would lean to the light... spectrum has nothing to do with light burn. Its the intensity.
Tnx for the reply dude!

I already put lights to max distance and incresed airflow by bumpin up speed on oscilatin fans ,
will give it light feed once the soil is dry,and wait to see what happens i was suspectin on light burn myself

Substance

Substance

#update

ok so after the lights went off and upon further examination i found this leaf damage any1 know whats causing it ?
it shows on older growth im thinkin it might be from water condesnating on leafs and gettin burned by light?

20210201 221920
20210201 222004
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
#update

ok so after the lights went off and upon further examination i found this leaf damage any1 know whats causing it ?
it shows on older growth im thinkin it might be from water condesnating on leafs and gettin burned by light?
same issue

Top Bottom