First time grower/poster - long time lurker

• Thread starter traeold420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
traeold420

traeold420

Hi all first timer growing been lurking a long time. I started these off in November and they are around 6.5 weeks or so old.

Light: Mars Hydro TS3000 (26" off canopy)
7 gallon smart pots
started in FF happy frog and transplanted about 4 weeks ago into OF.
soil ph from blue labs probe is 6.28 at the roots, watering in around 6.4.
temp 74
RH 53-55

I fed half doses of grow big, cal-mag and big bloom about 16 days ago and got slight nute burn and was a little N-toxed. went straight RO ( with nothing added) for 2 waters (getting water every 4 days or so). lollipopped on Saturday and watered with tap PhD to 6.4 fed half big bloom and calmag. started seeing what looks like to be P deficiency with purple stems but possibly calcium? any ideas?

thinking is washed away some minerals/nutes with those two RO waters. not sure if I should flush or just start adding more cal/mag and pk booster? any help is appreciated.

First time growerposter   long time lurker
First time growerposter   long time lurker 2
Jakecan

Jakecan

Great job! they look really happy! I would say your substrate still has plenty of nutes, back off feeding her nutes for a week or so but keep checking the PH of your runoff. When you do begin to add nutrients again do what you were doing. Start with half strength and go from there.

What are you growing by the way?

traeold420

traeold420

Great job! they look really happy! I would say your substrate still has plenty of nutes, back off feeding her nutes for a week or so but keep checking the PH of your runoff. When you do begin to add nutrients again do what you were doing. Start with half strength and go from there.

What are you growing by the way?
The one that I posted is Skywalker ghost kush. I also have an amnesia haze plant next to her. Amnesia is showing a little of the purple spotting. Less than Skywalker. Really wonder if the RO stripped them.

20211206 154817
Reactions: PK1
traeold420

traeold420

Is there a reason you are watering with RO? I would check the PPM of your runoff next water and go from there.
i ran RO twice becsause i fed too early. even though i fed half dose i had nute burn. 2 RO waters and now i use Phd tap water.

traeold420

traeold420

i agree with that, easy off on the nutrients and give it water. The nuts will settle and fall in range again.
ok sounds good ill go back to giving ph tap water and keep assessing. the overall health is good aside from the purple spotting and stems

Jakecan

Jakecan

i ran RO twice becsause i fed too early. even though i fed half dose i had nute burn. 2 RO waters and now i use Phd tap water.
Next time! If you feel you've given your plants too much nutrients I would just flush with regular tap water if your tap water is okay to use.

traeold420

traeold420

Next time! If you feel you've given your plants too much nutrients I would just flush with regular tap water if your tap water is okay to use.
ok thank you for the tip. should I flush this plant now or just give my normal water with ph tap?

traeold420

traeold420

Good morning. Watered in with tap ph to 6.6. Run off read 6.1ph. Ppm run off read 430 but I'm not sure if that's off. Should I wait another week then reintroduce nutes at the half dose?

Last edited:
traeold420

traeold420

Good morning. Watered in with tap ph to 6.6. Run off read 6.1ph. Ppm run off read 430 but I'm not sure if that's off. Should I wait another week then reintroduce nutes at the half dose?
Pic of the runoff

20211207 061343
traeold420

traeold420

Forgot to mention the TDS meter read 138 going in. going to get a new pen and some calibration fluid to make sure that is accurate.

traeold420

traeold420

looking good bud! defoil as needed and rock them to the finish line
yep! for sure...now i just wait and manage the canopy. Thank you guys again! very valuable information from you both that i will use on my next grows.

Reactions: PK1
traeold420

traeold420

A little update 25 days now flowering. Did a bit of canopy management getting more light to these sites. Trichromes developing nicely

Polish 20220104 154725695
Top Bottom