First Time Grower Querkle

• Thread starter Dr.Dankz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xrancher

Xrancher

Dr. D, you've done a fantastic job...now I'm jealous...I would luv to stop by about 10 days from now...just for a pinch to taste...those flowers look sooo tasty...

Xrancher, waitin for an invite to Dr. D's smoke test...lol...

see ya back here in 10 days Dr. D...I'll bet you can hardly wait either...

Happy dryin n smokin,

Xrancher

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Damn Nice Job Dr. D ,

Obviously you've done yer research & have done a Stellar First time Grow . Congratufeckinlations on a Job Well Done .

Unfortunately , With that X-Rancher Guy callin first Dib's he gets the 1st 6.5 - Kilos of the Cured Querkle Harvest , The lucky fecker , I'd make em pay at least the Postage . Them Californ-i-a farmers got the Big Buck$ I see it on that there Showtime TV show Weeds ,,,

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Dr. D, you've done a fantastic job...now I'm jealous...I would luv to stop by about 10 days from now...just for a pinch to taste...those flowers look sooo tasty...

Xrancher, waitin for an invite to Dr. D's smoke test...lol...

see ya back here in 10 days Dr. D...I'll bet you can hardly wait either...

Happy dryin n smokin,

Xrancher

Thank you very much Xrancher. Smells like heaven inside my room now. You should drop in we will find out how she smokes. I hope they taste as good as they look. Soon I have to pick which seeds get to fill the now empty spaces in my growing cycle. I think I should wait until we are smoking down on this fruit.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Damn Nice Job Dr. D ,

Obviously you've done yer research & have done a Stellar First time Grow . Congratufeckinlations on a Job Well Done .

Unfortunately , With that X-Rancher Guy callin first Dib's he gets the 1st 6.5 - Kilos of the Cured Querkle Harvest , The lucky fecker , I'd make em pay at least the Postage . Them Californ-i-a farmers got the Big Buck$ I see it on that there Showtime TV show Weeds ,,,

Thank you very much Donny. I only wish there really was 6.5 kilos I dont have anything like that haha.

J

joejusttyped

nice result dankz! looking forward to hear how they smoke for sure.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Well Done Dr.

Looks like you did very well for yourself and I'm sure you'll really like your Querkle buds. Not only are they tasty they can be very potent, I grew a pack of her a few years ago and got a couple nice girls

mal

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

nice result dankz! looking forward to hear how they smoke for sure.

Thanks Joe. I am looking forward to that part also. The testers are delicious they have that sort of perfumey grand ma's purse taste with a hit of fuel and grapeness.

Looks like you did very well for yourself and I'm sure you'll really like your Querkle buds. Not only are they tasty they can be very potent, I grew a pack of her a few years ago and got a couple nice girls

mal

Hi Mal,
Thanks I am happy with the results I got for a first effort. So far I really do enjoy them. Quite tasty and very potent then creeper too. I hope the full maturity ones are even better.

S

StrikeitRich

So how the ladies working u? Any updates on ur next run? curious to see how big my gift got.

Hope all is okay.

Peace,
S i R

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Querkle Takes me to space on an Apollo Rocket

Howdy Farmers. Been a while since I have shared anything of whats going on here in the lab. Been working on some exciting new projects out were I make my living.
For a smoke report well I need to make out some of those. Let us simply say Querkle is quite lovely in my book. I didnt get the taste quite right but I can smell the tastes I am looking for. They do taste pretty yummy they have that very indica perfume minty piney taste with the occasional hint of something almost berry or grapey I am sure this has to do with my drying curing process.

I have lots of exciting new things coming in the grow room soon. I have to be away from my girls for a few days so I have kept the whole process slowed down with the clones I took from the querkles. I have also been gifted an Apollo 13-BX cut which is living under the 600w MH with the 5 querkle clones who will all make up my next flowering run. I have one other clone which is being kept as a mom for now. These are about the size I would like to start everything flowering at. However since I have to be away I will delay starting 12/12 until I am back I dont want to have to worry about someone adjusting lights and such, I have hired a trusted friend fellow caregiver to check on them for water.( the only way I think a grower can ever leave his/her plants is along these lines pay someone your sure would do it for free the pay makes sure they make the time.)

Okay a quick peak into the the flower room which is set to 24 on currently.
Apollo is the girl front and center (and photo 2) just got all tied up today. She will want to get a lot bigger than my querkles so this girl might be a real challenge for me. You will see I like the idea of keeping my girls tied up as we go from here. Apollo is likely to get some sort of scrog or some kind of restraint system for height. I have pretty much made up my mind that in future runs I will run only one strain at a time because of the size of my spaces. I will likely keep a couple different moms going and vary whats coming in different batches. Well on to the pictures for now.

P8170262
P8170263
P8170264
P8170265
S

StrikeitRich

Great work there Doc.

The APollo is a viney sorta plant, she def luvs to be whiped and chained into her place.

The girls are going to be a handfull this round with the extra veg time.

U should look into creating a pvc square with eyelet hooks 2 inches apart along the top of the pvc frame, then cut a bunch of string weave em toghether and screen up that whole room. just make the screen the distance away from the lights u want them, and it will keep em all around that same canapy highth. I'm curerently running Three strains on one screen.. lol, soon to be 4. Its as simple as when the plant apexial tip gets say 6 inches above ur screen u pop her down under the string next to it and up through to the next hole. Sorta weavin the plant into the screen as u go for extra support. U do this with the Apollo, at least, for about 18 daysish into flowering. Some strains need longer, and some shorter. All depends on the stretch shes got in her.

Just some ideas on canapy control.

Only really sucky thing about screens is working under them and trying to move plants around, and stuff like that.

Glad to see all is well, and ur kickin ass!

Peace, and enjoy ur Vay Kay!
S i R

Xrancher

Xrancher

Hey Dr. D, your cuts are lookin good and your right about leaving your farm in the hands of someone else. Enjoy your time away...the boys here in Nor Cal up in the hills get kinda twitchy this time of year when they don't have any time away...see ya when you return.

Safe Travels,

Xrancher

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Great work there Doc.

The APollo is a viney sorta plant, she def luvs to be whiped and chained into her place.

The girls are going to be a handfull this round with the extra veg time.

U should look into creating a pvc square with eyelet hooks 2 inches apart along the top of the pvc frame, then cut a bunch of string weave em toghether and screen up that whole room. just make the screen the distance away from the lights u want them, and it will keep em all around that same canapy highth. I'm curerently running Three strains on one screen.. lol, soon to be 4. Its as simple as when the plant apexial tip gets say 6 inches above ur screen u pop her down under the string next to it and up through to the next hole. Sorta weavin the plant into the screen as u go for extra support. U do this with the Apollo, at least, for about 18 daysish into flowering. Some strains need longer, and some shorter. All depends on the stretch shes got in her.

Just some ideas on canapy control.

Only really sucky thing about screens is working under them and trying to move plants around, and stuff like that.

Glad to see all is well, and ur kickin ass!

Peace, and enjoy ur Vay Kay!
S i R

Howdy Sir. I started the flowering process and I will be kicking off a new thread for the next round. Because so many people tell me I am not a 1st timer anymore. Check it out I didnt tie them down like you suggest but I have some serious bondage going on.

Hey Dr. D, your cuts are lookin good and your right about leaving your farm in the hands of someone else. Enjoy your time away...the boys here in Nor Cal up in the hills get kinda twitchy this time of year when they don't have any time away...see ya when you return.

Safe Travels,

Xrancher

Had a crazy trip it was all work an very little relaxing but it helped. The girls did well while I was gone and I would use the same methods again if I have to leave my girls.

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Hello Fellow farmers I am completely new to the hobby I have done a ton of reading and am looking to avoid pit falls. This is my first grow I choose Querkle from TGA. I am about 14 days into my 12/12 flowering. I started under 600 watt HPS and 600 watt MH bulb. I have Ac for temp control and in a mostly sealed environment I use dry ice to increase my co2 levels with my ventilation fan running 15 mins on and 45 mins off. I choose to grow as organically as I am able I understand it is harder to mess things up in a soil or coco soil mix I choose Roots Organic mix I have also selected my nutrients from the same company. I started from 9 seeds Vegged for about 4 weeks after my 5th node came up. Tragedy struck about 7 days into flower and 6 of my 9 plants turned out to be males. When I killed the boys I turned off one of my lights with only 3 plants I couldn't see running both 600 watt lamps so now i have just one 600 hps running. I will attach photos from today of the girls currently. I would love any and all feed back or advice to complete the process as smoothly as I can.
lol your way past killing them man
Hi; congratulations on your new grow, me going sealed organically, nice. As a beginner grower myself on her first harvest, I've learned gardening is a learning process, everyday it's something p, just watch your babies, feed them, ph, properly, and air on caution with nutes gardually. Ask around I join THC with a nute burn in veg. Your plants are awesome. Great job, they look alive and well. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Thanks for checking out my first grow. This all happened back back in 2011. I am a big fan of Querkle and I miss this strain. I ran this strain until I went on vacation with uncle sam for a couple years. I am just starting again in a new DWC set up. However do to my lack of trust you will soon see one plant in soil in my garden. I run a much smaller set up these days as I am only growing for one person currently. I expect that will not last long once a few people hear I am growing again.

Top Bottom