First time grower questions

• Thread starter Kyvsplash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kyvsplash

Okay so I’ve done quite a bit of due dilligence and I have a few important questions as this is my first time attempting to grow EVER and Im choosing to go with the outdoor method. I decided to dive head in first and learn as I may or may not have purchased the correct things, so my journey began by purchasing g13 labs autoflowering pineapple express seeds and having done no research and a little dilligence I purchased Earth Dust all natural plant nutrient base. So thats where I stand and onto my questions:
1. Im an east coast grower and am going to be starting a grow mid-july, am I doomed or am I going to be okay with growing in high heat index of potentially 86+ during peak sun hours for most of summer?
2. Should I use a super soil or living soil? I already purchased the living soil nutrients but am not opposed to going with another brand such as Nature’s Living Soil to create a super soil rather than a living soil
3. Should I purchase a nutrient starter pack just incase?
4. What are the basics of plant training, pruning, trimming for better yields and when will I have to start doing it?
5. If anyone has specifically grown Pineapple Express, do you have any specific recommendations?
6. Should I start my seedlings in a solo cup and transport from there to 3lb pot and then 5lb pot or should I just plant in a 5lb pot from seed to harvest?

thats all for now! Quite a bit to learn still but hopefully my questions are easy to answer. Thanks ahead of time 😅

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Welcome to the farm.

Nice to see you have done some research and asking specific questions. Indoor, typically hydro grower so I won't be of any help but plenty of great growers here to help ya get sorted.

FIreDad77

FIreDad77

I am a first timer as well but I had success in starting the seeds in solo cups and moving them to the 5lb air pots. I used Fox Farm Ocean organic soil and have been adding nutrients using Fox Farms trio.

I didn't top my plants but I have been bending and tying them to get more colas and keep the height down.

I don't have much more to add. Good luck and keep us updated. If you want to see my plants I just posted now.

Cheers

Madmax

Madmax

Hi mate..being an auto theres no time really to tip the plant as it sets them back about a couple weeks but i would definately bend the plant you have to do this gradually as you can break the root.but its not common.i use fence wire and make pegs .uno plants have the own stimulus called auxins that are produced on the dark side of the plant and forms larger cells and this makes the tip of the plant elongate towards the light.i bend all branches to make them all even.these are photos and have been topped once and trained the rest.i reckon you could get the auto close to this size before flowering.
Screenshot 20200709 035158

K

Kyvsplash

I am a first timer as well but I had success in starting the seeds in solo cups and moving them to the 5lb air pots. I used Fox Farm Ocean organic soil and have been adding nutrients using Fox Farms trio.

I didn't top my plants but I have been bending and tying them to get more colas and keep the height down.

I don't have much more to add. Good luck and keep us updated. If you want to see my plants I just posted now.

Cheers
I’ve been looking around for the best soil, it seems to be Fox Farm is the common theme amongst first time growers but I thought you could only use that soil during the vegetation stages? Thats kinda why Im leaning more towards a super soil potentially so I dont have to keep repotting

K

Kyvsplash

Hi mate..being an auto theres no time really to tip the plant as it sets them back about a couple weeks but i would definately bend the plant you have to do this gradually as you can break the root.but its not common.i use fence wire and make pegs .uno plants have the own stimulus called auxins that are produced on the dark side of the plant and forms larger cells and this makes the tip of the plant elongate towards the light.i bend all branches to make them all even.these are photos and have been topped once and trained the rest.i reckon you could get the auto close to this size before flowering.View attachment 997100
Id like to plant directly into the ground like this but I just dont have a good enough plot so ill have to pot them for sure

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’ve been looking around for the best soil, it seems to be Fox Farm is the common theme amongst first time growers but I thought you could only use that soil during the vegetation stages? Thats kinda why Im leaning more towards a super soil potentially so I dont have to keep repotting
That's incorrect, foxfarm is meant for the whole growth cycle

Shanewatson

Shanewatson

Ocean blend is hot for young plants but I but my 2 weeks old clones in it and they loved it. I’m trying sohum soil next !

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
There are a lot of super awesome diy living soils, don't know if you're into that or not

Top Bottom